Sign in to follow this  
big ben

what do you think about this r32 engine??

52k? not very high, my R32 parts came from a 2003 car with 50k on the clock, 10k a year seems reasonable, but the price is a little high.

Either way a full rebuild on the car + the r32 bits replacing whats needed still should be like a modern new(ish) car!

you can get the 2.8 block for about £500, with pretty much all of the ancillaries. I would have thought 900-1k for this?

For up to 2k you can get a mk5 engine with less than 10k mileage, seems the best option if available to you

I've literally just sold my audi 3.2 engine for £1500 with 30k on the clock. seems a tad high for 53k, the mileage isn't a problem against these engines but you have to compare it to the fact that for some reason people are binning them/getting them stolen/setting them on fire within the first 10k miles. There was about 5-6 r32 engines on ebay a while back with low mileage for less than that.

Ill have to post this in the definitive 24v thread but make sure when you are buying an r32 engine you get BOTH looms (ecu - engine, ecu - cabin) as they are next to impossible to get hold of!!!

I only paid £1500 for mine which is a MK5 and it's only done 6k miles 8) No gearbox though but everything else was with it. Think the price is a tad high on that. There are usually a few Mk5 ones kicking about on ebay for around that, some are much higher but they're having a laugh. You can actually buy the blocks pretty cheap new from VW now as they are getting shot because they are discontinued!

there seemed to be loads kicking about a while ago, now im looking seriously into it there arent any decent ones :shrug:

That £1750 one comes with the gearbox and transfer box aswell, which can command a little extra but agreed, it's over priced.

I don't think people are deliberately setting them on fire. They make for a useless ram raid car due to it's tiny boot and insurance companies are wise to faked thefts and arson these days. Stealth has Rob's MK5 loom in for disection and splicing work, and we thought the burned wires were due to an interior fire, but it was actually due to electrical shorting. Seems that is quite commmon on modern VWs.

A few people on the Polo GTI forum we use have had to have entire looms replaced under warranty due to HID lights coming on / off when they fancy, electric PAS working intermittantly, strange melting plastic smells etc etc.

Moral of the story - don't buy an overly complicated modern car. Stick to the old dinosaurs we know and love :clap:

has anyone noticed the corrado 2.0tfsi for sale on ebay at the moment? drool!!! i want that car!

Linky?!?

I wonder if it's the guy that was on here? Can't remember is user name but he started off with an EIP turbo conversion.... Jimmi or something? He did a TFSi conversion.

conversions, turbos and superchargers... i need one haha!! i just keep going round in circles on which one i want... :cuckoo: