Rams

Rotrex Charged Storm: She's Gone!

80 mm will probably be too much but it depends on your mods and cooling. I bought a new 90 mm pulley as my charger came with an 80mm to lower the boost.

Once he knew I had change the rod bolts and head bolts and the engine spacer he felt more comfortable. I could do with some extra forms of cooling.

The sound today was just incredible, it was ridiculously loud!

Im going to be using a chargecooler and hopefully a forged engined. (Depends how my budget stands) otherwise it will be rebuilt with bolts and spacer.

But if I'm honest I was only thinking of 80mm as I didn't think 90mm would produce so much boost. I may be interested in your 80mm in the future if you don't use it though.

You may find me bugging you a lot with questions in the new future but I'm loving the work and I'm very interested in seeing the final product and power output!

Im going to be using a chargecooler and hopefully a forged engined. (Depends how my budget stands) otherwise it will be rebuilt with bolts and spacer.

But if I'm honest I was only thinking of 80mm as I didn't think 90mm would produce so much boost. I may be interested in your 80mm in the future if you don't use it though.

You may find me bugging you a lot with questions in the new future but I'm loving the work and I'm very interested in seeing the final product and power output!

If your going forge engine and charge cooler then stick with the 80mm I'd say, that's what bobbys ran. Big power! If your going down the route I took with spacer/rod/head bolts and a fully sorted cooling and oil system then 90mm will be more than ample.

Happy to have a go at answering any questions you have.

The new water temperature sensor was fitted today so that's one item off the fault code list, the lambda said intermittent fault but when he looked at it calculating/adapting he said its working fine. The battery displayed low voltage, on the run which he said normally happens when you disconnect the ecu which he did earlier but it it appeared on the run. Plus the obd2 port needs sorted ASAP. I was a bit embarrassed when he said the port is not working which was the first thing he went to! Typically replied its been working before. I need to go back through the thread and find the wires which control the port and see what's going on.

I've got so much excess wiring behind the fuse board I'm contemplating removing the loom altogether and brake servo and labelling what's connected now and deleting everything redundant and re wrapping the loom. It will be neater and tighter that way. Then I may as well remove the dash again as the trimmer needs to fix something and he needs it out of the car to work on the section towards the back. Maybe a challenge to do it before I return to Stealth?!

Taking the high lights of today at least, Vince says, can I have the keys? Yeah sure, tried to explain the immobiliser and he said he will be fine and was off to the car, I said to my friend, looking at him through the big window, will he be able to get in? He then tried pushing the fob remote and then turned round and laughed whilst were watching him. Obviously no door handles but it was quite amusing.

Thanks for all the support chaps,

Shame about the maf mate but some good figures on the cards, might be up near my prediction? Did you mention to vince at all about mine and how his map on mine has forced you into the charged world ;)

Hopefully it will all be smooth running for the next trip in April :)

That's very impressive with a knackered maf. Bet you can't wait to get it all finished- nearly there! 8)

How did mine look Jim?

It looked like a Corrado mate! ;) I didn't nose around the other cars too much beyond noticing they were all Storms in there - was chatting to Jon & Vince whilst they were working on my car so..

Sorry mate, I just glanced over at all the cars, it was early and didn't get much sleep before and arrived a bit jaded plus all the cars were being moved about to make way for mine so I made sure I was out of the way. I only went into the main area a few times just to have a quick chat and back again. I just didn't want to be in his way.

It was nice to see an array of nice Storms/vr's ready for treatment

Sorry mate, I just glanced over at all the cars, it was early and didn't get much sleep before and arrived a bit jaded plus all the cars were being moved about to make way for mine so I made sure I was out of the way. I only went into the main area a few times just to have a quick chat and back again. I just didn't want to be in his way.

It was nice to see an array of nice Storms/vr's ready for treatment

No worries mate you had more important things to worry about

New MAF fitted and she is running better, I'm not convinced mine was correct to begin with as I bought it second hand when I did the obd2 conversion. Either way, we should be all set for Stealth for the 11th.

Also removed and refitted exhaust as it has a slight leak in 2 different boxes so sounds nice and sealed now.

Will be trying to fix some wiring bits on the fuse board this weekend and re routing some cables for the stereo.

Also noticed what seems like rust marks on the Jetex exhaust system, anyone else noticed this on theirs?

That's just a bit of surface corrosion it won't be deep and should come off quite easily.

No worries mate you had more important things to worry about

What you having done mate?

Roll on the 11th eh Ramsey? will be a beast this one!

Pulled the dash out today, wasn't too bad at all, going to take it back to the trimmer and get a part fixed.

Will then re wire all the components properly and neatly and sort out the wiring behind the fuse board. I've been putting it off for about a year but tried installing my boost gauge and just got carried away and thought its now or never. Going to re wrap everything and label it all up.

Question is, to I remove the wiring loom and take out what's needed and re wrap it all to try and neaten it all up with cable ties etc? The master cylinder was a nightmare to even move last time we tried.

While your there mate can you pull them nice recaros out and ill come pick them up sometime? haha

Like the way you just pull out the dash like its an easy job looking good though fella planning on any shows this year?

What did you find best to get to the hidden bolts behind the scuttle? I'm doing this tomorrow and I'm kinda going in blind having never done it before, but remember reading the two behind the scuttle are a bitch to get at!

