Yandards

The CF Forza 3 Race League, Final League Standing Pg 1

how many of you were racing last night?

Just the 7 of us, you online tonight then, as I need to test my lagging issue once i've set my router up, if you're up for a race?

Will prob be on from about 730 or 8...

i could be online for 8pm. Ive just purchaced my Live subscription online just now @ play.com. Ill have to wait till i get sent the activation code thou. they do it by email so i shold have it by tonight.

Another you tube video, joined a few bits together this time:

Great title background :wink:

Can we access the replays and take photos also?

Yes, if you go to leaderboard on the Forza menu, then push x until you get a friends list (twice) highlight my name and then push A, select go to storefront and all the pictures and replays are on there.

Making a couple more videos but it takes ages as I have to encode them from a single camera angle, upload them to FM3 website one at a time, download them to my computer, muck around in movie maker and then post then up to youtube. Shame you cant just rip them straight off the xbox hard drive onto a USB stick it would be alot quicker!

Yet another video, this time the hub demos the corkscrew at Leguna Seca

I'll probably be on for a race, will see what im up to though

i could be online for 8pm

Might see you both this evenin then...

Router issues permitting. :lol:

that looks bloody awesome!!! :lol: :lol:

still looking forward to showing mine off :|

Great title background :wink:

Can we access the replays and take photos also?

Yes, if you go to leaderboard on the Forza menu, then push x until you get a friends list (twice) highlight my name and then push A, select go to storefront and all the pictures and replays are on there.

Making a couple more videos but it takes ages as I have to encode them from a single camera angle, upload them to FM3 website one at a time, download them to my computer, muck around in movie maker and then post then up to youtube. Shame you cant just rip them straight off the xbox hard drive onto a USB stick it would be alot quicker!

Yet another video, this time the hub demos the corkscrew at Leguna Seca

Cool, I will give it a go tonite, and try and upload some pics too!

Who's the silver corrado that 'didn't demo the corkscrew' :lol:

a great vid there!

i was catching up there, till i got caught in the carnage! :lol:

loads of fun!

That would be "The Hub" :notworthy:

Quality video. Keep em comin Yan! :D

That would be "The Hub" :notworthy:

He needs a 288mm or Brembo brake upgrade! :lol:

One last video before work, Swiftkid and myself having a bit of an overtaking duel, complete with cheesy music :D

Can't wait to get involved in all this, hoping to get my xbox and online service set up this evening! :clap:

One last video before work, Swiftkid and myself having a bit of an overtaking duel, complete with cheesy music :D

Cracking sequence!

Cornering ability VS straight line speed! 8)

8) really cool vids there!

Who was it that spun on the first vid - sherry and grey rados?

Nice 1 on 1 race there, some lovely moves down the inside Mr Yan! 8) Swift pulled it back on the straights though.

More vids would be good... :D

Im a little jealous :(

that would be me and hub... i was overtaking green rado at the time and we clipped each other... i just came out worse off... :(

Ha loving the videos although they do show my need to improve....... big time!!!!!! Who needs bigger brakes when you can use Yan to slow down quicker :lol: Sorry mate :epicfail:

8) really cool vids there!

Nice 1 on 1 race there, some lovely moves down the inside Mr Yan! 8) Swift pulled it back on the straights though.

More vids would be good... :D

Im a little jealous :(

Heh, you wouldn't be the first PS3 owner I know to go and buy and xbox just to play Forza 3 because GT5 is taking too long, both a friend of mine and his brother have done that in the last fortnight.

Swifty didn't catch me up again though, it was a clean pair of rear wheels for the last lap.

Videos take ages to do, I need to decide what section to capture, I can only have up to 30 seconds max and then if I want to change the subject car, angle etc I need to do another capture. Once captured you can only upload one at a time to the Forza server so that last video of the 1 v 1 action is 4 different sections of video and took over 2 hours just to get into a state to start editing. You also need to remember the time that the last clip finished so the transition is better when you swap angles. If they would just let you drop the wmv films straight from the xbox hard drive onto a USB key it would be so much easier!

Shame everyone ends up so strung out after the 1st couple of corners, I expect the tuning skills to improve as we progress so it should get more even.

that would be me and hub... i was overtaking green rado at the time and we clipped each other... i just came out worse off... :([/quote:2o6c1ld4]

I think the Hub just clipped the wall after getting a bit of a twitchy rear (blimey) after coming over the crest.

Sorted out the lag issue!!

Assigned a static address to the xbox and opened all the required ports for the xboxs address, inbound and outbound from the router. Made a massive difference!

Just hosted a couple of races with Alex G60, DJ Ebby and The Hub, nice and smooth, and some quality racing. Cheers chaps.

Lookin forward to the first race proper on Sunday. :grin:

Well finally up and running on the xbox front (although not online yet :( ) and loving it so far. Need to get a few hours under my belt to work on my car and skills before I actually race people but getting very slowly better.

Just wondering if you guys are using steering wheel accessories or just the normal controllers? Not sure if I'm just rubbish but finding it quite hard to just get the car going where I want it to! :lol:

Mic, I've been playing it since Friday and I'm still in the same boat (read previous comments and watch the videos) :lol: Getting to know the tracks is a good place to start, I usually find I wipe out on the first few laps but then hold my own towards the end of the race when i'm miles behind the leaders. Still a good laugh though :D

Yeah knowing the tracks would help!

Don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely loving it but I've only ever had 2/3 goes on an xbox (never played a PS3) in my entire life before today so not really sure what i'm doing. Forza is agood place to start though, tried to play Call of Duty earlier and can't get on with the controls at all... time and practice is what I need now so watch this space. :clap:

lol - awesome video clips, Yan! Have the lag issues settled down? Our first few goes were a nightmare!