Sign in to follow this  
Lars1974

My 94 twilight violet - VR6

hi guys,

yesterday I finally picked up my VR6 from a fellow forum member...

Today the missus and I drove down to the New Forest - what a great car...

here are some of the details of the car:

1994 L reg

106100 miles

Full service history both main dealer and independant

Colour is twighlight violet (very dark purple)

Interior in excellent conditon which is black cloth

The car is completly standard other than a K & N induction kit (I have the standard air box also)

here is a picture of the car from today

IMG_0046.jpg

there2 things which require attention: i did a VAG com readout as the ABS light is on or off...and the brake pedal sensor is at fault - so that will get replaced... and the auxilery water pump is quiet noisy - i.e. clear hizzing ~& rattling sound jsut by turning on the ignition - so that will get replaced...

other than that I plan to cherish the car - use it for fun only (no commuting etc) and keep it standard!

I will give it a good clean and polish again soon and take more pics

thx Lars

Awesome. Lots of nice, clean, original looking VR's coming out of the woodwork lately.

Looks fantastic :)

thanks for the nice comments guys... :notworthy:

i will take some more pics next weekend...i know just the place :lol: and yes the SLR will come out again to take the shots...

Does anyone what the color split is on the Corrados??? most i have seen are red, balck or purple.

i like the color of my car - its in near perfect condition too...i may even get it detailed to get the little swirls etc out ...but one step at a time

How do you mean "what colour split"? Not quite following you.

Edit: just re read your post, not a clue mate. Yours is a fairly rare colour though.

i mean, does anyone know what the most and what the least colors produce or registered are? i know that they production per model are available but i dont know if this is also available for which colors...its just out of interest - nothing too technical...

maybe we can ran a poll on this forum...this should give us a good idea...

i mean, does anyone know what the most and what the least colors produce or registered are? i know that they production per model are available but i dont know if this is also available for which colors...its just out of interest - nothing too technical...

maybe we can ran a poll on this forum...this should give us a good idea...

There was a poll on here a good while back, have a search through, it should still be about.

lovley car mate, and that colour :luvlove:

Although i am slightly biased, i have a mk3 golf gti in that colour too and when clean in sunlight its one of the best colours out there. (its for sale soon, you should buy it and have a matching pair :D )

Really nice mate looks nice and straight well done , had brake pedal positon sensor go on mine its not to bad about £60 it fits in the master cylinder and not on the pedal as one would think , when removing its under a bit of pressure nothing bad but will make you jump if your not ready .

guys,

thanks for the nice comments...

i took another quick picture tonight from my bedroom window....the paint does look brilliant...

Vr6vonoben2.jpg

Thanks

Lars

guys,

today i picked up my Vr6 again after it had some needed engine - TLC - see list of part etc..

having had a noisy aux water pump, a tiny leak at the headgasket and a view other bits.. the car a top end rebuild...

as the timing chains were not done yet we did them to...and i also fitted a new clutch which i got from a fellow Forum member... :clap:

here is a list of the stuff done / replaced: (not including fluids etc.)

Cylinder head machining, valve re cut, head skim,

Injector reconditioning

2 x O ring for coolant pipe

Plastic water pipe

Gasket

6 x spark plugs

Head gasket

1 x cam shaft timing chain

1 x chain tensioner

1 x cam shaft timing chain bottom

1 x chain tensioner

1 x chain tensioner

1 x slider rail

1 x oil filter

1 x aux water pump

1 x rocker cover cover gasket

1 x inlet manifold inner gasket

1 x auxiliary belt

1 x auxiliary belt tensioner

2 of my injector had the spray bit missing...chain guide were starting to wear and one guard was broken...

here are a few pics...more will follow as we took pics along the way with the head off etc...

engine bay got a bit of a clean too...

Radoisback3.jpg

now i need to run it back in a bit ...it purrs like a kitten...cost me over a 1k for parts alone, but well worth it...

oh, and we did change all suspension bushes too with upgrade race spec bush kit.

i may see if i can make it to the Basingstoke & Dean VAG meet this Thursday - so i may see you there.

thx Lars

Looks lovely, i bought my first vr last week after a g60, think the vr is a bit slower down the rev range, g60 had so much pull, but not much between them, absolutely love the vr burble. got mine in twilight violet too, in ,ove with the colour, pictures just dont do it justice! only made on the 94-95 models iirc? going to give mine its first proper clean 2m on my day off. hopefully start a thread. get some more pics up :D

That looks a really nice car and with all the appropriate TLC you're lavishing on it I'm sure it'll repay you by the bucketful! :clap:

Apart from the aux water pump, did you do the other jobs just for peace of mind?

I see you've ditched the aftermarket air filter. :D

Cheers!

Apart from the aux water pump, did you do the other jobs just for peace of mind?

I see you've ditched the aftermarket air filter. :D

Cheers!

headgasket had a slight leak - hence the head work and whilst at it the chains etc...

+ i got the clutch kit cheap from here so i thought in for a penny in for a pound!

at least its all sorted now...

car now owes me a lot more than i paid & had planned to spend, but thats life! :lol:

i plan on keeping it a while...

car now owes me a lot more than i paid & had planned to spend, but thats life! :lol:

Mine's the same! :D

I'll happily be told I am wrong but the colour of your car looks the same as mine which I am told is dark burgandy pearl?????

T