Sign in to follow this  
eugopnosaj

Serious window rattle! :(

Not sure if this should be interior or exterior but mods please move if necessary!

As the title states even if i open my window an inch there is serious rattle coming from it and besides it being REALLY annoying im worried this might do damage to the window or the mech...

Any ideas as to solve this, the window rubbers are also really s**t and don't clear condensation/water/snow off if i open it so i dont know if that has anything to do with it...

Cheers! Jay

hi mate you want to do exactly what you said in your post as first port of call change all window rubbers, do both sides while your at it.,then if that doesnt fix take the door skin off give the window a shake and see whats going on and report back.......... if you take the skin of the passanger door at same time you should be able to see of any differences

Mine rattled, i replaced the window lifter bushes.about £2 each, while doing this i found the lifter mechanism had broken its weld !

A spot of weld later,all cured ,no rattles and a super smooth window.Took about 45 mins, sorry dude i didnt take any pictures.

hi mate you want to do exactly what you said in your post as first port of call change all window rubbers, do both sides while your at it.,then if that doesnt fix take the door skin off give the window a shake and see whats going on and report back.......... if you take the skin of the passanger door at same time you should be able to see of any differences

Ok so now where do i get the rubbers :lol: also the skins dont appear to exist anymore....what would anyone advicethat i use to replace these with?

Mine rattled, i replaced the window lifter bushes.about £2 each, while doing this i found the lifter mechanism had broken its weld !

A spot of weld later,all cured ,no rattles and a super smooth window.Took about 45 mins, sorry dude i didnt take any pictures.

Lifter bushes eh i wouldn't know what they were nor where to get replacements :(

But thanks for the replies, if i can locate the parts will have a go at this tomorrow

Ah!! Been after the solution for the 'glass rattles when window is down' problem since.. forever. I think I need to go visit my stealers for a few pairs of those!

Thanks for the link!

That's a great solution to the old rattling window prob- looks really easy too 8)

You can use any thick polythene sheeting for the membrane. Just make sure it's stuck very thoroughly all the way around. The black sticky stuff is a nightmare, but works really well- think VW still do it? :shrug:

That's a great solution to the old rattling window prob- looks really easy too 8)

You can use any thick polythene sheeting for the membrane. Just make sure it's stuck very thoroughly all the way around. The black sticky stuff is a nightmare, but works really well- think VW still do it? :shrug:

Ill see if my dad has any he usually has random stuff like this lying around if not will purchase the ones dragon green posted

Just been trying to get to the bottom of my window rattle issues (been investigating for the last week!)

Look what i found!

img4001u.jpg

Basically the right side mount that is bonded to the window which slides up and down the guide/channel had come loose and just dropped to the floor! This explained why the rattle only occurred when the window was UP (as when it went down, the mount squished itself back to the window black blonding material. Drove me mad trying to figure out what was going on) :brickwall:

Here i pushed the mount up to look at it better.... obviously there is something missing - the window attached to it!

img4002j.jpg

Here you can see the mount as it should fit to the window

img4006k.jpg

Also whilst the doorcard was off i put some foam sheet behind the door handle pin which gave a slight knock as it was just hitting the metal skin. Got about 10 sheets of the stuff from poundland...for you guessed it ... a pound :norty: Just stick it on with the UHU super strong glue or some evostick contact adhesive...

img3998n.jpg

hope this helps someone else trying to find one of the many causes of window rattle in their Corrado!

H

Here i pushed the mount up to look at it better.... obviously there is something missing - the window attached to it!

img4002j.jpg

Here you can see the mount as it should fit to the window

img4006k.jpg

H

My drivers door window rattles a fair amount and its down to this particular part - the plastic slider on the RHS o the door. I just greased up the mech and replaced the outer window seal, so now the window slides very smoothly, but rattles! There seems to be too much clearance between the plastic slider and the vertical runner - is there anything that can be fitted on this, some felt covering or something similar?

Hi, I fixed my window rattle today and know exactly what it is. Your post assisted me in the finished result so thanks. The plastic clips slides up and down the slider, you've managed to get it on the runner and get smooth operation etc. The bit thats making the window rattle is at the bottom of the slider. If you put your hand in and feel if theres movement. If there is then glass vibrates against the slider. I just grip filled it back to the inner part of the door ensuring I didnt get any on the sides of the runner. Ideally a better product could have been used but I wanted to fix it today as I labelled today as the, '' ''Im fixing that bloddy window''! I even taped up the top of the door to make the gap tighter for the plastic strip that faces/touches the window. Also, corrected the cable slightly that came away from the yellow clip that you see when looking down between the glass cavity and the door.