Vince@Stealth

Stealth Racing VR6 Turbo Kit discussion

Haha easy sale then :D

To be honest I was sold a long time ago, it's been pencilled in for a while but really thought I should have a test before paying the deposit and setting it in stone. I wasn't disappointed :)

Edit: There's been nothin easy about getting my car into the mechanical condition required for the conversion over the past 12 months!

Been running the Stage 1 since July as a daily and had absolutly no issues at all. Not stalled once as well so that's a bonus. Have to fight the G/F for the drive when we go out! Enjoy

Been running the Stage 1 since July as a daily and had absolutly no issues at all. Not stalled once as well so that's a bonus. Have to fight the G/F for the drive when we go out! Enjoy

Same here been an absolutely rock solid daily setup since last summer dispite getting regular daily abuse :norty:

Going for the race logic this summer I think, sounds like good fun :)

All the good things you hear on this thread about this kit is starting to make me think this is the way to go after all the :censored: i had with storm and the rotex kit . The only thing that worrys me is that being most things are becoming obsolete for the corrado that putting this much money into it then struggling to get parts is a bit of a put off .I have rung a few companys for insurance to find out what it might cost to run and for 5000 miles a year as the rado wont be a daily the cheapest quote was £659 fully comp with a value of £7000 and a £250 excess so not bad although i would still need to insure another car, Was alot cheaper the i expected thought it would be way over a grand for 360bhp+ :)

Might be worth giving Vince a call.. he's not on the forum too often! Too busy fitting VR6-Turbo's I believe! :)

Might be worth giving Vince a call.. he's not on the forum too often! Too busy fitting VR6-Turbo's I believe! :)

Theyre starting another one next week from what he was saying today.

Theyre starting another one next week from what he was saying today.

They sure are..... :)

And......

I'll do a proper update in the next few days. Picking it up again later today after having Racelogic Traction Control and a few other things done. see sig for a hint at results tho ;)

I've missed having it around so much!

Not to my knowledge. I think they only sell the kit 'installed'.

There's too much fabrication needed to fit the inter cooler and you'll most likely want a custom exhaust so I don't think they ended up offering the DIY kits. Let me know if you're interested in a whole car with it already installed though! ;)

I did think that someone would have mentioned it if they had become available,I did try to ring them today but must have been busy as no answer and poll250 the reason I was enquiring about a kit is that I quite fancy the challenge and experience of doing it me self(probably won't when If I got stuck and it's in bits though!)out of interest though feel free to pm what sort of money you would be looking at for yours though so I can weigh up a ready done one against the price of possibly doing it all to mine!

Arggg don't bump this the day before pay day haha !!

You know you want to :norty:

Nope. I'm the same as Jeff Cabbage, I would prefer to do it myself for the learning experience and to save money, but I'm thinking of upgrading to a MK5 as I want DSG in my life. Then I might turbo that :D

I did promise to upload some videos, so I'd better get recording :) Once my new gears are fitted anyway!

The VRT has completely shat on so many cars though :lol:

You got a GoPro or something Nick? I'd love to see some videos.

Kev - That's fair enough mate, I look forward to seeing that in action as well!