C488ADO

That Rado..............

rob came round and helped me the other night , we decided to take out the pedal box ......what a shiter of a job, i never want to do that job ever ever again!!

here are som epics.

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0383.jpg

hole drilled..

IMG_0389.jpg

where the main looms come through the bulk head

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

pedal box out!

IMG_0386.jpg

as it stands....realy want to tidy the bay wiring up

IMG_0390.jpg

there you have it just another little update slow burner this one tedious never want to do it again, but iam ...

Progress looks good but I would most definately say no to that R32. I'll bet it doesn't come with the engine cabin loom which is the most important loom and is an absolute nightmare to get hold of, i talk from experience!

another couple of hours today

e9adb82f.jpg

just a random shot of the engine...

438fb751.jpg

i pulled the drivers side loom back through into the cabin

a35986c7.jpg

im thinking of joining the loom here to extend the wires down to the headlights etc

26da7443.jpg

the hole where the loom was...

429bd7a1.jpg

176826d4.jpg

manual pedal box in place

657d0570.jpg

45f520d7.jpg

steering colum back in!!

bb87e46c.jpg

a bit daunting but hey ho

1d1c979f.jpg

random shot of one of the seats i refurbished!!

d907ce84.jpg

so thats it started on the re routing of the loom fitted the manual pedal box re-fitted the steering colum.....long way to go !

nath if i had a quid for everytime that interior has been out !! :lol: coming on though mate ,give me a shout if workin on her in the evenings .

Yea not sure where to take it langers rekkons i should go Obd 2 while I've got it all to bits like this but il have to source the parts.....

Nath i worried about you Recaro's just kicking about a workshop floor look il take em off your hands, come on they would look good in my moonlightblue VR of love!!!!! :lol:

Yes I agree Chris they would make your car look good but not awesome like they do my car!! Lol

Done worry they are not kicking About a workshop floor!! Sadly inside the car an removed when working on it!

getting fed up with the cold workshop and late nights ive decided to put her back together again ive rerouted the loom back to where it should be and got some flywheel bolts

fitted the flywheel today went to fit the clutch and no bolts!!!! (38p each from tps) arrrgggghhhhh another stumbler so il get some bolts orderd up and wait again...

fitted a gruven parts water pump pulley and thats it for another day!

got my american spec side repeaters and took them down to the body shop so they can be grafted in im hoping to wrap this little lot pretty soon to get her mobile again

at least then i can give it a good wash polish and refit parts to the car

nice one bud , so you are keepin it then ?. its good to here shes coming along well 8) know what you mean about the cold ,its bleedin awful bein out in it , keep goin mate .

Unless you've done it recently anyway do not put that dash in without changing the heater matrix! Sorry if I've missed it I've only seen the last few pages.

up date..

body shop dont want the job of grafting in the side repeaters .....great....awesome.....

so bollocks to it im going to do it my self.... fcuking typical... train of thought... il cut the holes make the backing plates get them in as neat as poss and then the body shop can make good ...i.e get the edges even filled etc etc good enough to paint and look good once painted...

what with work overload and promotions etc and now the misses birthday i havent been to the garage for well over 5 weeks now probably 6-7 really starting to annoy me now and getting medown a bit i just want to get it done and finished enjoy her for a bit....

project has well over gone its due date and my patience with it ran out several times

but soon now we are on the road to recovery....

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

got the fron tend back on...

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg

car looks a total mess!!!!!!

IMG_0471.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

just got to finish wiring in the reverse lights and then the starter motor when thats done il then be able to fire it up!!!!!!

cant wait

anyway next after this is the front bumper i need to retro fit the side markers....

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

what paint did you use for the gear stick surround, looks fully smart, i want a tan looking one, whats the finish like also?

cheers

furniture clinic is where you order the paint , for use on leather , and seems to key just as well to plastic .

Yea as rob says all my paint was furniture clinic stuff, seems to work exceptionally well !

Make sure you get both the gloss and the satin laquers though!

Thanks, any tips for using this stuff on plastic, want to do mine in brown but was thinking paint would give me an undesired cheap look so didnt really want too, plus this would be usefull for dash vents for instance.

Cheers for that.

clean as per furniture clinic instructions...

leather prep (cellulose thinners)

then wipe with alcohol cleaner (neat alcohol)

then sponge on colour dry with hair dryer

sponge on more colour dry etc etc build up colour slowly then spray with air brush to get all over even finish

then gloss finish

then sation finish if you want a factory look or you could go

gloss finish or matt finish or semi gloss etc etc

the results ive had on the plastic it looks fantastic and is exetremly hard wearing....

right another day!..................

quite literally today ive been off work ( my day off) ....(ill) needed to get this done been putting it off for ages and wasnt really sure how to go about it , so in a true me fashion just went with it and see how it went.... im sure someone out there will have better way ? easier way of doing this , but with limited brain power due to being ill and generally not very bright i kinda just done t this way.

ok step 1!

first and formost get yourself an slc bumper from the states and save yourself all this hassle!! screw in the side markers extend the loom job done! lol i wish it were that simple...

get yourself some sidemarkers... i got mine from tps took like 3-4 days so not too bad

also get the bulb holders and screws too asthey are only pence

08e4b2f5.jpg

9b18a683.jpg

then what you need to do is to mark out where you actually want the lights... on mine i wanted them to look as factory as i could make them useing my limited skills and budget, i reaserched the images on google and forums etc and finaly decided where to put them and how to line them up.. after all who am i kidding its touch and go wheather or not this is gonna work...

7463d71d.jpg

74db5bf8.jpg

i made the stencil from cardboard i took some card made a rough hole in it stuck the light in it and then drawing a line round the outside of the light unit gave me a fairly decent stencil...

d1cf8c9b.jpg

1c4fc238.jpg

ok so when ouve finished arseing about with where ou are going to put them you just need to get stuck in and go for it..............bring on the nibbler!!

the nibbler

88bb5fd1.jpg

this little beauty is brilliant variable speed and diffeent heads its awesome

083c1cf7.jpg

so i naturally just started hacking away thinking **** if i f this up i need a new bumper.....

2cb538ad.jpg

a7a53ce1.jpg

c45e7988.jpg

63a4ad17.jpg

so its a trial and fit trial and fit process time consuming i guess so

23710c66.jpg

e55db713.jpg

holding the side marker in position try and get a decent gap between that and the bumper remember you have got to get it out...

c3a838f2.jpg

85a54413.jpg

f5ee85f0.jpg

i then needed to locate the unit in the hole and stop it from falling through so i thought about plastic welding in some tabs..

for the spring on the back of the marker

ef6ef671.jpg

using a bit of the off cut bumper i made the tabs

27d33049.jpg

6e1c6095.jpg