Sign in to follow this  
Yandards

Forza 3 Discussion Thread

Indeed, Forza 4 will be out by the time GT5 comes out! :mad2:

GT5 better be something special (the prologue seems good), infact it better be another level compared to Forza 3 (or 4 :lol: ) by the time it comes out... got to justify the time being taken to develop it.

it is a bit stupid... my mate has the prologue and a £600 racing chair that goes with it...! :cuckoo:

i personally was not too impressed with the prologue... but thats me... the racing chair was the nuts tho!!! i want one!!

£600 for a chair though :gag: What does the chair do then?

It's a proper recaro racing chair with speakers built in... racing peddals... a gear stick that changes depending on what ur using (auto, semi auto, sequential or manual with clutch) which is quite cool... some crazy force feedback from the steering wheel... you can change the stiffness of the peddals too... it does feel quite realistic i must admit... :nuts:

thing is tho, the missus moved out shortly after the chair moved in... :lol:

£600 for a chair though :gag: What does the chair do then?

It's a proper recaro racing chair with speakers built in... racing peddals... a gear stick that changes depending on what ur using (auto, semi auto, sequential or manual with clutch) which is quite cool... some crazy force feedback from the steering wheel... you can change the stiffness of the peddals too... it does feel quite realistic i must admit... :nuts:

thing is tho, the missus moved out shortly after the chair moved in... :lol:[/quote:3a41ffoz]

Ah sorry thought you meant just a gaming chair. Didnt realise you meant with a steering wheel, pedals and gear stick. I'd love one of them, no where to put one though.

thing is tho, the missus moved out shortly after the chair moved in... :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah, its ok to watch x-factor and gossip girl and eastenders, but woe betide the man who wants to play computer games. :D

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I've never really been a huge gamer,

Thought I'd pop into town on my lunch today and Game are doing an Xbox elite?, Forza3 and Call of Duty 2 for £199..... is that good? :shrug:

Thought I'd pop into town on my lunch today and Game are doing an Xbox elite?, Forza3 and Call of Duty 2 for £199..... is that good? :shrug:

Yes thats good. I payed £250 for my standard xbox 2 years ago with gears of war and some crappy game defo worth doing

yeah thats the one my supervisor baught... it's a steal!

Indeed, Forza 4 will be out by the time GT5 comes out! :mad2:

GT5 is a bloody waste of time. I used to be a complete Playstation fan and when I saw the PS3 in action three year ago GT5 was supposed to be an imminent release then. So I waited and waited and waited for the title to come out and finally got bored and bought an xBox two years ago. They were making promises about GT5 being only months away even then

And that way two years ago. Frankly FM3 has raced up behind Gran Turismo and overtaken it. The dynamics in FM3 are tremendous, has loads of cars, tracks and enough challenges to keep you going for ages.

Sony missed a huge opportunity with the PS3 & GT5. There is no way I would buy a PS3 & GT5 now. Pointless.

HEY HEY! How dare you call Sony liars, when they said months away they were telling the truth.... 36 months. :lol:

Well i've always been a fan of the GT series and i'll still have my PS when/if it does get released, so i'll pick it up whenever it does come out. Na bother if it doesnt cos there's other great titles to play. :D

bought forza yesterday, what a f***ing brilliant game :D , i couldnt stop playing, so god dam tired today though lol :sleeping: ,

but does anyone else think the corrado looks a bit narrow?.

HEY HEY! How dare you call Sony liars, when they said months away they were telling the truth.... 36 months. :lol:

Well i've always been a fan of the GT series and i'll still have my PS when/if it does get released, so i'll pick it up whenever it does come out. Na bother if it doesnt cos there's other great titles to play. :D

Depends what you want really, if you are only buying a console to play racing games with an view to playing either a Forza or GT style game (and some people do) then the PS3 release title that is GT5 is a little late. On a random note GT5 is now the second most expensive game in history in terms of production coming in at $60 million, the most expensive was GTIV at $100 million. When you consider GTIV was in development for less time and is a cross platform game the odds on Sony recouping that $60 million from GT5 alone are slim, although they do/should now have an engine in place for GT 6.

So what's better, Xbox 360 or PS3? What should I spend my money on? :?

:lol:

Depends what you want really, if you are only buying a console to play racing games with an view to playing either a Forza or GT style game (and some people do) then the PS3 release title that is GT5 is a little late. On a random note GT5 is now the second most expensive game in history in terms of production coming in at $60 million, the most expensive was GTIV at $100 million. When you consider GTIV was in development for less time and is a cross platform game the odds on Sony recouping that $60 million from GT5 alone are slim, although they do/should now have an engine in place for GT 6.

Too true. To be honest, to begin with, i wanted a PS3 purely to play GT5 - ive always been a PC gamer. But seeing other releases that also looked good, i started to play other titles and have actually become less enthusiasist towards the release of GT5, it could even turn into an anti climax, they've dragged it on that long :shrug: but doesnt bother me because im enjoying playing other titles.

Xbox if you want a comfy controller and want to drive a Corrado.

PS3 if you want claw hands, free online gaming and be able to watch Blu-ray for nothing extra.

Xbox is significantly cheaper tho.

orrrrr

go out and buy a 360

(dunno if its still on but someone will be doing something similar soon i rekon)

carphone warehouse were doing free ps3 with a new contract and thats how i got mine haha :D

Think it'll be a 360 for me as all my friends/brother seem to be Xbox'ers.

On a slightly off topic note, how long do people think the Xbox 360 has got left before they bring out a new one? I've followed the time line but hasn't it been out for a while? :?

On a slightly off topic note, how long do people think the Xbox 360 has got left before they bring out a new one? I've followed the time line but hasn't it been out for a while? :?

I was thinking the same thing the other day, how long has the latest Xbox got before another system comes out :scratch: Can be much longer.

I was thinking the same thing the other day, how long has the latest Xbox got before another system comes out :scratch: Can be much longer.[/quote:2utx858o]

A while at least.

They are releasing a new controller system around November next year, it's going to be around £50 for the controller unit, it basically allows you to control the console using your body and voice along with facial recognition. All the big game developers are going to be launching a title with the hardware launch, the target is for 15 games at release so it should be something for everyone. There are some tech demo videos online, general overview video is

and a demo showing interaction with a character (more interesting than is sounds) is
. Obviously all of this is staged to a degree but it gives you an idea of what might be possible.

Sony are bringing out a 'wand' but it needs the existing sony camera thingy to work and will only be able to track the wand, the othe problem is that it looks a little too phalic (see picture) and appears to just be a glorified Wii controller. Wiki article on Sony controller here.

Ha that looks like something women buy in a sex shop :norty:

Bought Forza 3 last night and all I can say is awesome game!

Only got to bed this morning at 3am :lol:

Ha that looks like something women buy in a sex shop :norty:

Bought Forza 3 last night and all I can say is awesome game!

Only got to bed this morning at 3am :lol:

say 'bye bye' to sleep and a social life! :wave: