Sign in to follow this  
timg60

Scirocco R

Now it starts to become interesting.....to bad norwegian taxes will boost the price WAY to high, but maybe in a 10 years time...lol...:)

It should come with a VR sound CD though....lol...:)

Looks really decent to me :) As does that modified one!

I like! The Scirroco is really begining to grow on me now...

Likewise, I was very 'meh' when it was released but that R version looks really nice, in a few years once the initial depreciation has worn off I'd be seriously tempted to get one of those 8)

Very Nice!

I was always in 2 minds about the Scirroco but i think my mind has just been made up,

as i love love the look of that one.

25k i a bit pricey for my wallet though :( Maybe in a few years....

Thing is, £25k would get you a very decent 2nd hand Porsche.. and a 2nd hand Porsche is going to give way more smiles per gallon than a Scirocco? Surely?

As much as I like the Scirocco, I think 2nd hand values of performance cars like Boxsters will hurt cars like this!

Yes i do agree with you Jim, 25k can buy you alot in terms of second hand cars.

25K will easily get you a 911! forget about the Boxster :lol:

Thing is, £25k would get you a very decent 2nd hand Porsche.. and a 2nd hand Porsche is going to give way more smiles per gallon than a Scirocco? Surely?

As much as I like the Scirocco, I think 2nd hand values of performance cars like Boxsters will hurt cars like this!

Quite. Even other VW's. I would rather have a £15k Golf Edition 30 and a 500 pound remap for 300bhp

I really like the look of the new rocco now... (bam my bloody neighbor for buying one in white so i see it all the time!)

3 years time... i'll wait and see what ex-lease deals are to be had!... like the new R one though 8)

Damn thats nice. These have been growing on me with every one I see. This has notched it up a few levels. I want one... :)

I think at 25K it's cheap. It just shows how much prices have come down. My VR6 had a list price of just under 21K in 1992. The Scirroco looks the part to me.I'd have one in that luminous green.

Andy

Little videoclip of a nifty corso on the Nürburgring of real Roccos and Goofs to mark the launch of the R Iroc.

Shame it was so far away, otherwise I would have gone (invite was there). Quite a few of my German Rocco-mates were in that corso.

Tempest

Little videoclip of a nifty corso on the Nürburgring of real Roccos and Goofs to mark the launch of the R Iroc.

That film was taken from the point where I was a bit sleepy during our trip over, and thought I'd soiled myself. :lol:

That film was taken from the point where I was a bit sleepy during our trip over, and thought I'd soiled myself. :lol:

Ah, yes, this video will now always have that connotation :lol:

When I´m back at the Ring in August (10th Roccoforum anniversary party) I´ll put up sign at that point :lol:

Tempest

I agree that the near £25k it is a little pricey. However I am seriously looking into getting a Scirocco at the moment.

Whilst a 911 would be great and there are many more within this price range I couldnt insure one for £265 fully comp a year (I'm only 25) and the tax would be more than £175.

I might have to wait to see how much the new R is :norty: