Sign in to follow this  
16vStyle

FK M3 Lights Group Buy - Update

No doubt i'll come home from work to be greeted by the we called but u wearnt in delivery card, we will call back tommorow same time when no doubt u will be at work again, why can't they deliver in evenings.

Hmmm think i got a illness forming :D

Can't wait to get to work tomorrow.......never thought I'd say that!!!!!

Mine should arrive at work am.

Got my lights this morning... mmmmm shiney.... 8)

Cheers for setting this up Simon... 8)

yup, mine came this morning too! :D

out of interest, does anyone know what size the indicator bulbs are? the orange ones look toss with the clear lens so i'll have to get some silver ones...

Can't wait to see them fitted. I'm thinking of a set of these for mine but i'm not sure how they'll look with the aqua blue. Hurry with the pics!!

Int got mine yet either, I'm puttin it down to the nasty weather :(

What courier brings them?

Well I rang them and you're right they're blaming the weather, give James at Deutsch Performance a ring if you haven't received them by 1pm tomorrow. He also said I could pick them up at my local depot of the courier firm but I didn't fancy taking my C out in the snow! Not sure which courier firm it is, maybe someone who has received their lights could tell us?

I'm just going to keep quiet - as far as the theiving insurance companies are concerned it's standard :lol: Plus I wouldn't have thought it'd make a difference as it doesn't effect performance (although I'm hoping for at least an extra 10 horses LOL)...

Hypothetically speaking though, would they refuse a payout on the grounds of not declaring it? I think - until I am corrected - that it can be much more than an additional £30 or so?

When I told my insurance company about my lowered suspension kit they said although it doesn't make the car any faster the appearance of a lower more sporty looking car could make it more attractive to thiefs. I guess this could be said for our rear lights after all the car could be stolen for the lights alone.

In saying this the insurance premium didn't go up but the excess did.

The courier is Interlink Express.

I guess the best thing to do is be up front with the insurers after all if they ever decide not to pay out then it's only us that lose out... :?

What, no pics of anyones rear end yet? Come on guys - I've got to wait another day :(

Hope everyone that was expecting theirs yesterday get em today?

Getting mine tomorrow, rang yesterday, but was too late to get dispatched then, so they are arriving friday :D

Insurance company don't need to know, and if they ask say it was like that when you bought the car, and never even gave it a thought that it wasn't standard.

obviously that wouldn't work with suspension etc, but rear lights aren't a major facture really.

[EDIT]unless someone rear ends you, but if they pass an MOT then they have no excuse, best thing might be to pop down to an MOT centre and ask them the quick question[/EDIT]

I got mine at lunch time today.

My insurer's (Norwich Union) said it was ok and that there's no additional premium or higher excess provided they're legal. I'm going to get it in writing from them anyway just to be on the safe side because on my policy schedule it says 'none' next to modifications.

mmm, looking good! i got all motivated to do mine tonight, went outside with me torch prepared for a bit of cold and fiddling about...until i saw i'm going to have to match the wires up :roll: anyone save me some trial and error time by telling me which ones are which? ta.

I must admit I didn't do mine myself so can't help. :oops:

I did need to change the supplied amber bulbs for ones with straight pins though.

ohh no.

by the looks of that pic there red/clear not red/smoked???i was after red/clear ones but thought the group buy was only for the red/smoked ones,raging!! :cry:

cheers Fraser

Hmm they're supposed to be only half smoked, so the tint isn't very dark. Plus the pics are rubbish will put some decent ones up after I wash the car.

Got Mine today, thanks again Simon, good deal.

Just need to get some silvertech bulbs now to replace those nasty orange ones they come with and i@m happy :D

I should be getting mine today

/taps watch

whats wrong with the bulbs? they don't look right? or the pins are wrong?

I'll have to pop out and buy some then