Sign in to follow this  
Skyway

What next ????

Hi all,

Thought that I would throw this one at the forum to see what advice/opinions I'd get back.

I've only just got back on the forum and working on my C's after several months off after an accident at work and this weekend managed to finish stripping one of my VR6's. The initial intention was to store and keep some of the parts for my other C and then to sell/scrap the rest but with the engine stripped on my work bench and the almost perfect shell sitting on the garage floor I can't help but thinking a total rebuild.... :scratch:

After reading through various threads on here and looking at hundreds of photos I can't help thinking 'what if'....

How about uprating engine components and maybe fitting a turbo, shall a go for a body kit so I have 1 original C and the other modified or even cut it in half and make an identical trailer to my original C????? :shrug:

I'm certainly not shy with the spanners so getting stuck into a project won't make me lose any sleep but with a 2 year time limit before I'm abroad again 'working' and an ever impatient wife (who still can't believe that I've packed away and stored most of the C in our loft) wanting me to make my mind up it's now decision time.... Help!

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf021.JPG[/attachment:1um7uof5]

022.JPG[/attachment:1um7uof5]

You cant scrap that mate! It looks mint, gagging for a rebuild :)

+1 !!!

And since you know what you're doing, it would be even more of a waste, it would be different if you didnt what you were doing.

I say get stuck in!

I wish I had the knowledge & skills, I would do the rebuild!

Yeah know what you are saying...

My budget isn't all that bad but still haven't decided to modify or to keep it standard. Think it's something that you can easily get carried away with.

never thought that it would be this brain draining!! Corrado's heh!! love them and hate them at the same time.....

Bloody hell.... ave you a crystal ball there? been looking into that today.

AWd turbo mega bucks though!

Cheers for the link, loads of info and the fella has done it as simple as possible.

Maybe not such a distant thought then, I've also been told that the golf set up fits as well. Think I've got some more research to do....

Think you've opened up yourself a large can of worms LOL. Good luck in what ever you decide to do but make sure you open up a new build thread it would make interesting reading.

off topic

Bloody REME driving Corrado's! Corrados should be RMP only :lcop: I've got one of the 3 Corrado's based in BFG. Only 2 of which are VR6's.

It's tempting for anyone I guess. Just remember tho, it will cost you, no matter how cheaper your route is to any rebuild.

Personally, be happy you've got 1 rado, with a sh&t load of spares.

3). Sell the shell to a more desperate somebody. Make your life easier for yourself, otherwise, you'll be taking 930 steps back.

:shrug:

its deffently not worth scrapping.

if it was me i wouldnt do the whole bodykit thing and concentrate on engine and running gear. i would rather have something that went like stink but looked more on the poo side, not that im saying rado's look poo cause they dont but you know what im getting at!

the idea of a matching trailer is cool but that means you have to have a towbar on your other one which is not so cool.

if you got the time and space then go for it.

off topic

Bloody REME driving Corrado's! Corrados should be RMP only :lcop: I've got one of the 3 Corrado's based in BFG. Only 2 of which are VR6's.

Hey it's the in thing with us REMF's, VDUB all the way.... :salute:

Good to hear from you chap.... stag on, I'll just carry on polishing spanners and dodging tiffy's as all good VMs do.

p.s. didn't know Gorillas were able to drive C's ha ha ha

all the best bud....