Sign in to follow this  
Jim

More insurance grumbling....

Just had my renewal through from Norton (Heritage Classic) insurance for £184 which includes an agreed value of £5k, £50 excess and optional legal cover of £17.50, so potentially £166.50 :D :D This includes thier brokerage charge of £20, so how much are other companies making?

I tried getting a similar policy for the Golf and the price more than double :scratch:

My renewal from Privilege for stock G60, 6k miles pa, £500 excess, 6yrs NCB, value £1500 was £330. Used compare the market, got same deal for £198 from Performance Direct. Well chuffed...

Just got my renewal through from direct line, i'm 26 with 6y NCD. last year i got £550 fully comp on my VR, opened my renewal letter......£1200! absolutely nothing has changed apart from getting older and more NCD!

I rang them today and they said that because of the bad winter there were a lot more claims than usual so they basically didn't rake in as much as they normally do so they have changed all their ratings. they are screwing over anyone under 30 and anyone with high insurance group cars to make their money back and i luckily fall into both of those groups! i've tried the comparison websites and they are all the same.

I'm forced to put it in the garage and get a 1.0l to run around in until they come down again!

Not happy!

Please try our scheme!

If any broker underwrites your policy through Markerstudy, be warned - http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews123837.html

Apparently my mate's policy through Brentacre is with those guys, so if mine renews with them, they can shove it. Highway are bad enough (and they ARE bad with claims), but they sound truly awful.

Just got my renewal through from direct line, i'm 26 with 6y NCD. last year i got £550 fully comp on my VR, opened my renewal letter......£1200! absolutely nothing has changed apart from getting older and more NCD!

I rang them today and they said that because of the bad winter there were a lot more claims than usual so they basically didn't rake in as much as they normally do

Shop around mate, don't listen DL's horseschitt excuses. Proper insurance companies are supposed to use the money they rake in from premiums to cover the cost of accidents, not purely for padding out their profits with. They are becoming more and more like banks every day. Every year they announce huge profits and every year they furnish us with the same old bullschitt excuses about claims and uninsured drivers being on the rise. It's just a license for them to charge us what the hell they like. We shouldn't have to pay for other people's mistakes, or feed their greed.

I rang them today and they said that because of the bad winter there were a lot more claims than usual so they basically didn't rake in as much as they normally do so they have changed all their ratings.

That's ridiculous. Time to dump them and go elsewhere... robbing bastards.

:lol: Just ran the rado through compare the market, with all mods declared, not a single company will touch it!! Brilliant! :cuckoo: Looking forward to that conversation later in the year then... its only an R32 for gods sake :tongue: .

That was a couple of years ago before the new format, things may have improved since. It searched for about 30 minutes and then crashed with system error and an apology :D

Direct Line will be getting my business again, despite the fact the premium is up £37 on last year.

Unmodified Storm, I'm 30 years old, 7 years NCD (unprotected), no points, 5k per annum, 2nd car discount (missus insures her Ka with them) and put the missus on as a named driver.

Total damage £252.00 with an extra 10% if I want to pay monthly. Brentacre were very honest and said there was no way they could get anywhere near.

Just a bit gutted as it was £216 last year.

Interestingly, it seems that every time I pass a landmark insurance birthday, the insureres tell me it won't start to really save you money until the next one (got to 21 - "You'll start saving at 25", got to 25 - "You'll start saving at 30", just passed 30 - "Well it isn't until you're 35 that you'll really see the benefit").

the fact that insurance goes up every year, and that different companies compete for different kinds or amounts of business at different times of the year anyway means that the price you get charged will always vary by more than any nominal age threshold discount they give you.

like you I didnt notice any difference at 25 or 30 either but you only have to read this thread to see the amounts of difference other factors make.

Interestingly, it seems that every time I pass a landmark insurance birthday, the insureres tell me it won't start to really save you money until the next one (got to 21 - "You'll start saving at 25", got to 25 - "You'll start saving at 30", just passed 30 - "Well it isn't until you're 35 that you'll really see the benefit").

:lol: that is so true

I have a trade policy so different to the others, but for a year on year price comparison its fairly interesting..

Last year i paid £425 for third party only, no fire or theft. thats covering any car i drive for business use and up to 5 cars for personal use.

I am covered for bikes and high performance too.

this year i was expecting a rise to around £500-£550 due to everyones prices rising, however my renewal has just come back at £403!