Sign in to follow this  
Mawrick

Are the KW's a "smooth ride" ? (V1, V2, V3)

I'm soon going to order new suspension parts for my VR6, and I'm looking for setup that's not too "harsh" but still firm, would either of the KW's V1, V2, V3 be an OK choice for such?.

Also tips on what I should choose of the ones would be appreciated, can't decide between V1, V2 and V3....;)

Depends on your budget and how much you're likely to tinker. Just got V1's on mine and they feel lovely. They are firm but then I'm used to an M sport ride from my last car!

If you just want to adjust the height, get V1's....if you're likely to do track days then spend more.

Check out the thread in the index too - pages and pages on the topic!

yea, was looking at that thread, must confess I haven't read it all, but quite a bit.....:)

So bottom line then is that I could well go for the V1 over V3 f.ex (I'm only be doing road driving).

thnx...:)

V3 is for serious race setting up, damping adjustment. If your looking for road use I would go for V1, no point spending an extra 300-600 on the V2's or 3's if your just going to be putting them on your car and adjusting the height.

KW's are the nuts, end of discussion. you won't find a better setup for the corrado without spending £2.5k plus!

i have a set of V3's for sale that are basically brand new (have done no more than 500 miles).

was after £750 - check out my for sale thread - viewtopic.php?f=13&t=79804&start=0

Sounds like a deal to me. The V1s feel like a factory upgrade to be honest - good bump absorption and good body control.

KW's are the nuts, end of discussion. you won't find a better setup for the corrado without spending £2.5k plus!

i have a set of V3's for sale that are basically brand new (have done no more than 500 miles).

was after £750 - check out my for sale thread - viewtopic.php?f=13&t=79804&start=0

bargain! i've been quoted almost £1100 for them new

V3 is for serious race setting up, damping adjustment. If your looking for road use I would go for V1, no point spending an extra 300-600 on the V2's or 3's if your just going to be putting them on your car and adjusting the height.

I disagree. The V3 allows much more control over the ride and handling, both of which have their place on road cars.

Track cars tend to have very stiff rear springs to counter understeer, KW give you a more road biased spring rate on the V3s, so they are far from a track only setup. Just more adjustable and imo, worth the premium over the 1s and 2s.

you cant get v3's for less than 1k nowadays because of the exchange rate

i know what you mean but if your not looking at tuning and setting up your suspension theres no point spending that extra money on them. not saying they are not road use, just saying perhaps not worth the extra money if your only looking to lower your car

i know what you mean but if your not looking at tuning and setting up your suspension theres no point spending that extra money on them. not saying they are not road use, just saying perhaps not worth the extra money if your only looking to lower your car

not wishing to insult you personally or shoot you down in flames here - but if all you want to do is lower your car then spend £150 on some lowering springs and have done with it! if all you're fussed about is how it looks then you're a total tart and you shouldn't be driving a corrado!

the v1's are good, but it leaves little to the imagination - all you can adjust is the ide height and that's it. with the v3's you can set them up to cater for your own personal driving style (regardless of whether they'll be used on road or track; this is going to be different for everyone).

you also have the added bonus of being able to tweek them should you decide to do a track day or something out of the ordinary.

there's no point in spending money on brakes/handling things like that unless you're going to reap the rewards from them.

(this is just a personal rant!) - but i can't stand these pr*cks who spend all their money on making the car look hideous and leave the running gear/engine/brakes all standard.

if you want to make people look at you then walk through town shouting at people - at least that won't cost you stupid amounts of cash!

sorry - but i feel very stongly about aftermarket wideboy bodykits, 19" exhausts etc etc

Most people want a decent set up straight out the box which is exactly what the V1s give. I’ve had adjustable coilovers on other cars and I’m sure I’m not alone in setting them up once based on someone else’s recommendations and then leaving them, ad infinitum! For me, the very clever men at KW are far better at judging optimal settings for a suspension system designed to enhance performance on the road. That’s not to say that there is value in the V3s for those who have the time and ability to accurately tune the feel of their car.

if your only doing road driving go for v1's or even weitec hicon gt's (same but painted weitecs as opposed to 'inox' stinless stylee kw's) you'll save youself £100 ish and they are v good imo for a straight out the box fit, adjust your heigh and forget type kit. I had these fitted with kw front and rear arbs powerflex bushes, 312's at the front and 280's out back and dispite only having 200bhp with the bmc and magnex (ish) it embarrassed so many newer faster quicker machines in the small amount of time before i took her apart again i'd recomend them!

I personally find my Weitec's too hard (they have 400lb springs on!) for daily driving, they are great for handling, corners flat but to me they are quite crashy.

Also I would now only buy 'cheaper' coilovers if I lived in a nice smooth area, my area is appauling and me and Kev discovered that both my front dampers are leaking! So not great really :shrug:

I'll be saving for sdome V3's ... along with the R32, upgrading drivetrain components, buying a house etc etc!!!

rob - i did a 90 mile commute every day in mine and found it ok, yeah they're hard but softer than my spax ones on the golf and the composure through the bends i thought was very good

they are cheaper because of the materials used, the stock parts appear to be identical in shape and design, looked at v1's and gt's seperately bu never side by side, imo £500 isnt a small amount of money to spend on new coilys, i spent out on cheap £300 ap ones for the passat cos i just wanted it lowered with a soft ride

o and v3's? clubsports ftw :lol:

Which are just V3s with stiffer springs and optional alloy top mounts.

Ftw, KW competition, or better still, AST 3 ways.

or better still, AST 3 ways.

Ahhhh suspension that costs the same as a complete VR6 Corrado gotta love it :grin:

Which are just V3s with stiffer springs and optional alloy top mounts.

Ftw, KW competition, or better still, AST 3 ways.

kev - what do kw competition off then? - i was goign to be ordering clubsports because of the negative camber issues you seem to get with the syncro conversions, i was hopign that might help to solve it if not i'll have to mod the trialing arms and use an eccentric washer on the pivot bolt - not ideal!

sorry thread hijack!

didnt think KW did clubsports for the C from looking at their brochure? or have they added them recently?

kev - what do kw competition off then? - i was goign to be ordering clubsports because of the negative camber issues you seem to get with the syncro conversions, i was hopign that might help to solve it if not i'll have to mod the trialing arms and use an eccentric washer on the pivot bolt - not ideal!

Competition is the mutts, you can have off the shelf or built to your own spec.... but I've just looked at the price of the 3 ways.....nearly £5200!! :shock:

Sorry, I wasn't aware you wanted the Clubsport for a specific reason. Do they include a solution for the camber issues with synchro conversions then?