biggerbigben

Biggerbigben - Golf sold.. another new project!

Can't see the new vids :(

But it's great that it's being driven, love to see this :D

Nice one Ben! My only critisism is that your wipers need moving down in the parked position ;)

Sounds great in the vids 8)

Always liked the thinking behind this and the end result is awesome, love the subtlety o the exterior and the madness of the interior

Thanks all! I just grabbed my sister, plonked a camera in her hand and went for it.. she said she got a little scared but found it fun at the same time... kinda like a fast roller coaster type feeling ;-)

Glad you lot liked them.. I must admit I love driving it! Just wish I had 5th and much less throw on the shifter.. Think I might mod and fit a mk4 shifter as apparently they are a lot better.

Was half way through fitting the alarm so sorry if you spotted the wires hanging out ..everywhere.. and the lack of door car on the passengers side .. its "work in progress" hehehe.

Aiming to get it tip top for E38 weekend.

Phil K,

I have a little movment in the mech mate, so the wipers get pushed up the screen to that position when you're going fast.. ;-).. They are just on my long list of things I need to sort!

I just grabbed my sister, plonked a camera in her hand and went for it.. she said she got a little scared but found it fun at the same time...

I think we've all been there...

I just grabbed my sister, plonked a camera in her hand and went for it.. she said she got a little scared but found it fun at the same time...

I think we've all been there...

With Ben's sister? Is this another forum thing I'm missing out on? :lol:

Seriously mate, that's some nice work... I wish I had the confidence to go all out on a conversion like yours!

very nice... like the jungle of wires coming out of the centre console ;) and why are the wipers half way up the screen?

any idea on the power then? i havent followed the whole thread... is it a tuned s3 engine?

very nice... like the jungle of wires coming out of the centre console ;) and why are the wipers half way up the screen?

any idea on the power then? i havent followed the whole thread... is it a tuned s3 engine?

Jungle of wires are mainly alarm wires.. haven't finished installing it yet.

Wipers are halfway up the screen because the mech has a bit of play.. need to fix that.

And power is 340bhp. Its an AGU engine with IHI.

oh yeah ... and your screen is filthy... you could do with a good valeter ;)

By all mean come over and show me how its done.. hehehehe ;-)

No seriously. I might book you in for a full interior valet and polish on the outside for the E38 show... ??

hey ben just watched mate absolute quality looks so bloody good inside too!

Thank you Andy! Do you know out of the whole interior the only items that don't squeek are the dash and front door cards.. bloody OEM bits are so noisy! :lol:

Mate it flies to say the least.. but dare I say it..... I think I'm getting used to the power already!!! Gulp... :oops:

oh and show of appreciation for the sister / camera gal for the day

sister.jpg

look like she had fun?!? :)

340bhp... nice.. IHI is the ceramic turbo isnt it? do you have the haldex 4wd or is it a better system from a golf ralye or something? Im running 260bhp and that feels pretty quick as it is. cant imagine wat yours must be like! well done!

As for E38. i have actually had a few requests but unfortunately im away :(