Sign in to follow this  
ziderapple

Tempted to buy.... R32 HGP Stg 2

I have had far too much time on my hands and so have managed to join the local VW club / forum and started having a browse. Well in the classified section there is a 2008 Mk5 R32 thats had the the stage two HGP treatment by the local branch of MTM - I'm pretty sure they were responsible for that Chromed A8.

I've contacted the seller who has said hes free for me to come and view it anytime...

495PS 610Nm 4 Wheel drive. DSG :D Or in old money 488BHP and 450lb/ft :nuts: Oh my....

It's affordable too, well if I spunk the house deposit! :lol:

Aye, but you can't live in a car either...

yes you can... park up at your parents house and sleep in the car... treat the nearby facilities as a conveniance and wander in/out as required eating whatever you find, drinking whatever you wish and generally helping yourself... Oh and don't forget to take full advantage of the lauundry facilities....

All of this seems a very small price to pay for the right car...

Living is not a problem really as I'm in Dubai and thats sorted, but the issue is it's a lot of savings to blow on a car!! The downside is its 5 door and red, but I can live with that. I've only seen 5 doors out here - I think the insurance on a 3 door model is significantly higher.

r3201.jpg

r3202.jpg

I need to double check on the price as its been for sale for a long time now, but the one I heard mooted from the UAE VW club administrator means it a steal really, especially when you consider the kit costs over €20,000!

thats hot... i bet cooling is a big issue over there. My aunt got a Red mk5 gti imported...

Find a Corrado :D

I'm always the boring one, but if you're not on the property ladder yet i'd say the money would be MUCH better spent on a deposit rather than a fast car :dorky:

Keep saving, buy a house - THEN buy the fast car 8)

looks like a sleeper from those pictures.......sometimes you just need to scratch your itch otherwise it will just irritate you more - and us :D

Tasty, price wise, is that just under 20k? if so, its pretty cheap for the money thats been spent, plus the car in the first place 8)