Sign in to follow this  
VAG-hag

Sexy Bora

Gonna be the old fart and say I don't like it. It's nothing new - slammed to the floor with BBS splits and flared arches!

Nice camera work though :)

You know your car is awesome when it is in HD.

I love that car, I was thinking of getting a BMW but when I saw that I thought its a Bora next without a doubt.

Aye keeping my eye out for a Bora next... just a nicer look than a mk4 goof...

Jim, just slammed wheels and arches I bet they said that about Jay's/Sukh's ones too! :clap:

Ok - maybe they've done more to it (not that they bother to show it in the video) but I think my feelings still stand.

I don't think it helps that the Bora is a bit ugly - so no amount of bling can really help it.

I clicked on the link expecting to fall head over heels but I'm with Jim on this one. Even with flared arches and wheels it's just a bit bland imo. The Bora is one of the most generic looking cars VW has ever produced I reckon. And I know I'm hardly one to talk when it comes to lowering cars but that's just going way too far! :lol:

i like how it looks.... this vid has made me think that if I ever need a daily then ill be investing in the Boxy dub offering :clap:

It looks ridiculous if you ask me! How the hell they give MOT's to these cars is totally beyond me really.

I mean you just cant drive the damn thing anywhere for a start as its too low, meaning dangerous! weather it has air ride or not! and the wheels stick out too much and tyre stretch what is that all about? I'm sure tyre companys would void any kind of liability (insurance too) as they are not being used as they were correctly intended for!

Sorry to the guys who love this look but i really dont get it with all the safety issues going on!

Waits patiently to be shot! :2gunfire: :lol:

i like how it looks.... this vid has made me think that if I ever need a daily then ill be investing in the Boxy dub offering :clap:

Mk2 golf then. :lol: That's what we all bl**dy end up with. :lol:

I'm sold on old Merc's being daily drivers. Mine has been fecking fantastic.

There is an 230TE on Autotrader at the minute (W124 like mine) in metallic grey, with the 2.3 litre engine, full leather etc for £750.. I'm really tempted to upgrade! Even with the 2 litre engine, mine just wafts along whether it's at 30 or 80MPH and cabin noise barely changes. And you can fit ANYTHING in it. At work the other week I put a huge ass Sun server on a PALETTE in the boot and still had no problems fitting in 3 extra large IT guys to help me unload the server at the other end... It's awesome.

As the old saying goes "if you need a boot get a Benz". :lol:

I just made that up by the way.... Seriously though some Mercs do have great boot space.

The older Mercs go on and on and on as well, there is a reason why most taxi's you see in Europe are Mercs!

I had a few of them years ago and they were great cars! Unfortunately though the level of build quality isn't what it used to be with the newer ones :(

Love the video, presents the car really well. I think the styling is reasonably understated and very well executed. Not wild about the sills and i'm sure it would be a headache to drive daily but there's not a lot to dislike.

have to agree with Jim - i think the Bora is a very plain and ugly looking barge - i can't understand people's love for them. fair enough if you need a larger workhorse - but for a project car... there are so many cars to choose, why would you choose a Bora for goodness sakes...

Id love a MkII but was taking into consideration the comforts that would come with the newer boxy brother :D i see a few of them around and when done right they look great.... definately a less is more car - understated blah blah blah + V6 4Mos are ripe for tuning :clap:

Id love a MkII but was taking into consideration the comforts that would come with the newer boxy brother :D i see a few of them around and when done right they look great.... definately a less is more car - understated blah blah blah + V6 4Mos are ripe for tuning :clap:

Oh yeah, V6 4mos. I forget they did one of those. Must be like hen's teeth!

Another in the old fart camp. The car generally looks quite nice but the stretch on those tyres is just plain ridiculous.

It looks ridiculous if you ask me! How the hell they give MOT's to these cars is totally beyond me really.

I mean you just cant drive the damn thing anywhere for a start as its too low, meaning dangerous! weather it has air ride or not! and the wheels stick out too much and tyre stretch what is that all about? I'm sure tyre companys would void any kind of liability (insurance too) as they are not being used as they were correctly intended for!

Sorry to the guys who love this look but i really dont get it with all the safety issues going on!

Waits patiently to be shot! :2gunfire: :lol:

cheer up! :lol:

mot's - lol - its american! and yeah its to low - but yopu even quote its on air, you couldnt drive it that low but they wouldnt have to as you just press a button and raise it 2" 8) , imo it looks pretty cool parked up at that height and sure the rs's arent a new look but do look great on the car - but i think the rears are too wide

If that were over here i'm sure (like my car) every additional part of the vehicle is itemised and valued for the insurance company and they require photos to agree the value of the car - if they say its cool like that then i cant see the problem! - but its illegal to have the wheels protruding the arch so the old bill might ahve something to say :nono:

Love the video, presents the car really well. I think the styling is reasonably understated and very well executed. Not wild about the sills and i'm sure it would be a headache to drive daily but there's not a lot to dislike.

x2 Id swap my rado for it without thinking twice :shock:

mot's - lol - its american! and yeah its to low - but yopu even quote its on air, you couldnt drive it that low but they wouldnt have to as you just press a button and raise it 2" 8) , imo it looks pretty cool parked up at that height and sure the rs's arent a new look but do look great on the car - but i think the rears are too wide

If that were over here i'm sure (like my car) every additional part of the vehicle is itemised and valued for the insurance company and they require photos to agree the value of the car - if they say its cool like that then i cant see the problem! - but its illegal to have the wheels protruding the arch so the old bill might ahve something to say :nono:

I could be wrong but I thought the rule was that the tread of the tyre had to be within the arch... :?

I could be wrong but I thought the rule was that the tread of the tyre had to be within the arch... :?

Not in ALL US states... in fact in some US States, general roadworthyness seems not to be as big an issue as emissions!

As Kip said it has Air and will usually ride about 2" above where it is, so has the best of both worlds...

Car's been built as an OEM+ looker not a performance car... and on that job I think it's spot on (notice the non-factory chrome mouldings anyone?)

Those guys videos are amazing. Personally i dont really like the Bora either and its nothing new. Doesnt float my boat.