Abdul

A comeback is looming...

I just dont like speedlines, they look far too small for the car and imho look a bit wimpy for the muscular general look and stance. Mine will be going soon just as soon as i've cleaned up and re-tyred these new wheels (6-spoke tt's), then back (hopefully!) to the polished tt comps. 17" are quite large for such a small car but really do suit it a la OSVs and others. Your car really is stunning, hang on to it!

As an aside, i've just swopped out my Isotta for (another Isotta) flat bottomed wheel and it is realy quite different to drive and steer with. Makes a good change, so it may be that you just need a few simple tweaks to reignite your interest...

Edited by fla

Thats interesting hasan, you dont seem to hear many disliking speedies i know where you're coming from on size but i guess you just accept it and get on with it as it is. Must say i've never had the desire to have a different wheel on it al the time i've had it even before it became concours standard. Guess i'm wierd :lol:

Walesy, I've given the car untill may as thats when the insurance is up. I'll see how it goes I guess lol.

I'd like to put it back to OEM-ish then start over from there as I'll no doubt get bored of super skinny wheels lol.

Just to bug you Abdul :lol:

Evil! I'm guessing those are standard 280's up front? They fill the wheels out nicely! Its screaming for a 40mm drop though! :lol:

oem is the future...lol

It is. :)

Na Standard rocks, litterally :lol:

No it doesn't. :)

I just dont like speedlines, they look far too small for the car and imho look a bit wimpy for the muscular general look and stance. Mine will be going soon just as soon as i've cleaned up and re-tyred these new wheels (6-spoke tt's), then back (hopefully!) to the polished tt comps. 17" are quite large for such a small car but really do suit it a la OSVs and others. Your car really is stunning, hang on to it!

As an aside, i've just swopped out my Isotta for (another Isotta) flat bottomed wheel and it is realy quite different to drive and steer with. Makes a good change, so it may be that you just need a few simple tweaks to reignite your interest...

I agree with you, if the speedies were 16x7.5/8 they'd be bang on. They're a bit too skinny as standard! To be honest other then getting the stance right and painting the car I have no other plans for the immediate future. Thing is and I know this will sound weird but I don't mind running factory wheels with chunky tyres and a decent arch gap which will make for a nice drive. On the other hand if I run 17's etc I won't be happy unless the stance is bang on but to be honest I can't deal

with the ride or the rattles anymore! I like how Gareth's car sits but I still think 17's make the car look smaller then it is.

On another note I still reckon the OEM leather wheel is best for driving hard. A 320 will feel better when cruising around but doesn't offer the same control IMO when on the limits.

Guess i'm wierd :lol:

So true! :lol:

So the old water pump was getting noisy and the car was difficult to start in warm weather so had the water pump and coolant temp sensor changed today...

Check out the condition of the old one... There was one blade left on it lol!

e5645b9a.jpg

F*ck knows how it didn't overheat all this time lol.

Also dropped the front about 15mm, amazingly the coils weren't seized at all!!

Excuse the dirt, I cant be bothered to wash it lol.

063e60cb.jpg

d35f6327.jpg

7d5ee46c.jpg

7c8ed14e.jpg

Azev's might stay after all... I'd like to get it down 10mm more all round but I'd need smaller spacers on the rear as it catches ever so slightly on one of the rear arches despite my arches being rolled.

Still no love for the car. I'm sorting out all the niggles regardless as working on the car always brings about some love. Insurance ends in may do I've decided if Im still not feeling it by then it'll be on its way so if anyone's interested drop me a pm. I think I've outgrown corrado's... :(

you never outgrow Corrados...took mine for a good blast today, had the windows down and enjoyed the VR sound. Still gives me a kick. Yours will be super smooth less raucous but still must sound good, no? Maybe give it a break for a week or so. I always find that, when i see another Corrado (rare nowadays), i feel glad i've got 'one of them'. Hang in there, maybe cars arent doing for you right now.

If it's any help, I lost the love for my VR when it was my daily, it's not the daily now and the love has been restored.

Thanks H.

Dave you've got it spot on there. In a month or so I'll have about 2.5k to spend on a daily and I was originally going to get a bog standard mk4 Tdi to roll around in but at the same time I can't help but think that 6k would get me a nice all rounded that could do everything all year round!!

Well see.

Yes but then you'll have an average car that does everything in an average way. By having a daily and the Corrado for the weekend you'll enjoy each for what it does best.

Loving the look on yours. The wheels look great. Although if it were me I would probably be trying to get it looking stock again. A stock storm including solitudes, but with a modern 24v would be just about perfect.

if you do go for a single car then how about a 944? That certainly wouldn't be average and may get your interest going again.

Hey Adrian, not a fan of 944's. I don't want anything old again unless it's a weekend car...

I know what your saying about owning a daily and the storm but to me it's just beginning to make more sense to buy a good all rounder.

Cars going up for sale next weekend in the mean timeout anyone's interested pm me. Price will only reflect what it owes me.

I drove a friends 330ci sport (manual) the other day and for the money they're a very complete car. It can cruise about like my merc did but maintains some of the corrados driver appeal. Handling is sublime for a standard car and it just feels right.

Admittedly they're common as muck but hey ho I'll just buy one in yellow. :)

Edited by Abdul

Abdul, if I didn't already have two (VR6 and now also a 2.0 16v) then I would happily buy it.....and then sell it back to you for alot more when you start to miss it !!

