Sign in to follow this  
Sean_Jaymo

Schumacher back in F1

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Was talking to a mate that works at brawn today, he was going to Micheal's seat fit for the car this morning. So the great one is back, but for how long ? All the other F1 drivers that made a return after a stint on the bench after retiring were never any good. The cars move forward so quickly with development that Micheal will find it hard to start off with. But good luck to him, as long he doesn't smash our car(Force India), and I have to spend hours repairing it.

Usually I have a strong opinion/feeling about what goes on in formula one after many many years of dedication, but Schumacher back in F1 stumps me.......I'm really unsure of how it will go for him :eek:

As an Italian, and obviously life long Ferrari nut, I'm worried his legacy of one of the best F1 drivers ever (que the angry posts/replys :lol: ) is in jeopardy ......on the other hand I'm sure he wouldnt return unless he new he would be competitive :confused4:

what ever happens its going to be a cracking year......Alonso in a ferrari is going to be immense :clap:

I think Brawn will only be going backwards on the grid next year. Sure, they had a good car last year but that was the might of Honda, whereas Brawn is a much smaller team with a much smaller budget. Schumi may win a few, but I don't think he'll challenge for the championship and that's a bad thing for his record and image. He'll probably end up being the best of the rest after the top 3 have had their tussle. I was never a real fan anyway so its no skin off my nose. :grin:

The cars move forward so quickly with development that Micheal will find it hard to start off with. But good luck to him, as long he doesn't smash our car(Force India), and I have to spend hours repairing it.

At least Raikkonen isn't racing this year :lol:

It's all an unknown until he starts testing in the 2010 car from 1st Feb. I think he'll whip Rosberg and be the best of the silver arrows. With no refuelling in 2010 it will be brand new experience for all of them. As out and out racers you'd say Schumi will be up there with Hamilton and Alonso but may all rest on what cars they get. The 2009 Ferrari was a dog and I suspect Schumi was quite glad his neck was still a tad too stiff for him to take Massa's seat.

as long he doesn't smash our car(Force India), and I have to spend hours repairing it.

Yeah, isn't that Sutil's job? :wink: :lol:

It's not Sutil, it's the other drivers :lol:

I think Brawn will only be going backwards on the grid next year. Sure, they had a good car last year but that was the might of Honda, whereas Brawn is a much smaller team with a much smaller budget. Schumi may win a few, but I don't think he'll challenge for the championship and that's a bad thing for his record and image. He'll probably end up being the best of the rest after the top 3 have had their tussle. I was never a real fan anyway so its no skin off my nose. :grin:

The cars move forward so quickly with development that Micheal will find it hard to start off with. But good luck to him, as long he doesn't smash our car(Force India), and I have to spend hours repairing it.

At least Raikkonen isn't racing this year :lol:[/quote:1tlctxoh]

I'd have to disagree with this one Dude. When Ross Brawn joined whilst it was still Honda, hescrapped any development of the car they were running, and focused on the next seasons car. Also, bear in mind that last seasons car was powered my Mercedes Benz.

So, Ross Brawn is still the team boss, the team is now Mercedes Benz/Brawn, so more money and resources for engine development. I can actually see them doing very well and giving McLaren and Ferrari a good run for their money.

Watch out for the Red Bulls though!!!!

As for Schumacher returning though, i'm really pleased to see it and i think he'll still do very well, but he's going to find it tougher than he thinks!!!

Following comments above...

1./ Shumacher has to be considered one of the best (if not THE best) drivers of all time... Personally can't stand him but anyway.

2./ Can see Schumacher doing very well even allowing for the break. Ha has always been close to the sport and has kept his eye in with other racing albeit in other forms.

3./ Raikkonen will (imo) do VERY well in rally driving. He certainly has the skills... Mmm Don't all Finns though? Something to do with growing up with the dirt track roads and using them for racinhg their dads old bangers from the age of 10 or so...

Whilst I'll be glad to see him racing again, as he really is a great driver, I dont think it's the right thing to do. He retired from the sport at the right time whilst he was the best.

It would be like Joe Calzaghe returning to boxing and getting chinned, it would ruin his legendary career. (although his dancing has done a pretty good job :eek: )

Still, roll on the 2010 session :D

I'd have to disagree with this one Dude. When Ross Brawn joined whilst it was still Honda, he scrapped any development of the car they were running, and focused on the next seasons car. Also, bear in mind that last seasons car was powered my Mercedes Benz.

So, Ross Brawn is still the team boss, the team is now Mercedes Benz/Brawn, so more money and resources for engine development. I can actually see them doing very well and giving McLaren and Ferrari a good run for their money.

Duh, I forgot Brawn was bought by Mercedes-Benz! :censored: :brickwall: He's still going to struggle though.