C488ADO

That Rado..............

I've never seen a car with a beige dash - now that would be overkill. Obviously factory standard (for me) was cream leather and beige carpets which looks fine. I do have black OE carpet mats and they look fine. I know someone with a silver Boxster and they have the extended leather pack. Hence it's red seats, red dash, red steering wheel and red roof - looks awful. What a way to spoil a £40k car :p

rado's been a very lucky lady this weekend..... picked up a genuine complete full beige leather electric recaro heated interior!!!

of course is grubby as fcuk but il do me best to clean it up and make it presentable....

made a start already as you do , but it is a massive job and im disliking it already!

got a couple of before and afters no particular order and only of a few bits, i think il give it the once over- then il spend time later perfecting the parts. A couple of localised areas sorting esp seats but il get round to that... all works so very happy...

just now as its beige its got to be clean....

DSC00760.jpg

DSC00761.jpg

DSC00762.jpg

DSC00763.jpg

DSC00764.jpg

thats it really ,those 3 items were a bitch to clean and the muck that came off was pretty believeable.... haha

going to go over the plastics a few times i think and if still not happy then il recolour them ...hmmmmm, cant be arsed but i might have to, , we will see, the door cards have a few marks on the edges looks like black oil type stuff, il get the meths on it, very easy though just enough to take the crap, off dont want to strip them back totally, plus it stinks real bad.....

cant even be botherd to look at the carpets they are shagged...

DSC00765.jpg

i have a pile of shit in the front room and im getting a little knawing in my ear......

DSC00769.jpg

well two piles of shit lol

DSC00770.jpg

i took the carpets to the garage tonight and pressure washed them off..............

and this is how they came out bearing in mind they were completly minging before.... lol

DSC00774.jpg

DSC00775.jpg

as you can see they are really dirty still ,so ive put them in the bath and washed them by hand, as im not allowed to use the machine anymore....

so bold and lenor and a scrubbing brush it was, rinse wash rinse condition, rinse, (you get the idea) i left the spin bit out as that would have really pissed her off ,

ummm yeah the bath water is dirty..

DSC00776.jpg

DSC00777.jpg

got the little ones hanging up drying now as i havent got a wet vac anymore!!! arghhhh

DSC00778.jpg

DSC00779.jpg

DSC00780.jpg

very pleased with the above , now if the main carpets come out as good as that il be very pleased indeed!!

il update soon......

for really bad marks use some Vanish spray on them, leave them for a few minutes and then get scrubbing with the Daz/Persil/ariel/Tescos finest! Dont leave it too long though as it contains optical brighteners which could give you a slightly lighter patch than the rest of the carpet.

Good work on the rear pieces though, very impressive. Plus they'll make the car smell nice too :wink:

lookin sweet nate i have a wet vac if you need it ,i didnt as i wear the trousers in our drum n i told er in doors ime usin the washin machine!! me rado carpets are goin in n thats that.......well somthin like that anyway :lol: :lol:

Bleedin hell what had the previous owner been doing, rescuing sea birds from oil spills!

Sounds a bit simple but WD40 is the best thing I have used to remove marks from trim. Works on leather as well if your careful.

Good luck with it all, hard work now but be worth it in the end Im sure 8)

Hi chris il pm ya!

the main carpets are just hanging up to dry

DSC00781.jpg

DSC00782.jpg

DSC00784.jpg

DSC00785.jpg

there are a couple of dark lines on them but that is water , when you squeeze it down it goes light .....so when they are dry they will look 100% better....

there is 2maybe 3 little tiny grease marks the camrea hasnt picked up on but tar and glue will remove them ,

i used tar and glue during the washing process to remove the grease form the centre of the carpet from the seat runners and catch at the front where it must have rubbed etc

when they are hoovered up itl show all the pile and just look all fresh and nicey nicey

Bleedin hell what had the previous owner been doing, rescuing sea birds from oil spills!

Sounds a bit simple but WD40 is the best thing I have used to remove marks from trim. Works on leather as well if your careful.

Good luck with it all, hard work now but be worth it in the end Im sure 8)

lol i know the carpets were terrible... they havent turned up to bad now im just waiting for them to dry hopefully by the time i get home form work tomorrow il give them a hoover and put them in storage until i get the rest of it sorted...

i am definatly going to have to build a shed this summer....

got a bit more done today...

got all the interior plastics and chucked them in the bath and started scrubbing.....what a boring job that is doesnt look like it makes much difference until its dried but like i say itl do until i build a shed and the summer comes i can then colour match the whole lot so it looks fresh and spanking.....

