Sign in to follow this  
Swompy

Unlimited budget to mod a corrado what would you do?

I would like to know what people would do to their Corrado if they had an unlimited budget to do what ever they wanted to it.

Here is what i would do.

Body and chases:

Buy a vr6 and completely strip it own to the chases, then have the chases cleaned and reconditioned, along with all the panels, keeping it looking as close to how it came out of the factory as possible

respray it black or yellow

Engine:

Replace the old engine with a brand new vr6 engine from vw, a decent gear box to go with it and all the other part need ie radiator ect ect. Also have it converted to 4wd. Have the exhaust tips coming out each side of the car just in front of the rear wheels. Possibly fit a turbo or supercharger????

Drivetraine:

New and bigger breaks, all round suspension, fat wheels all round with a nice pair of rims. Also have the fuel tank extended into the place where the exhaust would of ran through.

Inside:

Nothing major just made looking as close to factory speck as possible, but have a decent CD player and speakers. Have the best alarm, immobiliser and tracker fitted.

That’s what i would do if i could.

Cant wait to see what other people would do.

Quick run down would consist of a clean raddo with carbon fibre panels,with r36 motor with turbo,Quaife 6 speed, four wheel drive haldex,caged,hudge brakes,huge calipers and spend most of the time on the track! 8)

If I had an unlimited budget, I wouldn't waste anymore money on a 15yo car, I'd buy one of these :lol:

923535-2.jpg[/attachment:1npc78ra]

If I had an unlimited budget, I wouldn't waste anymore money on a 15yo car, I'd buy one of these :lol:

+1

My wife however would not let me sell the C so I'd still have to fix it.

I don't think I'd even mod mine. I'd just completely rebuild it and get it as close to being brand new as possible. I'd just love to know what it was like to drive a brand new Corrado.

Quick run down would consist of a clean raddo with carbon fibre panels,with r36 motor with turbo,Quaife 6 speed, four wheel drive haldex,caged,hudge brakes,huge calipers and spend most of the time on the track! 8)

Whay not slap 2 Turbos on for good measure??

Take 1 VR6, strip completely, hot dip galvanise, respray, rebuilt VR engine, rebuilt gearbox, new 288 brakes, new wishbones (TT/GTi Bushes), new rear beam, all new hoses, OBDII conversion, refurbed speedlines, Shrick, schimmel 263 cams, plenty of sound deadening, new lights all round, new glass, moonroof. Then use as a runaround.

Take 1 16v, strip completely hot dip galvanise, respray, nw rear beam, wishbones, suspension, steering rack etc, build up Low compression ABF (2l 16v engine), fit with GT28RS, charge cooler, bigger brakes, rebuilt gearbox with LSD, new glass, lights, etc, keep looking stock on outside, refurb stock interior. Then use as weekend toy.

923535-2.jpg[/attachment:3dh13hjk]

Can't fault you there Billcor :clap:

Was thinkin only the other night - if I could have only 1 car, price no limit - that would be it.

A practical, most technically accomplished supercar.

Whay not slap 2 Turbos on for good measure??[/quote:21omkk9f]

They seem to be getting a 1000hp with just one turbo! so that should do :lol:

Complete strip down and rebuild, hot tub galvanise the chassis as the Toadster already said. Get all the wiring looms remanufactured,

Go custom parts crazy, aluminium front outer wings, bonnet and door skins. Remake all the plastic water bits out of billet aluminium, replace the bumper metal work with titanium items. Remanufacture all heavy steel parts in titanium, seat rails, window mechanisms etc. Model airflow over the entire car and make modifications to the underside to improve airflow.

Usual selection of engine mods; bore it out, blueprint, ported head, lightweight pistons and rods, lighter and knife edged crank, ported throttle body, improved boost pipework, BBM stage 4 the charger, RSR outlet, chargecooler, sportier cam, lightweight cam gear etc.

6 speed box with LSD.

wouldnt mod one, id just buy the rather special 16vg60 thats in the basement at the karmann museum...

that is all..

I think I'm the same as a lot of the folks here.

I suppose I'd have two. Both VR's. One would be Paul Kippax's immaculate, almost showroom fresh VR6 - and the other would be something like Kevs or Shauns VR6 turbo's. Something that you know is tweaked, but not to the levels that you'd expect. Enough to be faithful to Corrado originality.. but fast enough to blow the doors off lots and lots of cars :)

Buy all parts that available new for it, and have it as close to stock as possible........;)

What I eventually will do to mine though, but will take some time I guess.......;)

No body said they'd make sure the sunroof, door handles and spoiler would never break :lol:

simple solution to two of those probs...

buy my non-sunroof shell and audi handled doors... :)

Fit Audi R8 V10 with running gear and DSG (making it fit somehow :scratch: ), roll cage for stiffness, all black paint job with black wheels.

I think the first thing I would do though is rip out all electrics and start again! :lol:

Unlimited funds to do a Corrado eh.

Well I would do two.

First one would be a performance one.

Stripped interior, caged, big seats, big AP brakes, lightweight 17s, expensive suspension, alloy fuel cell under bonnet and a R36 turbo engine mid mounted feeding power to the rear wheels. Yea baby :clap:

Second would be a pure show car.

Would have to be a blackberry VR with a plush leather retrim charcoal grey with blackberry stitching, air suspension, 9.5 in wide BBS RS rims all round with centres done in blackberry, engine done all dark to match the leather in a smoothed bay

nothing a finished raddo would be boring if i had an unlimited budget i would go and runin another car not a rado

Fit Audi R8 V10 with running gear and DSG (making it fit somehow :scratch: )

:norty: made me laugh, now that would be fun!!!

They seem to be getting a 1000hp with just one turbo! so that should do :lol:

that should do!! are they really? thats nuts! :D

I would ask people on the forum just like you have and then go 'jesus, can that really be done?' quite a bit. I would have a track C over a daily every time tho, although that really is dreaming... lol

I am with the olde skool. Take it back to Karmann and get them to rebuild to how it was in January 1993 when it came out of the factory. Keep it for about 60000miles then sell as a 1owner before all the little niggles / traits appear. :D