Sign in to follow this  
Yandards

Australian Grand Prix

I haven't watched it yet. Don't give anything away!

I haven't, just that it is worth watching.. :)

I haven't, just that it is worth watching.. :)

I know, but I just thought I'd say that before anyone else comes on here and does. :nono: :lol:

don't read the post then and get up earlier in future. :lol:

Really enjoyed that.

gotta love a bit of rain.

Just watched the highlights.. looks like F1 got some of its mojo back!

don't read the post then and get up earlier in future. :lol:

Really enjoyed that.

gotta love a bit of rain.

You b*stard! Now I know that it rained! :bad-words: :lol:

Trust me, getting up earlier is never an option for me. :sleeping:

100% improvement on the first race, I think they should have sprinkler systems on all the tracks, easy way to spice up the boring races :grin: also well done Button for having the balls to come in early :salute:

Alguersuari made me happy for most of the race, was a shame that vettel went out but great result for Button!!!

To be fair, I don't think his off near the end of the race was his fault.. watching the video I'd have put the blame for that onto Webber.

Awesome race. Go Massa! :D

Was heartwarming to hear Hamilton blaming everyone else at the end of the race. :roll:

He had a point and he did drive his heart out.I was suprised he came in and he was definitely caught by webber.

Redbull again fail to get vettell across the line. :) Only a matter of time though

Interesting to listen martin whitmarshs comments about the redbull being able to run so low down in qualifying conditions.

I was expecting more of a response from people.

I understood that active suspensions was a no no.

Have redbull come out and denied it?

Yes Redbull have gauranteed theres no such device on their car, but who knows. Would be interesting if there was, after Redbull boss put a 'complaint' into the FIA about the mod Mclaren had :roll:

The Oz race was an absolute spectical, i thoroughly enjoyed it. Shame Hamilton didnt get on the podium to be honest and seemed genuinly upset that he was brought in and also the little shunt from Webber (which he apologised about after the race) - but i suppose these things happen. Never really rated button but have to say he drove a fantastic race and deserved the win. Alonso did well to get as far as he did from the back. Massa.. well tbh i think he should have let Alonso pass imo.

Roll on Malaysia! :cheers:

Alonso was quicker,alot quicker but I don't think massa should let him pass.Two races in let them race fair and square.

Yup roll on next week. :D

Oh and congrats to button a very intelligent brave race.

He could of looked quite the fool but he took the gamble.All the races aren't going to be like this but if we get a couple more like this then i'll be happy.

I did enjoy it but I suspect as soon as we get a dry race with no safety cars and none of the faster drivers getting out of position early on will result in a very dull race.

Some really great drives, Button for making a good choice and taking some good overtakes on when it mattered, Kubica for bringing home 2nd in a car that is mid-field at best, Alonso for managing to work his way back through the field and Hamilton for showing some great pace.

I do suspect Alonso is going to be the guy to win it this year, he is being very composed and seems comfortable at Ferrari, Vetel is bloody quick but they still seem to have some big reliability issues in that team.

As for Red Bulls ride height, current suspicions seem to be that they are abusing the regulation that allows you to re-gas the dampers post qualifying. Ferrari are also reported to have a ride height device but it's been quoted as being 'mechanical and very obvious'. If this is the case then it's clear the 2 fastest teams on the grid are getting some serious time out of such set-ups. This seems to be backed up by in race pace, neither Ferrari or Red Bull can carry the same sort of performance difference they get in qualifying into a race.

Brilliant race and so different from Bahrain.

Overtaking, team tactics, rain and some brilliant overtaking.

Well done Button.

I think the first time I have seen Hamilton really mad with his team, his radio commentary when he realised the others were not coming in again to change tyres - was stunning.

Shame Webber butted him off so close to the end, but also shame for Webber, he really is jinxed at his Home GP.

What about Michael in 10th - I bet the scowl has only deepened since Bahrain now !!!!

Ok, so he came in for a new nose cone after the incident on the first lap, but the circuit was wet and certainly damp which is normally his terrority and he was not making up ground. I loved it when some of the what are considered back makers were not intimated by him and fought back when he tried overtaking.

Hope the season continues like this. :D

I loved it when some of the what are considered back makers were not intimated by him and fought back when he tried overtaking.

I agree Alguersauri was fantastic! :lol:

Well that was much better!

Button clearly demonstrated that the more smoothly you drive, the closer you can safely run near the edge. :D

Pity about Vettel and Webber - but it never pays to drive too closely! :lol:

Brilliant race, Button has really laid down the gauntlet to Hamilton. Was brilliant to see such close racing, even if the weather did have a lot to do with it.

Buttons decision to come in for slicks was inspired. I did feel a little sorry for Lewis though, Webber to me seems a little too "enthusiastic" a lot of the time, and it cost Lewis dearly.

Roll on next Sunday!!

Yep, that was more like it - few crashes and a few good overtakes...

Made even better by SniffPetrol's 'twitter' comentary - or Twattery as he calls it :lol:

"Every time Hamilton makes an error it's becuase he's momentarily remembered a Pussycat Doll's BOOBS. Which he has seen. Fact!"

Yep, that was more like it - few crashes and a few good overtakes...

Made even better by SniffPetrol's 'twitter' comentary - or Twattery as he calls it :lol:

"Every time Hamilton makes an error it's becuase he's momentarily remembered a Pussycat Doll's BOOBS. Which he has seen. Fact!"

Damn forgot about that, was going to have it on for this race as I had only read the new Sniff the day before.

So Button came in for Slicks very early and they were fine for the whole race, but Hamilton's slicks went on much later, and they'd "gone off" when he caught the Ferraris? Yeah right. He just couldn't get past them and blamed it on other people. What a girl.

Was a good race, much better than the previous one. But Button won by default. If Vettle hadn't slid off the track, I don't think the Cadburys Buttons would have got past him tbh.

And that's how it is with F1 these days. If you get in front, you stay in front, unless mechanical failure or driver error dictate otherwise. Where's the skill and fun in that? :shrug:

Was a good race but I agree no SC or rain and it could have been very difficult. I felt robbed watching when Hamilton hunted down Alonso and then just seemingly hit the turbulent brick wall, that’s the fundamental problem with F1 right there.

Well done to Button, he could have still beaten Vettel if he hadn’t gone of when he put the new tyres on, which yes was a mistake but then he just got on with the job without letting it faze him. Everyone thought Hamilton would trounce Button this year (me included TBH) but I think that the calmer more experienced Button has a thing or two to teach Hamilton looking at the evidence on show there. Calm down Lewis, you arent doing yourself any favours at the moment.

Was interesting to hear how many people said Bahrains boring anyway, if that is the case year after year, why do they still race there! Well we all know the reason really but it’s a joke imo.

Bahrain has always been a good race imo. But with them lengthening it and with the cars carrying more fuel had an adverse affect on that race. Plus the wide track does it no favours.

I do agree all these aerodynamics seemed to prevent Hamilton moving up the field once he got behind Alonso, who in turn was probably being held up by Massa. Despite him complaining the tyres where 'going off' i think it was more the dirty air that was causing him grip problems.

Really looking forward to Malaysia! :D

Ditto most of what has been said.

Thought is was interesting that Mr McLaren himself had a negative comment to make about the team. He has always been 100% in favour of everything they do, and has said he will always race for them. A few more mistakes like that and will that picture change?