Sign in to follow this  
Corrado_Addict

F**king Nightmare...continues :(

It could just need an oil pump tbh... I wouldn't drive it though until you know what's wrong or you could do some serious damage!

Rebuild engines should include a new VAG pump but I reckon most places will just check and re-use the original or use a GSF one which is usually worse than using the old one!

Oil hasn't been changed yet bud, its really really clean as well, like it has just recently been done.....

Hmmm either way it sounds like it could be a bit of an expensive job :(

Nah I changed the big end shells when the conrod bolt went on mine(sounds exactly the same )

Cheap enough even from Awesome change from £30. :shock:

Took a morning under the car and that was taking my time :)

That makes me feel a bit better then lol

I won't drive it until taking it to the garage on saturday or try and borrow my neighbours trailer would be ideal.

Was going to take it out tonight for a photoshoot with Dr Forinor's storm but thats not going to happen now, was looking forward to it as well but don't want to take any chances with it now,

still no reply back from BBT either.....funny that :lol:

Sorry to hear about your nightmare, Corrado_ Addict.

You will know now, but for anyone else, I have found that being a member of a car recovery organisation in nearly 40 years of motoring is worth it.

You have to be philosophical about it and not grimace too much when paying out each year.

I always kept our cars well maintained and when annual payment time came, I sometimes felt I was subsidising motorists who were lax about that.

Anyway, with a suddenly failing cylinder head gasket, we once had to use AA Relay to get home from the Isle of Arran to near Edinburgh! With two young kids as well, the system worked like a dream - the AA truck waiting at the pier on the mainland for us when we arrived. One of the other times we had an old Mk2 GTi which failed to start when my wife was shopping miles away. She was glad of being a member then, too. Currently we are with Brittania as it comes with a quid or twos discount for members of the civil service motoring association.

I feel it was always a good investment even though we only have had 2nd hand cars in the last 12 years, or so.

My wife has had more use of our RAC membership than me in the last 9 years and all the cars she's had were newer than my 19 year old C 8) , especially the '00/'01 Corsa :pukeright: she has right now. I have needed two tows though, one off the motorway (left the oil cap on the rocker cover, D'oh!) and one to Stealth from Oxford after losing 5th gear!! Piece of mind is a great thing to have, especially for my wife while I was abroad with the RAF on Ops and Dets 8)

Haha yea its definately something thats invaluable to have because should something go wrong then you do have that cover,

Still annoyed about it and I'm still owe my mum 800 quid :lol:

Found out what hte problem is,

Oil pressure switch was leaking quite badly, noticed a nasty little puddle of oil when dropping it off at the garage, so that was causing the light to come on and the rattling from the engine was the shortage of oil, even after topping it up it was still pushing oil out under acceleration so its something simple thankfully :)

Itching to drive it :lol:

Hehe thanks guys, had a proper run in it today.

Went up to Pitlochry with Dr Forinor, was an absolutely stunning day, sun was shining, nice road, just cruising along chilling out enjoying being behind the wheel of a corrado and to just top off that perfect moment a corrado was coming the other way and flashed, got a wave so naturally flashed back and returned the wave. Thats the 1st ever time I've had that happen to me and it was just such an awesome moment.

Wouldn't have been anyone on here by any chance?

Done a photoshoot earlier on tonight with Dr Forinor, he claims he's rusty but actually got some fantastic shots of the car. Can't wait to see how they look on the comp, will post them once I have them! :D

Corrado in "happy ending with no big bill or endless problem" shocker!

Seriously, great news, chuffed for you. Enjoy the ride!

Yea I was happy about that, didn't have to pay out a load of dosh lol

Although I found out today the rear floor will require welding for its MOT as its rotten, NOT mentioned by the seller

the heater motor blows pitiful air and only works on 2 speeds, not good when it comes to demisting on a cold morning......

And you don't get any heat out of the heater what so ever, also failed to mention that in the for sale ad aaaand the icing on the cake I can't get a gear in the damn thing now, the clutch pedal goes to the floor, try to engage a gear and nothing happens, it just crunches like hell.

So you pay a bit extra thinking your getting your moneys worth when in actual fact there is more majorly wrong with it than my red one....... :(

Well it has its niggles and I really do not have the passion for this car and in all honesty I do hate it, the grill fell off tonight on the way home so I have decided I'm going to give it a full service, put it through its mot, get the rear floor welded, get a new grill and then sell it on, also going to put the red one up for sale during the week.

I'm not turning away from corrado ownership though, going to look for another one once the green one is sold :)

But as much as the car is mint bodywork wise and of course low mileage wise I really do hate the car after all the hassle it has caused me so I'm going to let it go :(

Shame, but sometimes it works out like that, you really need to be VERY careful when buying Corrados nowadays, even more so when they're heavily modified :(