Sign in to follow this  
Yandards

Forza 3 Discussion Thread

How do you guys put number plates on the cars?!

by stretching and moving decal shapes... I have a template that I made if you want me to make you one?

by stretching and moving decal shapes... I have a template that I made if you want me to make you one?

Ya, that would be awesome dude. I think a numberplate would really finish off my cars properly.#

Hang on...wasn't it you that rear-ended my lovely blue Clio V6? I was doing really well until that moment!! :lol:

Ya, that would be awesome dude. I think a numberplate would really finish off my cars properly.#

Hang on...wasn't it you that rear-ended my lovely blue Clio V6? I was doing really well until that moment!! :lol:

lol you brake waaaaaay too early!!!

you did get me back big style in the veyrons tho! :tongue:

Msg me your reg no. in xbox live and i'll sort u out a number plate... will have to send it to you in the storefront somehow...

Roger that, will do mate as soon as I get back online. Not sure how I'd download it on the storefront?! Is that in the same place where you can buy the cars other peeps have created?

Sorry about the collision in the Veryon, I wasn't even paying attention! The brakes on that car are shocking!

Roger that, will do mate as soon as I get back online. Not sure how I'd download it on the storefront?! Is that in the same place where you can buy the cars other peeps have created?

Sorry about the collision in the Veryon, I wasn't even paying attention! The brakes on that car are shocking!

i'll have a poke around to see if there is a way of sending it to you...

yeah they have shoddy brakes for the fastest car in the world! still kust managed to get passed :norty:

how far into it are you to start getting drifting races..i avent had one yet :/ lol im not very far tho!

i don't think there is any drift racing... i did that on time trial mode...

i think you can send things like designs as a gift via the storefront, not tried but saw an option for it

how far into it are you to start getting drifting races..i avent had one yet :/ lol im not very far tho!

i don't think there is any drift racing... i did that on time trial mode...

There are no drift races as such. If you press left d-pad while racing it will bring up your drift score for the race.

there's drifting achievements to complete and i've raced people online in a drift race, but not seen them in the game yet

My god the FXX is a beast! So much better than a Veyron. :notworthy:

oh i do love that car! do the in car view for that! it's got an LCD rear veiw camera display! :shock:

My god the FXX is a beast! So much better than a Veyron. :notworthy:

oh i do love that car! do the in car view for that! it's got an LCD rear veiw camera display! :shock:[/quote:2obuht4g]

Agreed, arguably the best car on there. Manual box with all assists off is great fun. :clap:

The Veyron was a bit of a let down i thought! :sleeping:

Cheers for the couple of races fellas. Not sure who it was, apart from Mattski76 and a few others.

I was unable to chat as one of my bloody kittens mistook my XBox headset firstly for a toy, then secondly for food... :nono: Not cool. Anyway, I've ordered a new one and it got posted today - have read that they're a little fragile, but hopefully it'll last until I can be bothered to spend 50Euros on a wireless one.

Apologies for rollin' deep in my 500+ Corrado VR6, I think I over modded it as its barely driveable and cost me thousands of credits. I've not been playing long so I don't have a huge array of vehicles.

Anyway, I'm sure we'll race again soon - maybe next time we could turn up the damage so its not just cosmetic and maybe increase the 'end race' timer as some of us are still learning and 30secs just doesn't cut it...plus I don't get any credits if I get 'DNF' :D

Give me a shout next time peeps wanna race :salute:

Ok, now this is more like it. To my surprise there are almost 250 BMW M5 designs with a 'Police' theme. Some are bad...some are ok and some are very good indeed. There are even some fanboys who've created a Diplomatic Protection Group car design! Bit random... :dorky:

I was tempted to download a GCP (aka 'Polizei') car, however my region seems to be one of the few left rollin' in green, whereas the rest of German has gone a bit US-tastic with their uniforms and kit and equipment (i.e. cars) are gone NYPD blue wannabe blue :camp: I wonder if I could get someone to create me my Police car?

Anyway, back to the game...I've now got a 500-rated Met Police car (see below), so who wants a race now :D

cop1.jpg

cop2.jpg

cop3.jpg

Typical of the mofo to attempt to 'airbag' me...

cop4.jpg

PIT maneuver bitch!

Cheers for the couple of races fellas. Not sure who it was, apart from Mattski76 and a few others.

I was unable to chat as one of my bloody kittens mistook my XBox headset firstly for a toy, then secondly for food... :nono: Not cool.

We had a laugh at that when you messaged me to explain your silence. It was the most random thing I heard all day! :lol:

Is the Veyron faster than an R1 Racecar ?

Now I've finally conquered level 50 (but not yet figured out why my router firewall won't allow my new wireless-equipped xBox to connect to it) I thought it would be an interesting diversion to see if the Veyron can lay indeed claim to being the fastest car in FM3. The question lurking in my mind was if there was a circuit (other than the obvious oval) where the Veyron's prodigious top end speed could pull out enough of an advantage to keep it ahead one of the top race cars.

The only circuit I could think of was... Le Mans. The 'old Mulsanne' circuit contains not only the legendary 4½ mile straight, but also the 2 mile run down to Indianapolis corner. Maybe the Bug would have a chance after all.

The Bugatti was tuned and steamlined for the event. Upgraded turbos with 1250bhp, sticky tyres and aero removed produced an impressive 261mph terminal speed down Mulsanne and 245mph before braking at Indianopolis. The acceleration also at least as good as any of the racecars, and better beyond 150mph. Put in 5 laps, struggling to keep the car reasonably neat and not lose time through the twistys and posted a decent enough 3:15.252 - a fair baseline to start the comparison.

For comparison I passed over my favoured Audi R15 and selected the Peugeot 908HDi for the run, as this car is capable of being modified that bit more to run in 'x' class. Unsurprisingly the Peugeot although blessed with incredible cornering and braking capabilities was handicapped down the long straights by only being able to pull 220mph on the Mulsanne, handing the Bugatti something like an 11s advantage down that section alone.

But the Peugeot was easier to drive and with the ability to take the Porsche Curves almost flat in 5th where the Bugatti was slithering around in third. On only the second lap in the 908HDi I posted a comfortable 3:08.461, proving that no matter how quick you may think a Veyron is (even in a game) a racecar is almost always going to be on a level above.

Le Mans Mulsanne Circuit:

Bugatti Veyron : 3:15.252s (261mph vmax)

Peugeot 908HDi : 3:08.461 (220 mph vmax)

Well finally finshed year 6, some 1000 miles covered during year 6 so its a long one!

Despite that I have only completed some 28.1% of the game, you need to complete every event to get the 'All Gold' acheivement so there is some serious racing to be done yet, in total I have spent 36 and a half hours driving to get to this point although some of that has been online CF racing.