Sign in to follow this  
spuduk_99

The new corrado

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that the seat leon is (in spirit at least) the new corrado. I know it has 5 doors rather than three, but it's a quick (or very fast if you have driven a cupra!), handles well, front wheel drive and is very good looking in a similar way to the corrado (isn't a 'pretty' car, is good looking because of it's aggressive, masculin looks). The overall shape is also very similar.

let me know what you think

:robot:

I've thought the same before. The only thing that lets it down is the inherent Golf mk4 chassis underpinnings, otherwise it could be everything the Corrado was..

:D I thought the same thing when I saw that advert with it emerging from the garage!

I quite like it (obviuosly)! 8)

'62 Bug '94 VR6

yeah they are understated, like the corrado. i know they are on mk4 golf underpinnings, but doesn't the corrado use mk2 golf underpinnings?

Think they're superb! A possible future car for me too. Would love a drive in one (have only driven a TDI).

I've just managed to persuade my parents to buy one and get rid of their Hyundi Coupe... 8)

I really am impressed with the build, looks, and attention to detail that's been put into it. It's a 110 TDi, but it doesn't half go! 8)

Dunno if I'd go as far as a comparison with a C, but I can definately see where you're coming from with it... :)

Yeah.. a huge fan of the Leon Cupra ® here as well. Awesome agressive look at the front.. not quite right to be a total successor to the Corrado, but damn close.. :)

totally agree 8)

my hubby has a leon :wink: and vince at stealth said today if our leon had three doors it would be the new corrado lol :)

yeah they are understated, like the corrado. i know they are on mk4 golf underpinnings, but doesn't the corrado use mk2 golf underpinnings?

At the front, and some passat underpinnings at the back !!! But the point is that the Golf, in whichever Mk1/2/3/4/Seat/Skoda/Audi guise, is designed as a jack of all trades car - shopping trolley/family runabout etc. and so there's some compromises made when trying to turn it into its sporting variants R32/Cupra R etc The Corrado was designed from the start to be a sports coupe :-) :-)

also the VR's have the plus suspension of the "performance" Mk3 Golfs..........as Hammond from TG said........."it was a bit of a mongrel" :wink:

can "just" see what ppl are meaning with the Leon..........but lets face it the way VW are trying to move up a rung in the prestige sales market.......and IIRC they are making no secret of the fact SEAT will be the Sporty-side of their Group the Corrado replacement will more than likely be wearing a SEAT badge :roll:

I dunno Roddy.

I just don't think VW know what they are trying to do with the various cars from the VAG stable. It does all make sense in theory, but then they go and screw things like that up by releasing cars like the Golf R32, and the Skoda Octavia RS (which I also REALLY like). It seems very random to me, and it doesn't seem like they have a designated style for each part of the company.

If anything I think the next Corrado should be badged up as an Audi.. :)

Yeah have to agree with that i like them alot ! often thought about buying one but i would'nt sell my corrado for one :wink: But i'd sell my mk4 golf for one :) Yeah henny 110 TDI is quick thats what my golf is getting it chipped soon to around 140 loads of lovely torque :D

I think vw would do well to bring out a proper successor. If it where priced on the right side of £20k, it would be a much better buy than it's competitors (e.g ford cougar, vauxhall astra coupe, hyundai coupe) not much competiotion then!

on the Cupra R there is an option for full recaros which include the rear seats and the car then becomes a 4 seater just like the C

on the Cupra R there is an option for full recaros which include the rear seats and the car then becomes a 4 seater just like the C

My mate has the Recaros in his Cupra R but they're not 2 seats at the back, just matched cloth. Corrado style seats were not an option as far as we could tell when we orderd the car.

K

My mate has the Recaros in his Cupra R but they're not 2 seats at the back, just matched cloth. Corrado style seats were not an option as far as we could tell when we orderd the car.

K

mind tho kev.....Nige is in sunnier climes so could well be a spanish market option :wink: .......seem to recall something in maybe an old SEAT concept car like that tho :wink:

There is the standard one here which has normal VAG/corrado seats

a version with just the driver seat that is a Recaro, and its a strange looking setup , the passenger seat is like normal VAG seats, but all the Trims are OEM

and the full recaro pack, dont forget Spain is the Seat Home land.