VR6

Bad Salesman & Bad Buyer Thread

I'd just like to apologise to the guys at Strictly Dubs for the negative post I made some weeks back regarding a set of calipers I got off them last year.

A combination of factors including the length of time it takes f*cking DHL to get their fingers out tipped me over the edge so I vented my misdirected anger on the E38 and corrado forums! :angry:

I've just spoken to Si on the phone, who was very helpful and sorted out the issue for me, thanks mate.

Again, sorry guys *hangs head in shame*

Jamie.

Jamie, many thanks for calling and sorting this out, payment sent via paypal just now.

If you need anything in the future just give us a shout.

Simon

SD

Right, I'm not normally the type of person to kick up a fuss, but here goes...

I went to a meet at the beginning of January at a pub in Milton Keynes with a few of the guys off here, including one very special member - vwdeviant. He took a couple of parts off me, namely a drilled airbox, green cotton filter and an early heater control panel for the princely sum of just £30.

At the end of the meet he said that he didn't have the cash on him and he offered to drive to the nearest cashpoint to get the cash. I had to decline as my lift (mic_vr) needed to get back to Cambridge, so said that he could send me the cash in the post....which I stipulated to be sent recorded delivery.

Well, it is now the beginning of April, so I make it 4 months. Now I don't think the post is that bad, is it? Apparently he sent it normal post within a week, which didn't arrive. He then said that he would send it again (without any annoyance at the first £30 having gone missing ). So again I waited and waited. Then I asked again. Nothing. And I waited and waited. Then magically he texts me on Saturday asking for my address which I've now supplied 3 times.

So to put it bluntly Jon, I'm fcuking pi$$ed off. 4 months for £30. How difficult is it to get to a Post Office?

Might be worth trying to get hold of him on E38 dude, he hasnt been on here since 17th March :eek:

Might be worth trying to get hold of him on E38 dude, he hasnt been on here since 17th March :eek:

Yeah, funny that, isn't it! :mad:

Who sends cash via Royal Mail too (they won't insure it)

Even if he doesn't have a bank account he should be able to pay cash straight into your over the counter... (with your details of course)

Hope you get it sorted but this has been noted by the mods - the Gimp is currently dealing with the member formally known as Jimmi but when he's finished I will send him onto his next task....

Have you tried him on there fella?

Have you tried him on there fella?

To be honest, I'm at the end of my tether. I've spoken to him over text a couple of times, once on Saturday and before, tried calling but never answered. I never had a problem with him before, and he was a mate, but you don't treat your mates like this, do you?? Or am I being naive? It's not that he doesn't reply to me, its just he doesn't do what he says he's going to. Every time.

tbh, I've met Jon at the Oxford meet and he seemed a nice enough guy. He's been moaning at me a few weeks ago about getting the ABS sensors off the ex-Danny Allen shell we cut up, so i've been holding them back but had no contact from him so I think i'lm just gonna sell them on :shrug:

WTF is an 'Ex-Danny Allen' shell? :scratch:

Does every car that gets broken get named after it's previous owner then? :lol: :wink:

WTF is an 'Ex-Danny Allen' shell? :scratch:

Does every car that gets broken get named after it's previous owner then? :lol: :wink:

LOL, it's just a point of reference, so when I talk about cutting up a shell people know which one I mean.

Although due to the pure fact that I have cut up a corrado, I guess EVERYONE will forever more know who I am and what I did :cuckoo: :sad: :pale: :cry: :shrug: :eek: :nono: :lol:

He's been quite quick in the past when mentioning this thread when other people have been selling things, and mentioning froum rules in peoples for sale threads, statrst to smack of double standards now...

Ive also been having problems with VWDeviant over my 16V front Disks and Pagid pads which i gave to one of his friends to pass onto him. He has recieved them but he still hasnt paid up. And again, as above has sent me a message saying ill get the money sent out to you tommorrow, (which was over a week ago now), and it still hasnt turned up. Ive got his mobile if anybody else wishes to contact him. failing that ill be paying him a visit as soon as the VR is fixed. NOT happy, i know its only £50 but you dont expect this from a regular forum member and somebody who you chat to on MSN rather frequently.

Ive also been having problems with VWDeviant over my 16V front Disks and Pagid pads which i gave to one of his friends to pass onto him. He has recieved them but he still hasnt paid up. And again, as above has sent me a message saying ill get the money sent out to you tommorrow, (which was over a week ago now), and it still hasnt turned up. Ive got his mobile if anybody else wishes to contact him. failing that ill be paying him a visit as soon as the VR is fixed. NOT happy, i know its only £50 but you dont expect this from a regular forum member and somebody who you chat to on MSN rather frequently.

You have GOT to be joking? :bad-words:

it could be worse it could be 80.00 worth of goods+10.00postage when someone decides to scrimp on the postage and send the goods via regular post instead of recorded :salute: the receipt came the next day,i think theres a lesson to be learned mr postman :clown:

you dont expect this from a regular forum member and somebody who you chat to on MSN rather frequently.

I've just re-read your post, and this sounds very familiar. I used talk to him a lot on MSN too. He's not been online at all recently....should have twigged then...

I've sent VWdeviant a PM on E38, asking him if he'd mind logging on here and addressing this thread.

I've sent VWdeviant a PM on E38, asking him if he'd mind logging on here and addressing this thread.

I'd just text him to tell him about this too...

Surely it doesnt matter if its £10 or £100, its the principle of the matter.

Indeed it is the principle of the matter. And the fact that you are supposedly mates :scratch:

it could be worse it could be 80.00 worth of goods+10.00postage when someone decides to scrimp on the postage and send the goods via regular post instead of recorded :salute: the receipt came the next day,i think theres a lesson to be learned mr postman :clown:

yeah thats true too, but being a postman i know the value of a little orange sticker on an item. and its valued at Feck all. send me a recorded item and ill recieve it and bet you the £90 you wont get a signature....oh and recorded items have no more insurance than a standard packet, its just the fact that you get proof that the person has signed for it the other end, maybe this was the case? as the item didnt require a signature maybe you did recieve it and are just trying to get it for free? :wink:

I agree with Dan on the recorded issue, i have come home to find my needs a signature delivery sat in my outhouse waiting for me with no signature, whilst the letterbox card says tried to deliver needs a signature, they left it anyway.

Whilst other providers/couriers always get them signed.

I'd just text him to tell him about this too...

Quick update, he replied to say that he can't log in at the moment, but, that's not exactly stopping him from ringing either of you...