Toad

Music thread...

Oh yeah, Isley Brothers, 3+3.

I got that on vinyl - you old hippy!

Good Hendrix-style by one of the bros. Summer Breeze, Who's that Lady?. Classics.

Best Film in the World!!!!

Wicked tune as well from 1:40 .... Aphrodite - Stalker

Hope you enjoy this as much as i do!

Jungle is massive!! Fave scene from Human Traffic lol[/quote:2bux2w1l]

I crewed on that movie... nearly everyone on our course at uni is in it (particularly during club scenes - shot at unlikely hours like 10am on Sundays in Club X, Cardiff). Director was in the year ahead of usand producer was one of our lecturers

Never liked the flick tho :)

liking the muse at the moment in particular the haarp album of the live gig and their new album is also very good :D

Really enjoying the tune Nietzsche by The Dandy Warhols this evening for some reason!

This one realy cool IMHO (nice for fast driving too...lol):

enjoy!

EDIT:

it's not a pro drug song - if someone might think so lol...:)

Really enjoying the tune Nietzsche by The Dandy Warhols this evening for some reason!

Yep, avoiding the overplayed Bohemian Like You track, that album is superb... full of flourishes that shouldn't work (trumpets on Godless), (ah, ah, ah... on Solid). Two thumbs up. :thumb right: :thumbleft:

realy like lostphrophets latest release not the end of the world, cant wait till their new albums out on the 18th jan.

Still loving 'Junior' by Royksopp. Fav tracks are Tricky Tricky and You Don't Have a Clue, although every track is great 8)

Cant get enough of Them Crooked Vultures:

Album out on the 17th Nov!!!! :clap:

Temper Trap's album is well worth a listen. Also Listening to the Yeah Yeah Yeah's new album (can't remember the name) at the moment.

As I share lifts to work can't have it on that loud :(

All this talk of music is making me want to put a radio back in the car !!

You know it makes sense John :D

All this talk of music is making me want to put a radio back in the car !!

You know it makes sense John :D[/quote:19vyv8ff]

My God! Man cannot live without music, surely?

Strange confession -

"Are Friends Electric" is the only track on the radio that made me pull into a layby so I could hear it properly and get the name. Probably in August 1979. The sounds were so astonishingly original at that time.

Strange confession -

"Are Friends Electric" is the only track on the radio that made me pull into a layby so I could hear it properly and get the name. Probably in August 1979. The sounds were so astonishingly original at that time.

Legendary tune!

There was a brilliant documentary on BBC4 about 2wks ago talking about the rise of electronic music, with bits from Kraftwerk, The Normal, Throbbing Gristle, Depeche Mode, Gary Numan etc... there's a great segment with the frontmen from OMD and The Human League admitting that they spent too long experimenting and thinking 'we might be able to get a No.1 out of this...', when Numan rolled up with Tubeway Army, got 'Are Friends Electric' on Top of the Pops and drop kicked them in squarely in the knackers for piddling their time away :lol:

it was called Synth Britannia if you didn't see it - might still be on iPlayer?!

Thanks for that jazzdevil.

Didnt see that prog - BBC4 are always repeating anyway so will catch it next time. Saw the ones about German post war progrock and the one about Kraftwerk.

The documentary about the racy, decadent and hedonistic cabaret life in Berlin in the 1930s (as Europe spirals towards hell) was fascinating, too.

"Hail! Hail! Rock 'n' Roll".

Thanks for that jazzdevil.

Didnt see that prog - BBC4 are always repeating anyway so will catch it next time. Saw the ones about German post war progrock and the one about Kraftwerk.

The documentary about the racy, decadent and hedonistic cabaret life in Berlin in the 1930s (as Europe spirals towards hell) was fascinating, too.

"Hail! Hail! Rock 'n' Roll".

What was the programme about Berlin called? A friend of mine is researching that period for a novel she is writing. Could be a help to her.

Hi, Wullie.

It was "Alan Cumming's: The Real Cabaret" on Sunday. Cumming :camp: was the host and even got an interview with Liza Minelli and others about the making of the film. He visted parts of Berlin and interviewed a few other people and there were lots of stories about the characters and era with contemporary footage. A lot of the acts were Jewish and some of the ladies were, err...... :camp: ..of the gay persuasion. Apparently Berlin was THE place to visit in the 30s if you were in the money and the pursuit of fun, despite the swastika flags everywhere. Not for everyone, though, the writer of the book - Christopher Isherwood :camp: who lived in Berlin at that time said it was a "buG£ers paradise". :pukeright:

My God! Man cannot live without music, surely?

I'm tempted to say that the sound of 24 valves is music enough - but I'll resist :)

Hi, Wullie.

It was "Alan Cumming's: The Real Cabaret" on Sunday. Cumming :camp: was the host and even got an interview with Liza Minelli and others about the making of the film. He visted parts of Berlin and interviewed a few other people and there were lots of stories about the characters and era with contemporary footage. A lot of the acts were Jewish and some of the ladies were, err...... :camp: ..of the gay persuasion. Apparently Berlin was THE place to visit in the 30s if you were in the money and the pursuit of fun, despite the swastika flags everywhere. Not for everyone, though, the writer of the book - Christopher Isherwood :camp: who lived in Berlin at that time said it was a "buG£ers paradise". :pukeright:

Thanks for this. I'll pass it on to her, I'm sure she will be sitting taking notes all the way through. I'm a bit pissed and hyper at the moment. Publisher replied to my synopsis and wants to see the manuscript of my whole novel, and they've only had it two weeks. Off to pour another malt and a bottle of Deuchars

Hi, Wullie.

Thanks for this. I'll pass it on to her, I'm sure she will be sitting taking notes all the way through. I'm a bit pissed and hyper at the moment. Publisher replied to my synopsis and wants to see the manuscript of my whole novel, and they've only had it two weeks. Off to pour another malt and a bottle of Deuchars

Hey! - Good luck with that, man! :salute:

You must be an automaton without a soul, :wink: John!

Not at all ;)

I always had a good stereo in the car when I was younger, but these days I like my music where I can concentrate on listening - and can drift off in a haze of nostalgia. Not the best thing to do in the car, I don't want to be like the guy in 'A Day in the Life' * - ' ... ... he blew his mind out in a car, he didn't notice that the lights had changed.' :lol:

* Btw, I bought the album (vinyl, of course) in the month that it was originally released, June 1967. And I drove across 'that' zebra crossing more times than I can remember :)

Dave Grohl? Check.

Josh Homme? Check.

Jon Paul Jones? Check.

Hell. Yes. 8)

Them Crooked Vultures 'Mind Eraser, No Chaser' free download on iTunes right now! 8)

Just bought Annie Mac Presents, and Nirvana Live at Reading '92.

Both are making homework slightly easier...