Sign in to follow this  
biggerbigben

Biggerbigben - mates 'Project Lambo Killer' .. update Oct 09

Ok so I don't have any project of my own at the moment but my modding appetite is being kept occupied with bulding an R32 Storm for one mate and helping another with this an R32 (Mk4) turbo.. but not an off the shelf crappy kit.. this is the proper deal!

Anyway I couldn't resist posting a couple of teaser pics.. (with his permission more will follow..!)

Enjoy!

Ben

Is that all you're going to show us?! You are a tease! :lol:

I'm afraid so.. tomorrow we are building the exhaust manifold, downpipe and finishing the boost pipes. I might be able to post a couple more pics up tomorrow ;-)

B

Is that all you're going to show us?! You are a tease! :lol:

I'm afraid so.. tomorrow we are building the exhaust manifold, downpipe and finishing the boost pipes. I might be able to post a couple more pics up tomorrow ;-)

B

Yes, we need more pics!

I have to work tomorrow. :( All I want to do is my car.

How much power are u expecting?

Judging by the size of the turbo I'm guessing 600+ maybe more!! :shock:

Looks awesome though, good skills! 8)

Is that a 3" -> 4" downpipe? Like your style!

Yes.. it will be a 4" exhaust all the way through. Going to modify the rear Milltek silenser to be 4" so we can keep the OEM tailpipes.

B

Small update.. Exhaust manifold finiahed (tacked), wastegate fitted and 4" downpipe almost there.. will see if I can get hold of a pic under the car so you can see the tightness of the downpipe ;-)

Pics -

Hope all is well, Ben.

This is going to be an absolute monster! :D I can't wait to see this some time on the future! :salute:

Hope all is well, Ben.

This is going to be an absolute monster! :D I can't wait to see this some time on the future! :salute:

Hi matey.. how goes it and hows the corrado!?! Saw it a little while ago at the phirm and Tim's work looked very impressive!

Yeah Guy's R32T will be so much fun!

All the best..

Ben

Ben do you mind if i ask what inlet and cams are being used for this? Also are those alloy pullies driveside?

Ben do you mind if i ask what inlet and cams are being used for this? Also are those alloy pullies driveside?

Inlet is a cast ali HPA/HGP copy, cams are standard oem for driveability. The owner wants a seriously powerful but very drivable car. So cams are left alone and the turbo has been matched to ensure good bhp but minimal lag. It looks big but its actually quite small for this engine.

Hope that helps..

Ben

Inlet is a cast ali HPA/HGP copy, cams are standard oem for driveability. The owner wants a seriously powerful but very drivable car. So cams are left alone and the turbo has been matched to ensure good bhp but minimal lag. It looks big but its actually quite small for this engine.

Hope that helps..

Ben

Glad to hear he's going for driveability and can have big power aswell. Give him my regards when you next speak to him. Would be good to meet up with you chaps again sometime. I'm moving house over your / GH's way very soon. :wink:

Charlie

Small update.

Unfortunatly for Guy I've recently purchased a house so haven't managed to get over to his to finish the fabrication. Also its far too cold to be messing around with cars. We are both fair weather mechanics ;-) Anyway we have decided to reduce the size of the lower half of the downpipe and use a 3" exhaust system. After doing some maths it became apparent that for the target horsepower a 4" exhaust wasn't needed. Anyway apart from that we have done nothing.

Things to do are sort the fueling system out

Finish fabrication (almost there!)

Wire the car up

.. then start the car!

Worthersee 2010 here we come.. hopefully a decent update soon!

Ben