Sign in to follow this  
gnarus

G60 output with bypassed supercharger

I have an opportunity to get a g60 for quite cheap. The only problem is the super charger is blown and I wont have enough money to replace it (will take 2x price of the car). Does anyone know the output of the g60 without its super?

Welcome to the forum...

Pretty awful I'm afraid - 80BHP if your lucky because of the low compression, basically it will be slower that a MK2 driver and will use loads of fuel too!

Yeah, i've had to endure a G60 without charger before and it's not much fun! It's OK in the short term but I wouldn't fancy it indefinitely!

I think it'll be less than 80hp Steve, My old 1.8 8v Jetta used to make about that at 10:1 compression, so a G60 at 8:1 may make 70hp, maybe less?

For some reason the figure of 90 bhp popped into my head, I don't know where this came from, prob something i read a few years back!

the old 1.8 8v PB lumps used to make 112bhp with digi2 injection, but then theres the low compression to factor in too so wouldve thought it was around 90-100bhp. The 90bhp 1.8 8v used single point motronic injection, and the G60 engine will have better EFi, freer exhaust, bigger valves and a better cam than those engines.

Apart from the compression though you have to remember that fueling in based on sensors that are set up for forced induction so will not run properly at all like this... a G60 without a G60 kind of defeats the point!

I have an opportunity to get a g60 for quite cheap. The only problem is the super charger is blown and I wont have enough money to replace it (will take 2x price of the car). Does anyone know the output of the g60 without its super?

Only do it if u willl have the money to get another charger soon afterwards.

Otherwise there is no point.It would be silly.