C5 OEM

C5 oem .....great white hope

I turn my back for 5 minutes and you're trying my wheels on, don't touch what you can't afford. ps told you they fit great

very true..!!

Common sense and lack of money stopped me buying the ch`s so i`ve just picked up these borbet c`s... going to paint them tomorrow as one has been kerbed but really do like them and perfect size and offset..

DSCF0299.jpg

DSCF0298.jpg

DSCF0297.jpg

Looking good, not so sure I want to sell them now!!!

Good to meet you this morning, glad you're happy with the wheels. Your car looks stunning, I'd better be getting on with mine now!

Looking good, not so sure I want to sell them now!!!

Good to meet you this morning, glad you're happy with the wheels. Your car looks stunning, I'd better be getting on with mine now!

Thanks tony, you need to get yours done its a great car and top spec.. cheers

Yeah me too the understated 90s six spoke design is pefect for complimenting an essentally stock Storm but gives it far more presence whilst retaining its OE charm and appeal.

Sorry I have to say I dont really like them.....I think it dates the car too much.

But its not my car, each to their own.

Take no notice of me i'm just laughing that you think it dates it too much but they are broadly period correct, it just shows that we sometimes think of Corrados as being more modern than they are, many of its contempories are no longer around. Wheter or not you like them is of course personal preference

Very nice period wheels Andy.

Many moons ago there was a bordeaux red 16v near here with them in 16 inch guise. This has just reminded me how much I liked them then, and now.

What are the dimensions and offset, if you don't mind me asking ?

Looking for an everyday 16 inch wheel that is easily cleaned, so this may well be the solution.

Very nice period wheels Andy.

Many moons ago there was a bordeaux red 16v near here with them in 16 inch guise. This has just reminded me how much I liked them then, and now.

What are the dimensions and offset, if you don't mind me asking ?

Looking for an everyday 16 inch wheel that is easily cleaned, so this may well be the solution.

17 x 7.5 et30 with 205-40 tyres and 5 x 100... bang on fitment and period style..

Take no notice of me i'm just laughing that you think it dates it too much but they are broadly period correct, it just shows that we sometimes think of Corrados as being more modern than they are, many of its contempories are no longer around. Wheter or not you like them is of course personal preference

.......I suppose what I was saying is that I dont think they have aged as well as the corrado has, or for arguements sake a speedline or solitude has - both of which from the same period but both of which IMO date well with the corrado.

Like you say, personal thoughts only. :thumb right:

Edited by Danny B

Refurbed the wheels today...only one had the kerb rash but did them all just so they are right.

DSCF0302.jpg

DSCF0301.jpg

DSCF0312.jpg

DSCF0307.jpg

DSCF0304.jpg

DSCF0329.jpg

DSCF0328.jpg

DSCF0330.jpg

Edited by C5 OEM

Did you let the tyre down and push it down off the lip of the rim, or can you do this (with a good finish) with the tyre completely intact ?

Did you let the tyre down and push it down off the lip of the rim, or can you do this (with a good finish) with the tyre completely intact ?

Broke the bead on the one that needed grinding back.

Classic wheel ,I bought a set for my first corrado about ten year ago,found another set a few years ago but they were too bent to save,love the car ,super clean example

How come you didn't go the powder coat route this time? Are you disappointed with the speedlines finish? I used the same people to coat my Audis wheels and considering what the started with they seem to be fine (they've only been back on the car for 2 weeks and I'm asking if the finish will deteriorate).

The painted finish looks spot on by the way :o)

Really nice job on the refurb! Would love to see a how-to guide on DIY refurbs. Do you grind it down then use metal filler?

How come you didn't go the powder coat route this time? Are you disappointed with the speedlines finish? I used the same people to coat my Audis wheels and considering what the started with they seem to be fine (they've only been back on the car for 2 weeks and I'm asking if the finish will deteriorate).

The painted finish looks spot on by the way :o)

only one needed doing so didnt want to mess around pulling tyres off so easier to do the lot in one go and had access to the compressor and gun

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Really nice job on the refurb! Would love to see a how-to guide on DIY refurbs. Do you grind it down then use metal filler?

managed to grind it down to good metal and didn`t need any filler or weld, just varying grade of finish then etched primer.

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

Sorted out the front discs and calipers, was going to replace the discs but decided to clean them up and save the money..

DSCF0337.jpg

DSCF0347.jpg

DSCF0349.jpg

DSCF0344.jpg