Sign in to follow this  
biggerbigben

US spec clear headlights...

Can we UK peeps get hold of these do you think? They are wicked, not bothered about them being LHD as I would only use them for shows etc. Would a UK dealer be able to order them? Could just get the clear lenses and suround??

What do you guys rekon?

Ben

Right, I'll get on the case. I've got a mate working in the US so I'll see how much they are, manybe we could get a few of us then it might be cheaper. I'll keep everyone updated!

Ben

AFAIK, from all the US Corrado owners I have spoken too they all hate their US-Spec headlights and most of them have changed them to euro-spec lights as apparently they are much brighter than theirs. The US guys will pay a premium for a set of UK or euro-spec lights, so reckon there are deals to be done if people are interested,

Cheers

BigTartanG60

My lights are already dim enough :roll:

They do look really nice though, much more modern looking

If you can buy just the lens, then that would provide the look without any loss of brightness...

Euro lights have the dip governed slightly by the patterning in the glass though (as I understand it), so you may find they won't be road-legal in the UK.

US stock headlights are worse then the Euro ones,

Just take a look at the corrado club of america site.

The ones above as foxhound says are euro lights.

So if they're euro light's why don't we see em round here?

And does that mean they're not legal to use in the US?

those are Ecodes, not U.S. spec lights. That is Bill S. old turbo VR6. My bet is if you guys bought new lenses, you get the look you are after :)

And yes as stated above, U.S. lights are horrible. That is why we upgrade to your stock Euro lights ;)

i think they look great!!

would well be up for a set.

if there not standard us spec what are these or are these a custom job??

or are they the same?

What lights are Bill's then?????? I bet they're not custom jobs, question is - where do they come from and what spec are they... I'll put my sherlock homes hat on and find out :!:

Like I say Kev, not sure, but I think there's a lot of beam pattern shaping done by the surface shape of the lens.

Take a look at the postition of the dipped element shield, it just deflects light away from the top half of the reflector dish. The angled beam of light on the left hand side of the road (for LHD) appears to be produced by the shaping of the lens, as far as I can see.