Sign in to follow this  
shaung60

Stealth Corrado

No not that stealth. This one's been painted in the stuff used on the bombers. Makes it invisible to radar :)

Bought this Matt Black beauty off Fleabay from a chap down in Seaford. A '92 2.0 16V. Poor man was a Ford fan who bought it on a whim. My he couldn't wait to get shot of it :) Came with Tax & MOT and numerous problems. They were/are all fixable. Headlights on main beam all the time = new headlight switch. You get the idea. It was dumped, exhaust would scrape the ground, handled like a limpet, so stiff I lost a tooth filling. Early dash but late doors with the correct looms, late (well early) VR6 interior and a sunroof that works :clap:

I didn't have the heart to break it as I warmed to it on the drive home. Must have been the fact the fan only works on 4 and I'm always nervous that the things going to overheat before I get it back home so the heater was on all the way. Encouraged by the admiring glances from my neighbours I set about improving it. On with some new engine mounts before the exhaust snapped off at the downpipe. Off went the standard exhaust before a speed hump removed it. On with a Milltek cat back. Orange lights painted black, smoked instead of red rears, smoked indicators, the cheapest, nastiest leather interior I could find (yep it's bad), a rough set of Estorils and all the late switches replaced by early ones. To do - smoke the fogs and fix the remaining little niggles.

But why spend money on it? I really did warm to it. The fact that somebody had decided to spray it matt black for fun!? I drive to the station, park on the street and don't care if somebody scratches it. I just get the rattle can out and spray it again :D It's got rust and dents, smells like an ashtray and puts a smile on my face when I drive it. It was too far gone to restore and there are enough beauties out there anyway.

Now people who have seen it tell me it has some history, mainly from ED38? Car used to be a track tool? and was black and orange(?). Came covered in orange G-Werks stickers, surely not the best advert for Darren! Suppose I should go and ask him one day as I'd love to know it's history as it came with none :) So if anyone knows anything about it please let me know.

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfStealth Front.JPG[/attachment:2d5i0i8g]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfStealth Side.JPG[/attachment:2d5i0i8g]

Stealth Rear.JPG[/attachment:2d5i0i8g]

Very nice :D

Gotta love the matt black look 8) :clap:

Think it used to have orange cookie cutters/tele dials?

yeh i like the matt black look, there's a guy in the republic somewhere that has a matt green one - the same paint the british army use on tanks - looks pretty cool

what you gonna do with it then?

Looks good, like the idea of a matt paint finish just not on my car. Was really tempted to do this to my old golf. What about smoking all the front lights?

finally! brilliant looking car, made me seriously tempted to get the rattle cans out when i saw it when i picked some stuff up from you.

cause of the paint it really does look good for an abused daily.

And is that the project g60 behind it in the drive? when is that going to be unveiled?

also Shaun, hectic work winding down so i'll pm you about the trim when i know when i can come down, hopefully next week.

Looking good Shaun.

Got the dash in now and the tailgate is at the bodyshop having the wiper hole smoothed and dent sorted then respray time.

Will post pics soon.