biggerbigben

Biggerbigben - Golf sold.. another new project!

There goes another one.

As has been said in other threads recently it is only a car, and if you want to buy a house etc then that is up to you despite this obviously being a tough decision.

I am sure that you will take what you have learned from this project and only improve on it for your next car.

wow About turn!

seriously consider what you are doing, I know a house is important, but as the fat (sorry phat) one says, see how much difference per month its actually going to make in the grand scheme of things. it will probablies be less than you think.

I gaurantee you will regret it. Worst case, stick it in that lovely big posh garage at your parents and put a cover over it until you get yourself sorted. One of the reasons my car has took so long is that I like to pay for stuff only when I have the money for it. Makes the job slower (unless you are minted lol) but the net effect is the car has zero debt against it.

I know what you are both saying (Coxy+Phat) but I have so much cash tied up in the cars. All of which needs to be utilized in order to pay off debts/save for a house deposit. Its really annoying as I would love to own the corrado for another 10 years but the opportunity has arisen for purchasing a house. Something has to go and my Golf + Corrado are the luxury items that aren’t totally necessary. Coxy, due to the situation I was in when I started the project.. aka a student, there was no way I could build the car unless I went into debt. Even now while in full time employment I struggle to spend any cash on the car per month and as you all know these projects require a cash injection every so often! Thus why it’s taken me a year to get it on the road from the last ED38 show!

Looking positively at the situation, its not like I can’t do something similar again in the future. I’m just taking a break from it all and will probably buy a sensible passat tdi or something! Time will tell.

I’m looking to put a good advert together on the coupehaus.co.uk website sometime towards the end of next week. If you know of anyone that might be interested in buying this one off corrado then please let me know. I’ve had some interest thus far but I’m going to want as much as I can get for her and in all honestly I know I can get a good amount for it if I were to break it. I don’t want to do that but there are a lot of expensive components in that car that would still demand a reasonable sum.

Cheers

Ben

This is one of the top corrados I have ever seen.

If this was next year I would have this off you in a snap, but I am currently in the same position as you with a house.

I know this must be difficult for you but you should only feel proud that you have created SUCH a beautiful car. I remember admiring your car when I had a corrado, this was the car I always wanted.

Well done and this isnt the end, just gives you a bit of time to come up with your next creation!

Weird, I had a dream not long ago that I bought this :shock:

Well, all I can say is this is an awesome car, got to sit in the drivers seat at ed38, this car is effing awesome. Such a shame you're selling, but if it's towards a house then fair play to you. Best of luck with the sale mate :)

I think a lot pf people (on the forum) would LOVE to own this C, myself included. The worry is you get someone who would handover the cash without a clue as to whats gone into it, effort, creativity not to mention the blood sweat and tears. How much do you think you would get, out of curiosity?

Thanks guys. Appreciate the comments big time! Really want to keep it but trying to put my sensible hat back on :(

Cost - its worth what someones prepared to pay for it. I'm not going to give it away and breaking IS an option, but I would rather someone bought it whole, loved it.. perhaps put their own mark on it - Haldex, respray.. whatever!

Keeping on the subject of breaking. If any one seriously fancies the engine setup in their corrado **340bhp people!!!** (4cyl corrado's preferably, but would consider mk2/3's for an additional cost) then I may seriously consider doing an engine swap.. You drop me off the car and I'll convert it for you! Obviously a price will need to be negotiationed.. and spec.. (engine mounts, clutch etc). The car's FWD gearbox will be used also.

Interested? let me know.

First reaction: WTF - just 1000 miles of driving after near enough 4 years of effort! Too much blood has been spilt on that car to let some other bugger enjoy it. :twisted:

If things stay as they are, you'll make more on a house in a year, than you'll make selling the Corrado.

By the way, why is the webpage called "ben_for_sale"? :? :shock: If you're going to pimp anyone, I'd suggest you'll make more from your sister, going on the remarks a few pages back :-P :wink: !

well ben its sad to see it go,

I guess I will have to take the place of the 340 bhp corrado =-)

I finished mine today =-).

Its alive

hope to see yours in person one day, only 7000 miles away!

Ben mate i was in the same position 3 months ago and was considering selling it to fund my house purchase.

I decided to keep and i still have a 3 bed 3 storey house thats huge for my 1st house.

Point is you still can have both.

Dont know about your house you said the oppourtuinity has come up, but a new build sale you can practically move in for nothing with deposits paid etc and in a year it will have increased considerably in value.

In my book its all good, house and car.

Good luck with whatever you decide mete.

Simon

IHI G60, funny name you have got there,

my supercharger was made by IHI in japan =-), Im guessing thats where your turbo was made. anyway glad to hear you kept both, ben listen to this man!!!!

I guess i'll never understand until I do it myself but why get all this way after building a project car of this calibre and sell it?! Jay did the same.. its bloody confusing!

Seems all the hardcore engineers are gradually selling up and moving on!

I think you get to a point with modding where you can't carry on without either bankrupting yourself or getting bored.

Amazing car, you must be really proud of what you've done. I think the feature is spot saying this must be the best Corrado on the scene.

Nice work Ben, shame it's got to go. Someone's going to be a very lucky boy/girl. 8)

As long as it doesn't get Angel Eyes and Parking Sensors from the new owner lol