-=Kris=-

Yey, new sprinter mag!

I got mine on Saturday too. Top read Jim, you can tell a lot of effort has gone into it.

Was funny reading Kip's article on the paintwork he had done. The sprayers are nice blokes though, even after all that went off in the article he still seems to like you Kip! Although I wonder if he was dreading doing another Corrado when I pulled up and said Kip recommended you! :D

what did you have done Sam??

I got mine on Saturday too. Top read Jim, you can tell a lot of effort has gone into it.

Was funny reading Kip's article on the paintwork he had done. The sprayers are nice blokes though, even after all that went off in the article he still seems to like you Kip! Although I wonder if he was dreading doing another Corrado when I pulled up and said Kip recommended you! :D

what did you have done Sam??

I'd rather not say how I did it but I gained a crease in the bonnet and there were the usual stone chips on the bonnet, also had a few knicks out of the bumper. I think there were two 5p sized chucks of paint missing. Also had a few scratches sorted on the rear bumper and dints removed from the rear panel inbetween the vw and Corrado badge are located (the sprayer said they are normally caused by people bouncing shopping bags into it with tins of beans in them as they place the bags into the boot, which sounded a reasonable explanation). He also did the top of the drivers sill for us as the guy who had the car before apparently had a limp so I can only assume used to put his foot on the sill as he was getting in and out and rubbed all the paint off it.

They were quite reasonable in their pricing for what they did, and the job still looks good now, although unfortunately the car hasnt seen any polish since last year with all the other work its had done and with my other project, so quite looking forward to seeing it all buffed up again when the weather gets a bit better. They did say they liked to spray as little as possible though to keep as much original as possible.

Ah bugger, I've moved house and won't be getting my copy!

Who do I notify?

Send an email to the corradoclub website or do it old style with post to the PO BOX, full address also on the website under the contact us section I think :)

Did the foilage cover seal replacement, and replaced the clips on the lower windscreen panel today(Think i found half a trees leaves hidden away in there lol!! and also replaced my noisy motor for a brand new one and also a brand new resistor pack, no noisy bearings now :D Thanks for the write up Yan

Anyone who thinks they cant do it you can hardest part was trying to release the clips that were on the scuttle cover :bad-words:

Cheers

Jon

Well another epic effort of Jim's is about to hit the doormat so watch this space.

Keep the articles coming too please as without them there cant be a magazine. ;)

Kip.

I'll be emailing it to the printers this weekend :)

Whhheee new mag on the doorstep when I got back from my ride today :) looks like a really superb effort Jim and looking forward to a good read later! :)

I'll be emailing it to the printers this weekend :)

Whhheee new mag on the doorstep when I got back from my ride today icon_smile.gif looks like a really superb effort Jim and looking forward to a good read later! icon_smile.gif

[video=youtube;h-LbvFckptY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-LbvFckptY

Edited by Alex_G60_Fanatic

Good stuff :) I got the box of surplus issues delivered earlier this week and was wondering when they'd start landing at folks houses :)

The wife phoned me to say mine was delivered today looking forward to getting home from work for a read.

Thanks a lot Jim

Hope it's worth the wait. I promise the next issue won't be so far away!

Mine turned up today, I've had a quick look through it but am saving it for bed time reading. Night all I'm off to bed :)

Jim as always, a sterling effort, well done :)

Why is it called Sprinter? I thought Mercedes vans were called Sprinter, or is it a mag for the motorsport of sprinting on short circuits?

Why is it called Sprinter? I thought Mercedes vans were called Sprinter, or is it a mag for the motorsport of sprinting on short circuits?

the word corrado (meaning jet stream or wind current) is derived from the Spanish words "Correr" which is the verb to run or Sprint

Ok thanks, a bit of depth to the title then :)

If I'd looked at one of my Corrado brochures I wouldn't have needed to ask. The red car in the Aug 1990 brochure looks great, hard to believe I've had the brochure 21 years

Edited by Pug Boxter

Nice work Jim it looks great going to read it tomorrow but sterling work my friend it looks very good.

Oh and there are some handsome chaps in there too I see ;)

Got mine today too, thanks Jim, an excellent read as always.

Andy I think you may need to write an updated article for the next issue ...

Got mine today too, thanks Jim. Looks like a bumper edition - will take ages just to read Andy's article (car no:4 looks stunning) - some famous last words in that article eh!