Sign in to follow this  
20vtvw

dark burgundy pearl VR ,8and 9x16 OZ vegas

ive now got some H+R adapters for my merc wheels and a full metal polishing kit to save the skin on my fingers and should be a bit quicker too

wilest i was trying the adapters and merc wheels to make sure everything fits well i fitted my vegas to the vr .,they dont fit as the top of the tyre sticks out about 20mm but these will be saved for my 20v anyway.,

psh.jpg :epicfail:

as it says in the title im braking the red one :pale:

i was sat working out how much it will cost to finnish as i want it,and i just cant afford to do it so im selling off all the parts from the car and will put some towards my vr maybe vrt,or buy a nice mk1 as ive always wanted one .,i will stick a few items in the far sale section soon.,

as it says in the title im braking the red one :pale:

Just looked at everything you have done and you have done some good work, couldn't you sell a few bit to put towards the project just to keep it going?

Thats a real shame! one last thought though, think about how much time and effort you have spent on it already to make it how you want. Corrado's are very addictive and if you break it you will just have to start all over again on the next one.

better to stand back from a project and see how much stuff you have done than to look at how much needs doing

agree with that comment, but you obviously lost motivation as you were driving around in a very nice corrado anyway

ye maybe my vr killed the 20v.,the red one has taken alot of work but it was a learning curve from start to finnish so now next project will be much easier and i wont ever attempt to do a full car build again as it just cost far too much ,,

so the vr will have bits done slowly ,.

so ive startted by painting my 8 holes in biege ,orderd 195,40s and have h+r adapters ,so these will be on by the end of the week,

then its getting a little paint to make mint ,.and will make the vegas fit properly for next summer.,and that should keep me happy for a wile :roll:

with the parts im selling i hope to get a nice mk1 that will sit in my new garrage gaining interest and will be kept standerd apart from coilovers and 8x14s

if anyone wants the red shell give me a shout as it will be taken away early next week as im moving house(another reason i cant carry on with it) :cry:

sorry to hear about the 20v.

i was thinking about fitting one to mine, first dibs if your selling yours......and you could give me advice on how to fit it. :D

so heres some pics of my vr ive changed the wheels and fitted a 50mm front splitter as the 90 was hitting everything :D

08112009912.jpg

08112009911.jpg

08112009914.jpg

08112009910.jpg

hope you like what ive done.,??

Love it :luvlove:

I ditched my 90mm for a 50mm too, its like driving a new car now.

Is that lamin-x on in-pro rears? I want to do my in-pros all red but i'm not sure weather to spray or lamin-x. Yours look very smart.

thanks ,,

the wheels have 20mm H+R adapters to 5x112 .,

rears are in pros which i painted the crome surrounds in gloss black then used red tint spray on top halfs and a good layer of laquer(or it fades in a week)

gona match the engine plastics to the wheels colour and also need a vr badge for the front also in ford biege.,

glad you like :D

small update just to say that it flew through the mot, :clap: and now has all new solid brakelines mk4 rear callipers,

new dishes will be ordered for the vegas(have to be custom made by image as unavailable in 16"30 hole)nxt month

also front end re spray to get rid of the stone chips.,

bucklesinn.jpg

since last update i got myself a mk1 golf,,project :help: (have all parts to build just need time)white 2.0 16v on bike carbs.,

mk1b-1.jpg

mkside.jpg

and got my wife a mk4 golf v6 4motion

4mogolf.jpg

.,ha ha.,got 5 cars on the drive at moment :cuckoo: mk1 is an 83 but im going to make my own small light rear panel using cabby lights.,its just about ready for paint now as there isnt any rust ,just waiting for the weather to warm up now.,

.,ha ha.,got 5 cars on the drive at moment :cuckoo: mk1 is an 83 but im going to make my own small light rear panel using cabby lights.,its just about ready for paint now as there isnt any rust ,just waiting for the weather to warm up now.,

looking forward to seeing the work mate

nice work with the bay:clap:

small update but not good news :(

my rado now has no engine in as i ran out of petrol and my mum got a can full of v power ,i put that in but wouldnt start,so towed it home checked plugs and they were covered in oil so recon the head needs a bit of work so took the engine out as its easier to change engine ,.i then found out that my mum put v power diesel in my car not petrol so that explains it not starting :cuckoo:

since the engine is out and upto 187k i might aswel put a lower milage lump in (lilffuzers :luvlove: )but thats not till end of may.,so in the meen time i have ordered my dishes and found a good engineer that will redrill my rear discs to 5x112 stud pattern and my front hubs to 4x100(so i can keep my outer cvs)to run my OZ vegas without adapters :clap: and will also be able to run a 5x100 wheel still for winter use.,

the mk1 hasnt changed from b4 but my paint has arrived and picked up the rado 2.0 16v lump for it this morning(thanks timmy)

will get some pics up of some progress once things stop going wrong.,

small update,,

i have now got and fitted a low milage and rebuilt obd1 coilpack engine,,this was a pain to fit as i had to change the full engine loom :censored:

im also well on the way to finnaly getting my vegas on by getting the rear discs re drilled to 5x112 and the front hubs are now at the engineers getting redrilled to 5x112 also ,,its only costing me £60 for the redrill all round and meens i can fit my wheels without adapters :clap:

these should all be fitted nxt weekend with new bearings ect.

pics will follow v soon :norty: