biggerbigben

Biggerbigben - Golf sold.. another new project!

Not at all, I'm sure there are plenty of people on here who would enjoy reading a thread about how you tackled the conversion, i.e. what you needed to change, what you kept, etc. I know I would :)

Here it is....

Excellent stuff. I've just read through the thread and am inspired. Keep us informed and well played :)

Well the MAP sensor has arrived from the land of Auz, so fingers crossed it will fire up tomorrow! Got the day off tomorrow to finish everything off, will be up at 5am to get cracking and hoping to arrive after rush hour tomorrow evening at the show!

See you all there!

Ben

Well the MAP sensor has arrived from the land of Auz, so fingers crossed it will fire up tomorrow! Got the day off tomorrow to finish everything off, will be up at 5am to get cracking and hoping to arrive after rush hour tomorrow evening at the show!

See you all there!

Ben

Excellent - that's a pretty commendable service from Haltech! 8)

Mark's car should have boost pipes by close of play tomorrow, so provided the wastegate solenoid is working, or can be made to work (it's the only ECU controlled item untested), we'll smoke our way up on Saturday morning....... though not as early as Mr 16vg60.

It'll be interesting to see your car in the flesh.

Is truely awesome

Ben that clutch had a strong smell, any chance of my Lynx Back LOL

chris

whooops, forgot about your deo ! :oops: :lol:

Cheers for the comment! :D Also really good to meet you..

Was an awesome weekend (Edition 38 show, 05) and enjoyed it soo much! I was glad to finally have the car at an event in an almost finished state.. Pretty tired as are most who camped I should think, nice to meet so many peeps! The show was my best UK show of all time, really was that good! So many quality cars and the atmostphere was A1 !

Here are a few pics I took of my car and other 'Coupehaus' cars! Haven't got any of the interior so please if you have a pic of it could you post it for all that missed the show.. cheers ..

Ben

Fantastic job Ben - as I said, I wasn't sure about it from the pics bit it works so well... Another quality car courtesy of the Forum...! ;)

You certainly caused a stir ben, that for sure! Well done.

Thanks Lee!! I was really suprised by

1, the extreme shocked faces of some people when they saw the interior,

2, the amount of people looking at it,

3, and the amount of times I was called a 'Nutter' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Was good to get it out of the garage! Had a good look around yours btw, very nice and well done for your win today!

Heh heh, great to see you and the beast at the show Ben :)

That interior really is nuts though! - The number of people scrabbling to have a look when you turned up in the middle of the night with it on a trailer has to say a lot ;)

Did you hear the E38 guy on the radio? "Hey guys, there's lots of people looking at a Corrado on a trailer - I'm gonna see what's up"..."WOW!! It's got...well, no, just come over here and take a look!!" :lol: 8)

That interior really is nuts though! - The number of people scrabbling to have a look when you turned up in the middle of the night with it on a trailer has to say a lot ;)

Did you hear the E38 guy on the radio? "Hey guys, there's lots of people looking at a Corrado on a trailer - I'm gonna see what's up"..."WOW!! It's got...well, no, just come over here and take a look!!" :lol: 8)

Agree with that

chris

Hahahaha, I was pretty blown away by that when I turned up on Friday! Was that really said by one of the E38 boys on the radio? :lol:

What can I say? thanks for those kind words! I can't get over the kind things people said about the interior! Nobody noticed the rest of the car, they were just looking at the interior, oh maybo the engine when I started it on a couple of occcasions 8) :D

Anyway, thanks Dom and nice to meet you! Was a funny weekend especially after a few beers were drunk! :D

On a different note, did anybody get a pic of me and my car on the stage on saturday btw? If you do could you post it.. also can someone post a pic or 2 of the interior as I haven't got any pics to hand ! :oops:

Fantastic job Ben - as I said, I wasn't sure about it from the pics bit it works so well... Another quality car courtesy of the Forum...! ;)

cheers dude ! 8)

Ben - what can I say other than, respect mate.

Although I have seen all the pics before, seeing the interior in the flesh was awesome. The amount of work that has gone into it is huge and the balls to do something so different is equally as impressive mate.

A credit to the CoupeHaus massive mate! :)

Jay - Fellow CoupeHaus founder.

Ben - what can I say other than, respect mate.

Although I have seen all the pics before, seeing the interior in the flesh was awesome. The amount of work that has gone into it is huge and the balls to do something so different is equally as impressive mate.

A credit to the CoupeHaus massive mate! :)

Jay - Fellow CoupeHaus founder.

Cheers mate that means alot from the person who stole both my awards today :D

No seriously, it was a good day and the cars were looking sweet! Now let the winter tick'er'ridge begin! 8)

I've had a look through the forums and I have found some pics of the interior/car from the weekend... so for the ones that didn't make the show...here you go :)

Does look very good. What is there left to do, asides from a re-map (to sort the emissions for an MOT), before it can go on the road? Incidentally, could you not skip the remap to get it MOT'd, by setting the Haltech to run in closed loop below a certain throttle opening - 2% or something of that order, just sufficient to ensure closed loop operation at the mot test points (revs)?

I heard the MAP sensor didn't fail as such, but that the shonky Haltech connector screwed up! We soldered all the conenctions on Mark's car for that very reason - we didn't trust the crimps one bit!

Incidentally you must have got a fairly good base map for your car, as I heard your car goes like stink, whereas Mark's is as flat as a fart - it's majorly retarded, consequently boosting at a miserable 30kPa, and darn sluggish. A bit of a let down really, and it certainly secures future business for Jabba!

Roll on a re-map, for both cars!

the only thing i'm not keen on is the headlamp intake, otherwise its a jaw dropping creation and a real credit to the hard work and late nigths that must've gone into it, well done ben, it looks amazing.