marmite monster

88 miles £20 wtf?? now 120.5 getting better!

bin a while since i had a vr6 dont remember it being that shocking on fuel did my usual £20 test and got 88.5 miles mixed driving a bit of spank but not to much :D

is that about right or is my air mass meter on the way out?

Im about 70% conserved when it comes to driving, 30% givin' it some welly!

On average I get 400-450miles per tank, and it costs me what, £65ish a time to fill up?

So I guess it depends just how hard ur foot is put down!! :lol: What's ur average MPG comin' out like?

Damn thats good, i usually get about 380-400 miles per tank, but i dont really let is get too low - usually around £60 fills the tank up.

just put another £20 in going to drive like a grandmar so how much i can beat 88miles :D

then im going to put another £20 and drive it like i stole it see if i can get it down to 50 miles lol :)

£20 in my bmw will do about 170 miles, and it's got more power. just a shame its not a patch on the corrado to drive

same here i sold my subaru to get back into the vws thought it would be better on fuel too but i was wrong lol ohh well

Yeah that seems a bit excessive, I get 400-450 miles to a tank which works out at about 33-35 mpg most of the time. Get it Vag-com'd and see if it throws anything up.

Mainly driving around London in the evenings when there is not much traffic i get around 270 miles to the tank. I usually get 55l of fuel in to the tank between fill ups so that works out to be about 22mpg which i have been achieving consistently over the last few years. No Idea how some of you are getting such high mpg's.

Mainly driving around London

Is there a lot of stop-starting tho dude??

My 400-450 miles per tank mainly include 100-200miles of motorway, and the rest pretty much town and a-road driving

The highest my MFA has shown is 30.5mpg. Normal for me is around 23-27mpg. Good job I don't use it much :lol:

Owned it for 8 months and done 1600 ish miles :cuckoo:

Not so much stop start, i'd say 50% of it is on clear A roads. As a comparison if i'm on the motorway i'll get 350 miles from my 55l fill up which equates to 29mpg

Not so much stop start, i'd say 50% of it is on clear A roads. As a comparison if i'm on the motorway i'll get 350 miles from my 55l fill up which equates to 29mpg

See when I fill up Im spending around £65, and at 105.9-109.9p per litre ur probs getting around the same?

My highest MPG I ever read was 44.6 I think, without cheating :D

jebus, i really need to look into my car. im getting average of about 32mpg on my way to work, highest i've ever seen motorway cruising is 35mpg :?

Well if its any consolation to you VR owners my 2.0 valver gives me between 80 and 90 miles from 20 squid. I literally do a combined cycle; some stop start driving in traffic, some a road driving and a lot of heavy right foot action. Sucks.

Edit: If i drove a bit more carefully and tried to avoid the stop start traffic im pretty sure that would be closer to 120 miles. I need a VR.

This is quite interesting. I am doing a 36 mile round trip all on A roads and I am seeing 350 miles to the tank with some to spare. I have seen the MPG read 36.4 but it is gentle driving. Never ever seen 40+, I reckon I'd have to push it to get that figure :lol: . On average I probably return 28-30mpg. Worst ever was being late for work and I covered the journey on song in third gear for most of it as I was using the torque to get passed everything. My MFA showed 11mpg for that journey :norty: :cuckoo:

Well if its any consolation to you VR owners my 2.0 valver gives me between 80 and 90 miles from 20 squid. I literally do a combined cycle; some stop start driving in traffic, some a road driving and a lot of heavy right foot action. Sucks.

Edit: If i drove a bit more carefully and tried to avoid the stop start traffic im pretty sure that would be closer to 120 miles. I need a VR.

This is my big problem with valvers! They give 136bhp yet return similar (if not worse) MPG as 200bhp G60s and 190bhp VR6s :shrug:

I filled my VR6 up when I bought it a couple of weeks ago and its looking like I'm going to get just over 400 miles from the tank, not too bad but still a bit of a shock having run 2 diesels for the last 2 years! :lol: The point is though, that they're a 'performance coupe' with a 2.9 V6 engine in, they're not supposed to be cheap to run - f3ck the MPG and enjoy the drive :D

f3ck the MPG and enjoy the drive :D

Oi, that's MY quip, get your own :D

And I couldn't agree more and 22 - 30mpg is about right for the engine's size and performance and the weight it has to lug around.

I don't think any other car could have such a scary mpg as my mate's old Jag XJS V12 though. That thing burned a gallon of fuel just idling on the drive for 5 minutes whilst doing some tuning work on it....

i get 99.9MPG acording to my MFA and im sticking to that thankyou very much :grin:

Alex... i think something might be busted in your car...