While your there mate can you pull them nice recaros out and ill come pick them up sometime? haha

Like the way you just pull out the dash like its an easy job looking good though fella planning on any shows this year?

Once you've done it once and know where all the screws and bolts are its quite straight forward. I seriously just went to look at the gauge install and typically got carried away.

I hope to be attending a few shows, not sure which ones as I've just got planning permission to create a bungalow after 6 long years of battling with the council.

My drivers seat does feel a bit loose in the track, rocks up a tiny bit, passenger one doesn't do it. Have you been gradually undoing the bolts Jon? Lol. Maybe the plastic clip has moved or something.

The trimmer is ready tomorrow to receive the dash, I can also give him the under trays so he can adjust them to fit, currently the passenger under tray doesn't sit nicely with the centre dash where you have the 2 screws. He's never had it all together in one go before.

R u attending a few shows this year in your machine?

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

What did you find best to get to the hidden bolts behind the scuttle? I'm doing this tomorrow and I'm kinda going in blind having never done it before, but remember reading the two behind the scuttle are a bitch to get at!

There a guide on the Canadian forum which shows some pictures of the 2 locations. The first one is just by the wiper motar arm, where the 2 plastics join for the scuttle. It's just to the right of the join and not not that far back. The second is closer to the ecu, again, to the right of the ecu. Feel with your hand and get a 10 mm socket with a small extension and put that on the nut first, then connect your ratchet. All mine had new nuts and had been copper slipped. The matrix rad screws to bulk head were a joke if your planning to replace the core?

Just take your time with them and don't get too stressed. If your dash hasn't been out before and you've had a new windscreen fitted or replaced, the glue can stick to the bottom of the dash. The first time I removed mine I took out every nut and screw and it just felt like more screws were holding it together. Checked the guide and re checked it and then just had to force it out and all the glue had bonded itself making it a right pain in the you know where! Hopefully you won't have this problem.

Hi guys

I'm back up at Stealth Racing today, left at 6 am and steady journey up, not going over 3k revs.

Vince has been working his magic, the new MAF I fitted is working, the car was re mapped with the new MAF and produced 312 BHP. We then turned the meth injection on and he then had to re adjust the fuelling etc but were now at 332.4 BHP! Amazed!

He then stopped for lunch and said he will carry on with light throttle loads etc and do a final finish. I've taken a small video of one of the runs and will upload later.

Can't wait to drive it now!

Cheers chaps, just home now and I've enjoyed every minute of the drive home! When Vince finished he said take it for a spin, so I went down the road sensibly as there was traffic, pulled in, then back out onto a clear stretch of road, spun 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4 whilst trying to back off and it just felt like a new animal was born under there!

Obviously it was wet and roads were really slippery so haven't been able to use the power properly but tonight I'm going out to play.

Just so pleased with the noise and power but I need better traction. Fitting the RH's this weekend which should help transmit some of that power down over the sixteens.

This graph was Craig's and my graph as he said let's bring it up to compare things

I'm glad you have got it all going bud, looking forward to seeing this video.

Sounds absolutely awesome I need to stop reading this thread until I've saved up all the funds I need to get the rest of the parts I need.

Have you got an LSD to help you put those ponies down? It is it still spinning through a trick diff?

Sounds absolutely awesome I need to stop reading this thread until I've saved up all the funds I need to get the rest of the parts I need.

Have you got an LSD to help you put those ponies down? It is it still spinning through a trick diff?

I didn't fit the Quaife diff as yet, I wanted to see how everything went and when I replace the engine down the line for a forge one I will perhaps look at it then.

Need to do some up to date research on traction really, there no point having more in front wheel drive in my opinion as you can nail starts or get power down if the roads are slightly wet and torque steer is just major. 3rd gear last night, planted it on slight bend on dual carriage way and it completely started to aim for the pavement! I wasn't expecting that! Neither was my passenger when he scream ****!!

A racing instructor was steering me away from the Quaife and actually told me one of the cars he's reaching in this class is a Corrado! Not sure if there's 2 different types of Quaife but he seemed to think they're not ideal. Need to pull him up again on why exactly.

I was actually a touch nervous at how the car handles the power, it needs getting used to as before you could plant your foot and be ready and the VR woke up nearing 4k revs, now its just alive from the off more or less.

You'll love it when you do yours! I promise you

---------- Post added at 1:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:52 PM ----------

I didn't fit the Quaife diff as yet, I wanted to see how everything went and when I replace the engine down the line for a forge one I will perhaps look at it then.

Need to do some up to date research on traction really, there no point having more in front wheel drive in my opinion as you can't nail starts in the dry or get power down if the roads are slightly wet and torque steer is just major. 3rd gear last night, planted it on slight bend on dual carriage way and it completely started to aim for the pavement! I wasn't expecting that! Neither was my passenger when he scream ****!!

A racing instructor was steering me away from the Quaife and actually told me one of the cars he's reaching in this class is a Corrado! Not sure if there's 2 different types of Quaife but he seemed to think they're not ideal. Need to pull him up again on why exactly.

I was actually a touch nervous at how the car handles the power, it needs getting used to as before you could plant your foot and be ready and the VR woke up nearing 4k revs, now its just alive from the off more or less.

You'll love it when you do yours! I promise you