blenkj

my g60 finally started on it. bare shell rebuild.

How much does the roof panel actually weigh? And what would be the savings in CF?

well its a sunroof model at the mo and that weighs a bit so just puttting soild in was my first plan. just fanced doing a carbon one as its bare shell. i will try and find some info on weigh loss from using carbon. mite do bonnet aswell as there heavy.

I have a carbon roof on my Corrado which I fitted back in May this year. My car was fitted with a sunroof previously and I can tell you the weight saving is 27kg. Well worth having if of course you intend to do as I have done and strip out the interior and go for light weight alternative components. As an aside are you going to fit a headlining to reduce interior noise? If you are I have two OEM non sunroof headlinings to offer.

I have a carbon roof on my Corrado which I fitted back in May this year. My car was fitted with a sunroof previously and I can tell you the weight saving is 27kg. Well worth having if of course you intend to do as I have done and strip out the interior and go for light weight alternative components. As an aside are you going to fit a headlining to reduce interior noise? If you are I have two OEM non sunroof headlinings to offer.

sweet thanks. dont no yet which way to go, mite go with stripped and see how it goes. :D

WOAH, how jealous am i of your super looking garage set up!!

Will be keeping an eye on this.

More pics of the 16vG60 mk1 to!!

Lol I see myself in Blenk's garage there.

We had fun lifting the shell onto the A frames. We only just made it with three people.

The 16V G60 is shweeeet.

lowlifedubs10.jpg

Woah... Nice project you have on the go here...

Where you based then??

only about 20 mins from you at retford.

Lol I see myself in Blenk's garage there.

We had fun lifting the shell onto the A frames. We only just made it with three people.

The 16V G60 is shweeeet.

lowlifedubs10.jpg

yea m8 it was fun. got the under side 2 pack painted after you went the other day hoping to do all the subframe, wishbones and beem on friday and get it back on the ground :clap: .

will update pics 2mro nite.

Cool well I'll bring my pressure washer around and we can wash off the parts like shocks etc before they go back on the car.

love it!!!

wish i still had access to a full garage like that!!!!

when you start on the bay and putting things back in let me know of you want any stainless bolts to build it up with

or shiney braided brake lines

hoping to get it on its wheels 2mro (friday). will update as soon as i can fingers crossed all goes well.

after a tig welder if anyone knows of 1 for sale cheap :lol:

Blenk that looks pants!!! lol

I take such a nice pic!! ;)

You forgot to mention that the subframe and rear beam have been totally overhauled and pollybushed and refitted!!

cheers. glad to see its not just me on here today ha ha ha. was going to do some work on the rado today but the misuss didnt seam best pleased. :lol:

yeah get it done mate. If there was someone down the garage I would be down there doing my engine as lost the last 5 days through sickness

cheers. glad to see its not just me on here today ha ha ha. was going to do some work on the rado today but the misuss didnt seam best pleased. :lol:

Sounds like you mate! :D

some more updates. andys got the rear arch filled and rubbed down and looking well.

DSC04580.jpg

DSC04582.jpg

DSC04593-1.jpg

DSC04590-1.jpg

DSC04587.jpg

DSC04581.jpg

DSC04595-1.jpg

hoping to get some paint on nxt week.