8vMatt

My Rado,VR6 Mystic Blue. Going VEGE diet....

Just getting into the business of loom chopping. Think I was over eager and hacked a plug I need, Nath is coming over on thurs to double check. Good job I've bought a soldering iron now :bonk:. Only part way through doing the loom due to not getting much spare time to spend on it.

Check out the high levels of concentration :scratch:

IMG_1435.jpg

IMG_1434.jpg

love that last pic, i can just imagine you thinking to yourself "why did i start this" and was it the blue or red wire i cut first lol

Have a good look at the wiring coming from the newer vr, especially the main engine harness plug. I found that one of the wires on the back has a weak pin, the wire behind was doggy so swapped it out.

Once its all done and you fire her up, you are likely to give a rather loud cheer and a few swear words. All the best. You will be in good hands with Nath

Best of luck with it, it is very scary removing old wires. Was going to take more pictures when I did mine but as per usual I just cracked on and took none... doh. It is a great feeling firing it up for the first time knowing you did it!

Thanks for the support guys, it is a bit scary considering I've never even thought of doing anything like this before.

Its well worth the effort, I couldn't believe the difference it made! If you need any help give us a shout

New interior time guys :multi:

I've had the Audi S3 Recaro's in the car since before I bought it, all very nice and everything like that. But for me, I wanted to get back to how the car would've felt like from new. My intention was to find just the front seats to replace. When I found this full interior on ebay, I knew I had to get it. I had been told it was originally from a low mileage Storm, there's not too much to say that isn't the case. Again I wanted to change just the fronts, also checked the doorcards and found the new ones to be better than mine. My ones seem to have been made from a vinyl to look like leather where the new ones have the leather panels in them. Pleased with the change over. Once I changed those I thought I should change the rear seats just to have everything from the one car and plus it all matches perfectly then. Not a thing wrong with my old rear seats and they could be on their way to a new home very soon :thumbleft:.

A few pics and nothing new has been cleaned yet, just as I bought it. Cleaning will take place soon.

IMG_1475-1.jpg

IMG_1476-1.jpg

IMG_1477.jpg

Just a little bit jealous Matt! I'm still undecided whether to go all black OE, or buy a grey set and dye the whole lot red.

Decisions, decisions!

Just a little bit jealous Matt! I'm still undecided whether to go all black OE, or buy a grey set and dye the whole lot red.

Decisions, decisions!

You could've outbid me!

I'm just a little bit jealous of your power output there, so you're doing better than I am and look at all those toys you've got fitted. Come to think of it, I'm very jealous :notworthy:

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

Had the Lupo wipers delivered today, many thanks to Tim for those. Great condition also.

IMG_1488.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

Wow the car needs a big wash badly!

Nice seats, Matt 8) They make all the difference!

Edited by CazzaVR

Thanks for all the good feedback guys. I love the new interior, the seats are very comfy. The doorcards also are more in keeping with how I want the car to look, getting to an OEM+ look :cool:

Ello mate, hows things? Cars looking sweet as mate, haven't had time to get on the forum much later so took a bit of reading to catch up, u've been busy! good work and nice to see u gettin more and more hands on with things!

Hey Mart,

I'm good mate, hope you're well also. I am getting my hands dirty but really not knowing too much before trying!!! The car is coming along now but I've hardly driven it the last three months or so.

mmmm that interior is nice, very sorted motor indeed.

its come along way mattew my friend the force is strong in you lol dude i noticed you got some door cards in an early photo you still got the speakers think they are kenwoods??

ttfn

langers

Its been a quiet time for the old girl with not a lot going on. I have been corrupted a fair amount by Langers and Robrado for the cleaning and general tiding up of the car. Rob helped me with cleaning the engine bay. Removed the battery and washer bottle, cleaned the crud and rubbish out of there. A few cables needed to be wrapped, so we used the self-amalgating tape to sort that.

Had the rear and side tints removed at last. A much better look now for the car.

I went to the local SW Dubs big meet today and there was over 220 cars turn out for it. A very good day.

A rolling shot on the way there-

_MG_55131.jpg

IMG_1735.jpg

IMG_1736.jpg