Abdul

A comeback is looming...

On another note I'm now also thinking of Z3's for some reason. Fancy a convertible to faf about in for the summer and the wide arches and long bonnet of the Z have always appealed... Hmm

Slap yourself silly with a wet kipper mate, NNNNNOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Just watch one of the old James Bond films where he drives the Z3, not right :camp:.

Never had a Z3....they had a bit of a bad reputation didn't they? However, I did like the hardtop M version in grey, with the quad exhausts...If you like long bonnets, then get an E Type Jag lol

Meh lol. Just watched those vids back and the 24v does sound naughty I must say!

My mate had a Z3 and the build quality was terrible. I also don't think the shape has aged well. I had a mk1 TT coupe at the time and it was a far better car. I adore Z4's but the Z3 was not the greatest period in BMW's history.

My mate had a Z3 and the build quality was terrible. I also don't think the shape has aged well. I had a mk1 TT coupe at the time and it was a far better car. I adore Z4's but the Z3 was not the greatest period in BMW's history.

Fair play but the prices would suggest otherwise?

A decent mileage 97-98 2.8 will set you back 3.5k with some of the late 3.0's costing more than the early z4's which do nothing for me in cabrio form lol.

I still ideally want a 330ci but I haven't seen one in the exact spec I want yet hence wondering off to look at z3's.

330ci, I hope you have good reflexes to catch the back end.....

Get an NSX (if you can find one), you'll be happy.

Prob be frowned upon but I've got a real hankering for a Nissan 350Z. Not crazy money but look to have some of the Corrado character (6 cylinder coupe) but with rwd. Sounds like fun to me.

Could never afford an nsx, they're beautiful.

Vinny don't worry I learnt all about arse catching with my clk430 lol. When that thing let go (all the time) it doesn't want to come back.

Matt, 350's are nice but I don't really want a jap lol.

Although a Z3 wouldn't be on my list I do think that a cabrio would be a good shout for you. You've chopped and changed a few times and I think a cabrio would hold your interest for a bit if you've never owned one before.

So it's in the right price range, it's a cabrio, it sounds good and has a great engine, and it's a BMW. Overall it seems the right car for you.

Although a Z3 wouldn't be on my list I do think that a cabrio would be a good shout for you. You've chopped and changed a few times and I think a cabrio would hold your interest for a bit if you've never owned one before.

So it's in the right price range, it's a cabrio, it sounds good and has a great engine, and it's a BMW. Overall it seems the right car for you.

That's pretty much my thinking...

I'm just a bit bored of VAG and older Merc's don't do it for me so BMW it is lol. I did look at 545's for about 5mins but I don't think I could live with 10-15mpg around town like the merc.

Never had a Z3....they had a bit of a bad reputation didn't they? However, I did like the hardtop M version in grey, with the quad exhausts...If you like long bonnets, then get an E Type Jag lol

Yep. Unfortunately the Z3 was hampered dynamically by the E30's rear axle setup and was also marred by the E36's rubbish build quality. The "compact" was another offshoot of that platform and was by far the worst car to ever wear the BMW badge.

Anyway, the only Z3 worth bothering with, as you rightly pointed out, is the legendary Z3M coupe. An ugly bread van to those not in the know. A wet dream for those in the know. I like the car's history in that BMW engineers saw the potential in the Z3M ragtop and worked after hours to come up with the hard top, just like the MK1 GTI's conception....

i hate the Z3's with a passion unless its an M one, if i was looking for a rear wheel drive soft top with some ooomph i would consider a Honda S2000, i do really like driving them.

Ok. Comments taken on board. 3.0 z3 test driven and it's a no.

To sum up it was ****. Fast though. :)

It's going to either be a 530 m sport (e39) or 330 sport. I did think about a 540 but after the Mercs crippling fuel costs I dont think I could do it!

Need the rado gone! 3.5k takes it as it stands! :)

---------- Post added at 7:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:18 PM ----------

Judging by the lack of response to my video clips I shall post them again, I think the z3 diverted everyone's attention lol.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...1/0c2a0545.mp4

And a little 0-60 action... Bare in mind I have about 30kg of sub and box in the car and my cousin recording!