BMW 330ci...had one about 6yrs ago. They are nice, but I prefer the driving position, looks and rarity of a Corrado.

this is a shame Abdul, i'm sure you could/would have taken it to another concours level. Worst thing is you've not even taken me for a drive in it! I'm sure you're taking the best decision under your circumstances.

I hear you driver. Thanks mate.

H, thanks bro, lots of things I'd like to do but at the end of the day my hearts not in it and let's be honest you have to really like a corrado to put up with em sometimes lol. It's that Merc I owned; it's raised my expectations for a car especially in terms of refinement.

Thing is for me with owning a corrado, I'll never really be happy with it unless I have a rather substantial amount of money I can spend on it. I think no5 will wait 5 years lol.

Then there's the cost of running 2 cars in general which will no doubt deplete the corrado funds further thus making me lose interest further.

If it doesn't go for what I want it'll stay. :)

Edited by Abdul

Hi guys, seen the car I want so 3600 takes it with the plate if anyone's interested.

Cheers

Yep going to get a 330ci in a sport.

I've found a couple with all the toys hence trying to shift the rado a bit quicker!

I was looking at e46 m3's too as 7k gets you one but in my eyes it's like buying a VR for 1.5k, it's going to have issues plus general running costs etc makes them a not so good idea for now. I'll get a 330ci do a few chassis mods and enjoy it (I hope).

Edited by Abdul

Yep going to get a 330ci in a sport.

I've found a couple with all the toys hence trying to shift the rado a bit quicker!

I was looking at e46 m3's too as 7k gets you one but in my eyes it's like buying a VR for 1.5k, it's going to have issues plus general running costs etc makes them a not so good idea for now. I'll get a 330ci do a few chassis mods and enjoy it (I hope).

Oddly enough I'm drawn to BMWs at the moment too. I do like the 330cis. Quick, smooth and handle well. Bit juicy though, but anyone coming from a VR6 will be used to that :D

If you get an E46, have the rear subframe mounts on the boot floor checked / repaired. There's a BMW bulletin about it. The floor there is apparently weak and fractures over time where the subframe mounts attach. It's much worse on the M3 because of the extra power and stresses of drifting. If you get the newest E46 possible, it may be covered under warranty still.

Oddly enough I'm drawn to BMWs at the moment too. I do like the 330cis. Quick, smooth and handle well. Bit juicy though, but anyone coming from a VR6 will be used to that :D

If you get an E46, have the rear subframe mounts on the boot floor checked / repaired. There's a BMW bulletin about it. The floor there is apparently weak and fractures over time where the subframe mounts attach. It's much worse on the M3 because of the extra power and stresses of drifting. If you get the newest E46 possible, it may be covered under warranty still.

Cheers Kev.

There's something about the way they drive that's a bit corrado like but with all the modern refinement you could want. It's that balance they have and the engine is creamy smooth!

I know about the rear subframe mounts, will defo keep an eye out for that. I'd love an m3 but running costs will murder me lol. After the 4.3 clk the BMW should be pretty economical I reckon lol.

To be honest thinking about it, I don't think I'm sick of corrados or wanting rid of mine for any reason other then the fact that I really want an e46. I keep driving my mates and it's just a good all rounder.

If mine doesn't go within the next month at the price I want I'll reinsure it and look into refining the ride and interior a little.

God I'd love to retro fit air con. Do you think it'd be possible to fit the mk4 system being as the 4mo lumps already in there?

Edited by Abdul

I know what you mean about BMs. I've always been into the 80s/90s Bimmers, mainly for the way they look :D The E46 drives really well. There's a directness and weighty self centering feel (if lacking a little in feel) to the steering which is very Corradoesque. And they feel 10x more solidly made than a Corrado :lol:

Yeah the M3 will kill you at every inspection 2 mate, because of the manual tappet adjustment. And when you're up in the fun rpms, you'll be doing low teens mpg! And they need that expensive 10W/60 castrol edge oil or it drinks the stuff. Still....after a VRT and VR32, they wouldn't bother me too much. I like a thoroughbred machine that needs regular maintenance like a good gun does :D Audi S and RS cars are for the people who dream of an M, but who don't quite have the minerals for it ;-)

Air con..... well, 2 boxes are ticked aren't they. 24V motor with plenty of MK4 A/C parts available and you can obviously get a VW a/c rad for corrados, so you would just need to somehow fudge in the MK4 climate stuff and sort the pipework. Personally speaking, it's too much faff to keep my plums cool over summer! But Kudos to those who pull it off!

Kev, you summed it up!

For those that are umming and arring make your mind up soon because come 1st may one of two things will happen; it gets sorn'd and locked away or I insurance it again and drive it for another year.

Tax is until the end of the year btw as is the mot.

£3600 cash takes the lot, £3500 without the plate.

Cheers

Ah just saw It will reply in a bit.

A couple iPhone sound clips...

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll141/big_k_1/0c2a0545.mp4

And a little 0-60 action... Bare in mind I have about 30kg of sub and box in the car and my cousin recording!

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll141/big_k_1/dfd914fb.mp4

Cheers

Edited by Abdul

On another note I'm now also thinking of Z3's for some reason. Fancy a convertible to faf about in for the summer and the wide arches and long bonnet of the Z have always appealed... Hmm