DSC00799.jpg

DSC00800.jpg

plastics during...water is a much dirtier in the flesh

DSC00803.jpg

at least they have benifitted slightly

DSC00802.jpg

sunroof trim even had a go

DSC00801.jpg

the carpets came up nicely here they are dry,

DSC00787.jpg

DSC00788.jpg

DSC00789.jpg

DSC00790.jpg

DSC00791.jpg

hmmm its like a disease the parts are now spreading to the bedroom....

DSC00792.jpg

the sunroof panel on the beige interior is also beige i didnt know this so i thought id better fit it this one is minging....

DSC00793.jpg

so that went in the bath too..... lol

i shit myself a bit as i had no idea what would happen to it

this is during the washing by hand with bold again and a soft scrubbing brush...

DSC00794.jpg

i then thought while im at it i might as well try the headlinging as that too is beige in colour... and very dirty

DSC00795.jpg

DSC00796.jpg

again during this time not using as much water as i didnt want to distort the backing card

DSC00797.jpg

DSC00798.jpg

back to the sunroof panel and this is it nearly dry

DSC00804.jpg

and a coule of the headlining you can see the water in the corner of it still dripping out..

DSC00805.jpg

DSC00806.jpg

as you can see been on a mission ive fitted the door cards but not taken any pics

lookin good nate nice one ,hope to get new felt on summer house at the weekend so i can come n get interior from you soon. :salute:

Not yet I emptied the car interior into the hall way and we have gone our to our friends for a curry do she hasn't had to spend anytime with all the crap yet

as above, really superb effort. Just noticed you have some blue marks on the carpet - i have just the same on mine, although on the rear portion. I've tried to clean them but with no luck. Any idea what they are, or more importantly how to get rid of them?

i have seen tis on my grey carpet too....

its from the plastics they have normally got foam around some of the plastic and with the cleaning and wet conditions or heater matrix failiure i guess it just takes its toll unfortunatly its stained and as far as i can tell it cannot be removed....

i am however still looking into it so i will let you know!!

just a quickie before i leave for work got up early (ish) and thought id better strip the sunroof panel out now as it might turn into one of those 'il do it later' type jobs haha so out it came easy

old sunroof panel and this by the way looked mint in the car!! lol how wrong was i!

DSC00807.jpg

took out the headlining stip from the windscreen area i wanted to do the full conversion to beige so it looks factroy, and this piece was a bastard to remove...it was held in by metal spring clips and black window sealant!! thanks......

DSC00813.jpg

got a blade and cut it out gently not managing to damage it

put the new one in and yes its beige!

DSC00814.jpg

sunroof panel in had a good look round it to see how it works very simple bit of kit once you get inside it

DSC00815.jpg

DSC00816.jpg

re stuck this packing to the roof with carpet tape should hold nicely... im going to get some new black duck tape and place over all the clips etc to reduce rattles and hopefully make for slightly tighter fixings.. , plus going to tidy the cables up while im about it

DSC00817.jpg

DSC00818.jpg

got the next panel stripped ready to take the original heater loom for hte seats the relays sit in here...

DSC00820.jpg

bought a new boot reaease and found a suitable location for it just need to make a braket up and wire it in and it should do nicely

DSC00821.jpg

fixed the god damn annoying sunroof seal as it had dipped in both corners not fitted correctly after painting...

DSC00823.jpg

even out the car it was a bit of a pig the seal is so not flexible.....

got the door cards fitted they look quite good actually...

DSC00811.jpg

DSC00812.jpg

i noticed that using as a daily is killing my wheels...

DSC00822.jpg

so i had a quick go to see how bad they really are

DSC00824.jpg

DSC00825.jpg

i think they will come up fine..

stipping all the boot carpets out going to rebuild the boot install and spend some time on it this time..

got my eye on some kicker 100 si amps old skool but i love them

DSC00809.jpg

cars looking a bit of a mess!

lol

DSC00808.jpg

didnt get chance to update before work this morning,

got the headlining in and the sunvisors..

DSC00827.jpg

DSC00826.jpg

DSC00828.jpg

im starting to see that it is going to look good!

it does look weird though seeing part grey and part beige in it lol

DSC00829.jpg

DSC00830.jpg

got all the rear boot plastics in

DSC00834.jpg

well done you are now converting the Corrado to the best combo Blackberry and beige. Good Luck with the changeover :wave:

thanks chap i could finish it today if i wanted to i rekkon, but im thinking about holding out so i can fit the stereo gear.. but that said i can always take bits out etc etc ive got a kit from furniture clinic winging its way to me as we speak so over the next week or so im going to attempt a few areas id like to smarten up...