Sign in to follow this  
Wompa

Corrado with R8 LED Strip

Hi.

Im a bit split in this subject... Has anyone done a R8 type headlight for the Corrado? I mean the led strip that you can buy of gaybay for about 2quids.

Im interested, but dont want to make it look to gay and geeky... :eek:

It wouldnt be to hard to install and make it work but how would it look on OEM headlights?

Any ideas? Any picture or do you have some thoughts about this subject.

Have a great weekend!

Cheers!

//Thomas

That's the thing.. Would it look to modern? I have seen alot of things that are modern but fit the Rado perfect!

Im thinking of fitting a led strip in the bottom of the light, a straight strip. Not any waves or so...

The thing I really thing look hidious on a Corrado is Angel Eyes :cuckoo:

And that seems to have alot of fans around the world...

Dont mean to piss on your chips but I think this would look god awful......there are a few cars round my way that have had these fitted and they look sooooo bad :cuckoo:

I actually dont think they look that great on Audi's :o

They look terrible even on new Audi's - not sure who thought a bit of twinkly eye-liner on a car would ever look good! It looks horrendous when retrofitted on older cars too..

Avoid like the plague IMHO!

I think the headlights are too square for this to be effective, the more modern headlights are more oval shaped?

I've seen these for sale, always wondered what they would look like. I'm guessing not very good but would love to see some pics if anyone's had the guts to do it :lol:

i like the look on modern cars, but would be too much a mish mash of eras and as such a no-no imo for a rado

I've seen these for sale, always wondered what they would look like. I'm guessing not very good but would love to see some pics if anyone's had the guts to do it :lol:

....... :lol: !!

someone has to do it now.......do you feel lucky punk, well do ya....... :D

HAHA! This seems like a nono! ;)

Okey, I just wanted to hear your opinion... and so long no one has told me to do it! So now Im not doing it! :dorky:

I was of the opinion that it would only car it'd suit would be an Audi (on which I think it looks rather smart)

But then somebody photoshopped this...

hkbnupk6.gif[/attachment:27uwsk6g]

Wouldnt do it myself but was pretty impressed.

Pretty soon we'll all have Corrados that look the same because people are too scared of offending others.

I say try it... If it looks cack... take it off!?

I've actually started to hate them on R8's now it's got that bad, in the same league as Venoms, lexus clusters, and LED washer jets I think now

Saying that though the photoshop looks cool and there's only one way to find out if it works, as the C is so straight and moody looking I think 2 straight lines to eccentuate that could look alright

I've actually started to hate them on R8's now it's got that bad, in the same league as Venoms, lexus clusters, and LED washer jets I think now

Saying that though the photoshop looks cool and there's only one way to find out if it works, as the C is so straight and moody looking I think 2 straight lines to eccentuate that could look alright

Its not a expencive mod so I could try it... It would make the Corrado look more angry ;)

I have Venoms so why not R8 led strips? HAHA!!

But I dont know what to go for? Should I buy a set of micro led that you cant really see in the headligts, or bright big led bulbs?

4406321%2Ejpg

But I dont know what to go for? Should I buy a set of micro led that you cant really see in the headligts, or bright big led bulbs?

I'd say go for whatever looks like a strip of light rather then being able to see the individual led's, only because that can sometimes look like a weird set of girly eyelashes, new Saab's for example look :censored: after trying to copy Audi (not that they looked to great before mind)

I was of the opinion that it would only car it'd suit would be an Audi (on which I think it looks rather smart)

But then somebody photoshopped this...

hkbnupk6.gif[/attachment:1jltnat0]

Wouldnt do it myself but was pretty impressed.

Pretty soon we'll all have Corrados that look the same because people are too scared of offending others.

I say try it... If it looks cack... take it off!?

Here here! Let's see it!

Well guys, I've got cheap 2nd hand In-Pro's with HID's. I hate the angel eyes. So if you can find the strips to make the same as the pic, then I could give it a go for laughs. I agree the strips would have to give a solid light rather than little individual spots. Any ideas of decent strips?

Hi.

Im a bit split in this subject... Has anyone done a R8 type headlight for the Corrado? I mean the led strip that you can buy of gaybay for about 2quids.

//Thomas

Like you say it will only take a couple of quid to find out, doesn't make it such a risk.....

Just fancied saying the neon R8 eyelash idea looks too poo on Audis even. They're not solid blocks of light and so from an asthetic point of view motivated by the lesser intended, pratical one, weighs up subconsciously, as a really pointless, tacky mistake. Solid light wins - especially on C's. Angel eyes don't as they're round. The only thing round on a C are its wheels. Angle/angular lights wins the Corrado design IMO. No one asked for my opinion but hey. Would be nice if there were Angel lights available in squares instead tho :scratch: .

That red corrado kind of looks like it's got bags under it's eyes, not a good look!

Agreed on the Audis. They should have made the light strip exclusively for the R8 and not throw it onto all the poverty spec diesel A3s and 4s aswell.

Seeing something like that the first time was cool. Seeing it every day with some fat rep picking his nose further up the car really takes the edge off it's coolness.

Still, if you wanna replicate this on the corrado, it's pretty easy. Just create a light pipe with an acrylic tube and one of these LEDs - http://www.seoulsemicon.com/en/product/ ... rLEDp7.asp

Just the looks of the In.Pros makes it look awful!

But I must test this for all Corrado owners out there! It might look awesome! :eek: