rsgntx

New Home - DG Supercharged VR6 - SOLD

That paint is making me think about taking out another loan Rob.....looking very nice!! Await the next lot of pix!! :D

That paint is making me think about taking out another loan Rob.....looking very nice!! Await the next lot of pix!! :D

Thanks can't wait to get it back! pictures will not be until next week as i am in China at the moment!

Major progress, you had anything smoothed or changed or kept it all stock?

OK don't tell anyone but i did get the weld seams taken of the rear panel! shhh...

So as the Corrado steering wheel is no longer available i picked this up! want to see how it looks with the rest of the trim when i get the car back!

So got these pics from the painter! get back from China on Saturday and hoping the cars is all back together. Still lots to do after she's back including getting the wheels cleaned up and then in for service at DG.

25052011046.jpg

Rear bumper beam..

25052011045.jpg

25052011044.jpg

25052011043.jpg

Finally got the car back tonight! Very happy with the finish on the paint will take a closer look over the weekend while i am sorting out a few things ready for Bristol next week! Engine bay will get some work. I also want to get the new lights in all round but i haven't got the rears back yet! Wheels also need some work... so much to do for next week! Service tomorrow at DG after sitting around in a paint shop for a month and not being run she needs a bit of TLC!

Wasn't sure about this but looks good on! What's the gear lever, new wave VW 5 speed? ;)

Wasn't sure about this but looks good on! What's the gear lever, new wave VW 5 speed? ;)

Cheers Matt i was exactly the same! Gear shift new straight from the dealer!

Got to the office this morning and it is the first opportunity to take some pictures. Not a great day for it but never mind.....

DSC009530091.jpg

DSC00953010.jpg

Here's a close pic of the new headlights with new idea for indicator set-up much more visible!

DSC00953012.jpg

And one closure on the finish!

DSC00953013.jpg

Comments welcomed?

DSC00953009.jpg

Really want one of those wheels, they look spot on in my opinion.

Any details on it? Ebay or straight from VW? What did you do about the airbag/slip ring for the horn? How does it feel in use? I heard they are a little larger than standard wheels.

Really want one of those wheels, they look spot on in my opinion.

Any details on it? Ebay or straight from VW? What did you do about the airbag/slip ring for the horn? How does it feel in use? I heard they are a little larger than standard wheels.

I bought it of ebay for £205 plus shipping which I think was £50. I think it is about 3 to 5mm bigger across the horizontal centre but smaller on the vertical because of the flat bottom. It is chunky in the hand but i kind of like that. So far i have just fitted to see if I like it so I need to address the horn issue. Plan is to buy a cheap VW wheel and I have an idea to take the standard horn mechanism and a part of the wheel and create an adaptor plate. When i get it done and I will be doing it because the trial fit has made my mind-up, I'll post the details of what I have done.

Much smoothness, lovely :shades: would like to see a video of the front indicators working

Paint looks great Rob, bet your glad the wheels cleaned up so well! Did you clean under the bonnet? Running a bit higher than normal?

Paint looks great Rob, bet your glad the wheels cleaned up so well! Did you clean under the bonnet? Running a bit higher than normal?

Wheels didn't come up as clean as i want them so still work to do!! under the bonnet was a nightmare the polished inlet is just not happening and its got to go!! will be going to black as soon as i can with a stainless top cover! yeah i never got chance to lower it at the weekend!

OK haven't had the car for two days! Got it back together and serviced all nice and tight, shiny all very good! Then started to hear a whine over the noise of my lovely supercharger which gradually got worse! Called Graham and as good as ever fitted me in and turned out that the power steering pump bearings had gone! While the front end was off again asked him to check the water pump and sure enough there was play on the shaft, so that would be the next to go. So, with all the load on the belt from the supercharger settings, decided to change both. Just got the car back in time for Bristol not prepped but still going!

Weird timing.. my power steering pump is on the way out!

Hey Rob looks crap!!!!!

Only joking buddy looking lovely as usual the finish from the close up pic looks well smooth. Looks superb. Looking forward to seeing in the flesh at BVF.

See you in a month :)

Hey Rob looks crap!!!!!

Only joking buddy looking lovely as usual the finish from the close up pic looks well smooth. Looks superb. Looking forward to seeing in the flesh at BVF.

See you in a month :)

Cheers Chris. Looking forward to BVF! see you then!

Weird timing.. my power steering pump is on the way out!

Yeah well after 16 years shouldn't complain....but we will :)

OK haven't had the car for two days! Got it back together and serviced all nice and tight, shiny all very good! Then started to hear a whine over the noise of my lovely supercharger which gradually got worse! Called Graham and as good as ever fitted me in and turned out that the power steering pump bearings had gone! While the front end was off again asked him to check the water pump and sure enough there was play on the shaft, so that would be the next to go. So, with all the load on the belt from the supercharger settings, decided to change both. Just got the car back in time for Bristol not prepped but still going!

Did you see my Mystic blue Storm there!!!