big ben

Big Ben's VRT

Wow, am loving this thread right now. :shock:

Reading this was awesome use of work time. haha

:lol: thanks, try and take lots of pics when i do stuff, i like to see what people get up to :)

Nice you see you using the power to show up a few bits of exotica there guys, can't wait to get mine back on the road in the new year now!

not sure people that buy Bentley's are really interested in racing us middle classes! :lol:

and i havent raced many things, x1 2005 BMW M3, x2 Honda type R's, x2 Audi RS4's, Merc AMG and a saxo :lol: but like you say, people in them sort of cars are no fun anyway, cant wait to see you car on the road, will be a beast!!!

i know what you mean about getting to 140ish and it slowing down a bit, be nice to pull hard all the way to 160 wouldnt it

My gearbox has the lower G60 final drive in it. Great for midrange pull, not so great for top end!

Check this out - A MK3 VRT pulls 208mph at the Texas Mile. 700 and something whp, stock gearing as far as I can tell :shock:

bet that 911 was awesome, would like to of seen that little race!!

It was a 40mph rolling start and we were level pegging until 130 and then I was well and truly owned from there :lol:

It's a vastly better engineered and more powerful car :notworthy:

yes but its had lots more spent on it both in terms of capital investmemnt and R&D. Your corrado is a Haywire development on a personal budget. No comparison. I think its BLOODY impressive keeping up with it until 130, dont hink i'd have the guts to drive much faster anyway. I'd feel pretty pleased with myself if i managed that :wink:

So Ben, how did the VRT perform against the M3 and RS4?

God I wish Corrado VR6 came with a turbo slapped on standard!!!

So Ben, how did the VRT perform against the M3 and RS4?

God I wish Corrado VR6 came with a turbo slapped on standard!!!

nothing in it mate, will be cranking the boost up next year beacause cant have them sort of cars keeping up can we 8) :lol:

Mate , M3s and non turbo 911s are easy meat :lol:

check sound of this audi with VRT in it, 826whp :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUuhbFbBElA

They are if you happen to have a Gemini 6 speed gearbox :lol:

Don't get me wrong, VRTs and midrange punch, pretty much untouchable this side of an Aerial Atom, but it's the top end that lets mine down and the big cars tend to have very tall gearing to suit their high torque :D

Can't see the vid, blocked. Is it an A4? 034 Motorsport's Audi?

Mate , M3s and non turbo 911s are easy meat :lol:

check sound of this audi with VRT in it, 826whp :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUuhbFbBElA

They are if you happen to have a Gemini 6 speed gearbox :lol:

Don't get me wrong, VRTs and midrange punch, pretty much untouchable this side of an Aerial Atom, but it's the top end that lets mine down and the big cars tend to have very tall gearing to suit their high torque :D

Can't see the vid, blocked. Is it an A4? 034 Motorsport's Audi?

:lol: mate, you should got the Gemini kit :?

its the S4 VRT , Its a mental bit of kit

i think it must be running at least 300bhp, but who knows :shrug: see what the diagnositc says, maybe i will put it on another RR before i start having a little play... Marcus seemed to think it should be between 320 and 340 so if there is something a miss im sure it wont be lnog before its sorted!!

The surrey RR is known to give low numbers compared to other dynos so I would get another one done, or perhaps 2 more and take the average. Every dyno place claims to be the most accurate mate, but they all use correction software to 'fudge' the crank power figure. So take the numbers with a pinch. Just use it as a guide only. I wish the UK would just use wheel hp like the yanks do!

Just stumbled across this post (browsing VRT stuff ya'see)

I recently had my mk2 VR6 on a Dyno Dynamics RR down nr Cheltenham @ Ajec racing (Same set up as Surrey RR)

By chance bumping into Bill Badger5 this morning... Had the car on a Dyno Dynamics rolling road today at http://www.ajecracing.co.uk near Cheltenham.

Output = 205.2hp which I'm pleased with.

Everyone agreed it sounded nice too!

ajecvr6.jpg

ajec2.jpg

Previously in same spec @ Stealth put out 216bhp. Was 205 @ Ajec. So an 11hp discrepancy, not the end of the world but as Kev says above, the Dyno Dynamics dyno's do give lower figures than others.

My other half has an Edition 30 mk5 GTI and on JKM's DD rollers was cock on 227hp (230ps) With Revo stage 1 278hp 310lb/ft (Revo claim 300hp) I've done the old 'maf g/s log and divide by 0.8' to roughly calculate hp on the mk5 and it came out 282 :grin: So tend to think the DD rollers can't be far off 'the truth'

I know that Vince uses a different ambient temp correction on the turbo cars than NA as can remember running my old 16v years ago which suddenly had +10hp from nowhere! Once the correct ambient temp was added it was back to where it should be :lol:

love this car! im glad to see it went to another caring enthusiastic owner :)

remember the last time marcus took me out in it. its silly quick!!! it put such a big smile on my face lol. unbelievable braking too.

love this car! im glad to see it went to another caring enthusiastic owner :)

remember the last time marcus took me out in it. its silly quick!!! it put such a big smile on my face lol. unbelievable braking too.

thanks, it certainly puts a smile on my face!! :D

its actually sorn at the minute, one thing after another and the weather has kept me from spending any money on it. Im sure its going to get a LOT of money thrown at it this year :lol: looking forward to getting it mint

and picked up another corrado today actually, so will post some pics of my new daily soon... its hopefully going to knock the withdrawls i have been having for a few months until the VRT gets sorted out :nuts:

thanks, it certainly puts a smile on my face!! :D

its actually sorn at the minute, one thing after another and the weather has kept me from spending any money on it. Im sure its going to get a LOT of money thrown at it this year :lol: looking forward to getting it mint

and picked up another corrado today actually, so will post some pics of my new daily soon... its hopefully going to knock the withdrawls i have been having for a few months until the VRT gets sorted out :nuts:

Off the road.... my my. I haven't driven mine for months now, can't believe I have nearly owned it a year and probably only put 1500 miles on it.

New Years resolution "Must drive more". Brakes should be going on soon at last.

Off the road.... my my. I haven't driven mine for months now, can't believe I have nearly owned it a year and probably only put 1500 miles on it.

New Years resolution "Must drive more". Brakes should be going on soon at last.

i havent driven mine for 2 months at least, and probly done the same mileage as you :lol: i will tax again in march and finally give it to the boys at DG to sort out soon after, ready for a lot of summer driving 8)

and im 100% sure you will LOVE the new stopping power, its addictive :grin:

So where is some pics of your new daily then?

Unless I'm being blind 8)

all will be revealed soon, will take some pics this wkend!!

Here is the new daily then…

Dirty

1-3.jpg

2-2.jpg

Foaming

4-2.jpg

Before

6-2.jpg

After

7-1.jpg

Before

9-1.jpg

After

10-1.jpg

Before

11-1.jpg

After

12-1.jpg

21-1.jpg

22-1.jpg

Us messing about having a few beers

23-1.jpg

thanks guys, seems a good one to me... will clean up pretty nice!! now just got to save some money to sort the VRT out :lol:

yeah the colour will polish up nice,

and i want the chains doing and some bits under the bonnet asap. Will get Dave and Graham to sort it out for me :grin: the list is VERY big though so lots to do this year :lol:

Both car's looking really good mate. Should pop over and meet up with you at some point as I'm only down the road!

Impressed with the washing skills in this chilly weather as well... :wink: