Sign in to follow this  
UseOnceDestroy

Bumper & Bonnet Cross Compatibility ...

As some of you probably know, I crashed my Corrado VR6 1994 at the weekend ...

I'm heading up to Coventry over the weekend to buy a bonnet and bumper from a breaker ... The car he is breaking is a 1.8 L Reg Corrado.

Will the bumper and bonnet fit my VR6 or are there any differences between the two? :shrug:

Cheers :salute:

If it's a true 'L' plate then it will or should...have the late stuff the same as yours. But they never made an 1800 in that year, so it's probably a 2.0.

Neil.

Cheers for your reply, Ok well the car is technically scrapped so the Reg is non existant but the breaker is sure it is an L Reg. He tells me it has the later dash with twist heater dials etc ... SO i should be safe ... shouldn't I?!

What models are not compatible?

could it be a g60? jus make sure the bonnet is raised in the middle as, from what i have heard, the vr6 needs the hump. and as for the bumper make sure it has fogs and indicators that sit flush.

if the L reg was not a 1.8 does this mean i have a 2.0 16v ??

i thought the 2.0 were 8v ??

the engine looks just like the 1.8 16v in my 89.

for anyone caught in this love triangle ... dbug is 'the breaker' ... :lol:

:wave:

p.s i'm not a breaker but i am breaking an L reg 1.8/2.0 16v?? with late dash and good clean interior :grin:

feel a transplant coming on if it is a 2.0 16v :norty:

2L 16v will have an ABS pump (although this was an option on 1.8 16v) a black plastic cover over the front half of the fuel metering head on the LHS of engine bay and only five fuel lines crossing front of engine (1.8 has 2 more going to right of head)

If it has the original cam belt cover, there should be a label with 9A printed on it, that engine code should also be on the sticker in the boot.

2L 16v will have an ABS pump (although this was an option on 1.8 16v) a black plastic cover over the front half of the fuel metering head on the LHS of engine bay and only five fuel lines crossing front of engine (1.8 has 2 more going to right of head)

If it has the original cam belt cover, there should be a label with 9A printed on it, that engine code should also be on the sticker in the boot.

THIS ONE TIME AT CORRADO CAMP :lol:

There were no late interior/early exterior, only late exterior/early interiors in the crossover cars.

In other words, if it has a late interior then it has a late front end (and its a 2.0 9A)

Even easier check the chassis number, if it is an 'N' model year chassis then it will have all the right parts.

I think my first post covered it! :?

L plates are late, end of story!

Or not, to be honest reg year marks are about as much use as a chocolate t-pot when it comes to revisions, the only way to be sure is with the chassis year letter code.

The MOT thread is showing one Corrado as having been registered as an X plate!