Sign in to follow this  
colinstubbs

F1 Lewis Hamilton Penalised

As the subject, Lewis and Maclaren penalised for giving misleading information concerning the Trulli overtake under the safety car incident, Trulli's 3rd place stands.

Lewis excluded from the [strike:1cl406t2]Malaysian[/strike:1cl406t2] Australian GP.

What a clusterf*ck!

EDIT: Sorry that was excluded from the Aussie GP not this weekends one in Malaysia!!!

As the subject, Lewis and Maclaren penalised for giving misleading information concerning the Trulli overtake under the safety car incident, Trulli's 3rd place stands.

Lewis excluded from the Malaysian GP.

What a clusterf*ck!

Excluded from the Aussie GP results apparently....

And here we go again, stewards deciding races days later!

Excluded from the Aussie GP results apparently....

And here we go again, stewards deciding races days later!

Yeah I've amended my first post!

It's on BBC News 24.

well i guess thats what happens when your team want you to let a car overtake you under the safty car

you get your points taken away

never mind lewis

I didn't see the race and can't quite grasp what happened. From what I have read Lewis passed trulli under a saftey, but trulli was off the track(??) Surely if he left the track you can pass under caution. Also he let him repass straight away so whats the problem?

As far as I can read through it, it's about Lewis/McLaren's evidence to the official's enquiry of the incident either omitted key facts or was not accurate, and so was judged un-sportsman like (dishonest). It was not actually about what happened out on the track. I guess its a bit like the "bringing the game into disrepute" charge in football.

It 4cking hilarious the stewards are penalising Hamilton and his team for unsportsman like conduct, WTF were the stewards playing at last year they are the unsport-like of-4cking-fenders!!!!!!! :censored: :epicfail:

It 4cking hilarious the stewards are penalising Hamilton and his team for unsportsman like conduct, WTF were the stewards playing at last year they are the unsport-like of-4cking-fenders!!!!!!! :censored: :epicfail:

"Calm down dear it's only F1!" :lol:

What I don't get is how Trulli was docked 25 seconds but Hamilton gets excluded.

McLaren are always getting the worse deal.

It's this kind of rubbish that stopped me watching the F1 half way through last season, if this is how it's going I'm losing interest with it all already. Thank god the BTCC starts soon for some no nonesense racing!

Lets hope they have a series link i always miss the BTCC races somehow, edge of the seat stuff. :luvlove:

^ Exactly, after a great first race and good British start to the season they have already managed to cause controversy and make it look even more like one of the most bias and corrupt sports we have.

Was looking forward to the next race this weekend but not so sure now!

It's Good V Evil the classic story as my 5 year old said to me "Any good story has a Goodie and a Badie in!" Bless!

Thank god the BTCC starts soon for some no nonesense racing!

PMSL.. no-nonesence? Always plenty of nonesence at BTCC, just out on the track! However The Plato/Neal incident end of 07 series was just stupendously bad! and who was surprised Neal got a VX seat afterwards...

Shame it's just Pauxhall on their own again though! :(

Bring Back the days of Super-tourers! :clap:

Thank god the BTCC starts soon for some no nonesense racing!

PMSL.. no-nonesence? Always plenty of nonesence at BTCC, just out on the track! However The Plato/Neal incident end of 07 series was just stupendously bad! and who was surprised Neal got a VX seat afterwards...

Shame it's just Pauxhall on their own again though! :(

Bring Back the days of Super-tourers! :clap:

Yes but you expect that in the BTCC, rubbin's racin! :clap: :grin:

It's Good V Evil the classic story as my 5 year old said to me "Any good story has a Goodie and a Badie in!" Bless!

[stabby remark]

ah bless.

He has good sense.

Must get it from your other half.

[/stabby remark]

Here we go from Martin Brundle from the BBC web site:

"Hamilton passed Trulli as he was off the road. Hamilton clearly wondered then, to give him the benefit of the doubt, if he had passed under the safety car conditions and was trying to let Trulli back through.

"There was a point when he was doing just 15mph in his McLaren and Trulli had no option but to repass him.

"I think Lewis then saw half a chance of a third place instead of a fourth, went up to the stewards and didn't give them the full story.

"Now they've matched up his comments (to them) to radio content between him and the team, and other information they've gathered, and they've decided that effectively he was telling fibs.

"I think it's a big issue and it's not going to go away. If they were asked a direct question they should have given the right answer, and they clearly didn't."

Lewis being a bit of an idiot as usual then. A hugely talented driver who did way above expectation at the weekend and delivered a stunning drive, so why can't he just let that do the talking and stay clear of all this nonsense?

A hugely talented driver who did way above expectation at the weekend and delivered a stunning drive, so why can't he just let that do the talking and stay clear of all this nonsense?

Ho Hum - he really doesn't have to be an arse just fecking drive his balls off!

:epicfail: the silly doughnut.

Everyone loved the steward's decision to move Hamilton into third place. Now the decision is against Lewis all of a sudden they are a bunch of morons who don't know what they are doing.

Mmmm... that's gonna go down well. *puts flame suit on and braces for impact* :lol: :lol: :lol:

Everyone loved the steward's decision to move Hamilton into third place. Now the decision is against Lewis all of a sudden they are a bunch of morons who don't know what they are doing.

Mmmm... that's gonna go down well. *puts flame suit on and braces for impact* :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah but that was before the truth was known, if Trulli had cheated a place then he deserved to lose his place, I still think it's a bit harsh to totally exclude Maclaren from the result but if they're not appealing against the decision then that says it all really!!

To be honest I wasn't aware he was moved into 3rd until todays news, but as the commentators said, it was all a confusion under safety car conditions maybe the stewards should watch the bbc coverage rather than wondering around the track like a bunch of morons, which they are. There first decision was wrong and now the second one is bad too if they did there job none of this nonsense would of happened.

I'm sure Hamilton didn't go up to the stewards and say I should be in 3rd.