Sign in to follow this  
foggy

is my C a Storm??!

You should be no more excited about having a Storm than you should be about having a mk5 Golf Match. It's just a badge they stick on to shift the last few cars.

5vyo7b.jpg

We all know that the only "real" corrado is the 16v after all. :luvlove:

You should be no more excited about having a Storm than you should be about having a mk5 Golf Match. It's just a badge they stick on to shift the last few cars.

5vyo7b.jpg

Slightly overkeen with the smiley there.... Or is it simply a REALLY BIG statement?

It's not as amusing as I'd hoped and it makes my eyes hurt. Oh well, can't win em all. :lol:

5vyo7b.jpg

Yeah, 16v G60. :notworthy:

Why couldn't it have made production? Why oh why oh why oh why?! :(

Hi Foggy,

Glad to see you got your hands on a nice VR6. as the guys said not storm..... but in my opinion there are better corrados you can get that arent storms. For example storms didnt come with recaro leather!

Also there are much rarer Corrados. There is a great post on here about a very exclusive 16vg60 corrado

Hi Foggy,

Glad to see you got your hands on a nice VR6. as the guys said not storm..... but in my opinion there are better corrados you can get that arent storms. For example storms didnt come with recaro leather!

Also there are much rarer Corrados. There is a great post on here about a very exclusive 16vg60 corrado

Yes, and if VW had gone for the 16VG60 instead of the VR nobody could say it was nose heavy and we'd still have five stars in Evo magazine. :bad-words:

Hi Foggy,

Yes, and if VW had gone for the 16VG60 instead of the VR nobody could say it was nose heavy and we'd still have five stars in Evo magazine. :bad-words:

maybe....but then we wouldnt get to listen to the glorious sound of the VR!!!!

ive said it once & i will say it again.....bring on the grins as the VR sings!!! :luvlove:

cheers for all the help fellas..

and to be quite honest, i couldnt give two shakes of a monkeys balls that its not a Storm.. its all the same growl to me!

one more question while im here, i seem to have an intimitent fault with my electric windows/mirrors.. sometimes working, usually not. Apparently this is common where an aftermarket alarm ha sbeen fitted and wired in wrong, causing overheating of the window motor or a regulator somewhere??! also sunroof only tilts, if this is related at all? could be way off the mark all together so correct me if wrong..

any suggestions on a fix? parts etc..

cheers

its classic green i think... with cream leather!

i saw a storm for sale and the colour and interior was spot on the same. however it has the speedlines and no Storm badges! but these could have been changed/removed?

sorry guys, this is my first C.. glad you got a cheap laugh from my lack of knowledge, anoraks!

heres another question im sure the geeks will have a dig at.. were all corrado VR's a 2.9 as apposed to the golf's 2.8?

it does help to give lots of info.....if only to avoid the funnies lol

dragon green & cream leather match the storm but without badges [1 on rear & 1 by the gear stick trim] & if the speedlines were original then i doubt it is, storms came with the solitudes i think

UK spec rado VR6's were 2.9 ABV but the US used the 2.8 AAA lump....i believe :)

even if it aint a storm why worry :clap: there is no technical specification difference.....just badges really

incoming on the ever lasting storm debate ha ha ha

Classic Green

:wave:

Give the man a biscuit for he is correct! 8)

EF - proud member of the "yes its a 16v" possee

Give the man a biscuit for he is correct! 8)

EF - proud member of the "yes its a 16v" possee

Hell yeah, beat those nose heavy boys through every twisty and roundabout! :salute:

also sunroof only tilts, if this is related at all?

no sorry to say it just means the motor or the cables are buggered :(

hope thats helps a bit :D

i saw a storm for sale and the colour and interior was spot on the same. however it has the speedlines and no Storm badges! but these could have been changed/removed?

Maybe but there were about 8 right hand drive C's made with Speedlines in this colour/interior combination while the Storms passed down the line as part of the last UK orders. At least two have been rebadged as Storms with Solitudes.

Hell yeah, beat those nose heavy boys through every twisty and roundabout! :salute:

You been racing the wrong VR's !!! :lol: :lol:

Don't you have to be within touching distance (or even within sight) to beat them through the twisty bits?

sorry guys, this is my first C.. glad you got a cheap laugh from my lack of knowledge, anoraks!

heres another question im sure the geeks will have a dig at.. were all corrado VR's a 2.9 as apposed to the golf's 2.8?

it does help to give lots of info.....if only to avoid the funnies lol

dragon green & cream leather match the storm but without badges [1 on rear & 1 by the gear stick trim] & if the speedlines were original then i doubt it is, storms came with the solitudes i think

UK spec rado VR6's were 2.9 ABV but the US used the 2.8 AAA lump....i believe :)

even if it aint a storm why worry :clap: there is no technical specification difference.....just badges really

incoming on the ever lasting storm debate ha ha ha

If that bothered get the wheels right (as above Solitudes I think) and then buy 2 badges for pennies and you pretty much have a Storm anyway...

I wouldnt waste my time....by adding the badges your making it heavier....and hence slower :norty:

Don't you have to be within touching distance (or even within sight) to beat them through the twisty bits?

Owned =D

ha ha ha ha ha!!!! :p

ha ha ha ha ha!!!! :p

Yawn, so why is/was a Valver used in VW cup and not a VR then? :epicfail:

I called into the parts dept at my local VAG centre yesterday, I bought a pair of wheel bearings and asked them to confirm it was a Storm. They gave me a print out of of the service history the first owner the spec colour etc and when it was last seen at a dealer.

Matt

I called into the parts dept at my local VAG centre yesterday, I bought a pair of wheel bearings and asked them to confirm it was a Storm. They gave me a print out of of the service history the first owner the spec colour etc and when it was last seen at a dealer.

Matt

Gotta love German efficiency!

if you'd have asked they'd have been able to list all the serial numbers for all the bolts and screws too...

Ok I've been around for a long time now & I can help with this question.

Genuine Storms were all produced within a specifically allocated range of chassis numbers. You can look it up it ETKA I believe (and no, I don't have it installed so that's why I can't give you the numbers now). The cars were sent to the dealers with the necessary badges supplied in separate packaging which was put on the car before sale. These badge packs have appeared rarely on eBay over the years... I know someone who sold one of these for over £200 a few years ago.

If you're lucky someone will dig the chassis number range up for you & post it up from here, but that is where you need to check.

Hope this helps

John