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...1/dfd914fb.mp4

Cheers

out of the 530/330 i would have the 530 as its just a nicer place to be, i find the 3 series very closterfobic for some reason also??

i like this 530i http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/E39-BMW-530i-Sport-2003-Aegean-Edition-Individual-Inc-Gearbox-rebuild-/130673754697?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1e6cc34249

and this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2001-BMW-530I-SPORT-AUTO-GREEN-HIGH-SPEC-/251037499941?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3a73004225

Edited by KADVR6

Haha Karl ive been talking to the guy wih the Aegean blue one. Its going to have to be Aegean blue for me defo.

I know what you mean. I don't know why I like the idea of wafting around in the 5 and I know they have a great chassis too so will provide some thrills when needed!

I just need mine gone now to be honest.

How was your 540 on fuel? Was it manual or auto? Going to have a look through gor build thread now lol.

Isn't the 540 going to be a bit similar in character to your Merc? You must have had a reason to sell that so if you do get a 540 then you might be back in another Corrado again shortly after.

How about a Boxter? That's sporty, has great handling, and has the fun of being a convertible. Not sure what they sell for nowadays but an early one can't be too much.

the 540 was not that bad on fuel, i could get mid 20's around town and once seen 38 on the motorway, but that was driving very carefully and mine was an auto like 95% of all 540's are.

i do miss it sometimes.

Cheers Karl.

Adrian I here you but the merc was very sloppy to drive, proper yank muscle car style. The e39 is known to have very good handling etc which is important to me.

I did think about a boxster but realistically the ones I like are circa 10k and an e46 m3/m5 would be my choice at that money. Even then I'm not going to pretend for a second that I have that much to spend lol. 5k tops.

What about an S2000??? I always said that I would not buy Japanese, then I tried an S2000 on a track day and I was hooked. Yes I love my VR6, and I've had the usual BMW's, but the VTEC Honda's have that certain something. I had a Moonstone Grey Civic Type R as a company car, and I think I set a world record on a run from Birmingham to Aberystwyth............

If I could find an NSX in the right colour, mileage and spec, the VR6 would be gone.

Edited by DriverVR6

What about an S2000???

i said exactly the same thing at the top of this page Vinny, i do love them

Sorry Karl, didn't see that. Yes S2000's are great, and in my opinion the early prefacelift ones are the best. I can't think of many manufacturers that can get 125bhp naturally aspirated per litre, with 100% reliability. As far as I'm aware, a VTEC system has never failed. It's also a ground up Cabriolet, so no body flex. I'd better stop now as I don't want to hog Abduls thread and talk about VTECS on a Corrado Forum...!!!!

Edited by DriverVR6

i said exactly the same thing at the top of this page Vinny, i do love them

Doh, missed it, sorry mate.

Nice cars but I don't want a jap. Blinkers are on! If I did I'd have a teg type r. S200's are awesome but don't actually appeal to me for some reason.

Judging by the lack of response to my video clips I shall post them again, I think the z3 diverted everyone's attention lol.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...1/0c2a0545.mp4

And a little 0-60 action... Bare in mind I have about 30kg of sub and box in the car and my cousin recording!

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...1/dfd914fb.mp4

Cheers

It's because they're on bloody photobucket and I can't see them at work. I don't do foruming at home. Don't get paid to :lol:

As Karl says, 530 defo. Much better chassis than the 3 series and much better built as well.

yeh you not wrong about being better built, it took me over 6 hours to get the drivers side doorcard off mine, all the screws were out but it just would not budge, when it came off i thought ****e i have broken something?? but nothing broken just put together soooo well that they dont like being pulled apart.

BMW like their hidden fixings don't they! Honestly, the 5 is like stepping out of a Mondeo into an A4. You can just feel the strength in the shell when you go over bumps etc, it's just utterly solid. The 3 is definitely built to a price in comparison. The 5 is their premium car and they go to town on it. Especially the old E34s. You never see a rusty one.