Got the silencer fitted, its bloody tight. Reduced the noise to a good level though.

Had a few little lambda issue but seem to be sorted now. Went for a drive tonight and had a play with a Caterham style car on a b-road. He was giving it the berries on the straight bit but I was just tickling the throttle, the guys double takes in the mirror was quite funny. Little wave from him when we split which was quite cool.

Stereo is not working but TBH I think I prefer it without now, it makes the drive much more involving :camp: .

Some quick crappy phone pics form tonight showing the plate in situ. Note Ive removed the lamix as well, prefer it like that now. Car will be down at Stealth end next month for the VRT RR day and to get the Racelogic fitted.

Looks spot on 8)

Abso-bloody-lutely! That bottom pic is superb. Love it! :luvlove:

Ok, having serious thoughts about selling. Only reason is I have this niggling itch to buy an Elise and the S1's are within range now. Would be a shame as the cars running spot on now. Am I mad?

Ok, having serious thoughts about selling. Only reason is I have this niggling itch to buy an Elise and the S1's are within range now. Would be a shame as the cars running spot on now. Am I mad?

deffo,you'll regret it!!!!

look how many times you've come back to C ownership!!..........why sell a near perfect one after so little time with it!!

yes

Thought you say that. It really is a special car but Im kind of getting bored of the whole VW thing if Im honest. Its all Ive owned since passing my test. I know I'll take the car out for a run and change my mind again though. Must be an early mid life crisis.

I can see your reson for selling it,i would love to try different cars and not just stick to vag range its just money at the end of the day or the lack of it :lol: ......if i had spare cash and a bigger garage i would buy it back! :(

Thought you say that. It really is a special car but Im kind of getting bored of the whole VW thing if Im honest.

Now I can see I'm not alone. Fantastic car but you get bored, how is it possible, have no idea but have exactly this same with my vrt project.

Thought you say that. It really is a special car but Im kind of getting bored of the whole VW thing if Im honest.

Now I can see I'm not alone. Fantastic car but you get bored, how is it possible, have no idea but have exactly this same with my vrt project.

The question is; what is your all time ultimate Corrado? The answer is most probably, a VRT, and now you've had the ultimate, you have now satisfied that 'itch'.

However, if you sold now, you would 99.9% regret it, and be very itchy again haha

I guess only you know what you really want, and at the end of the day, if a VRT doesnt flick your switches anymore (especially after such short ownership) then perhaps it is time to move on.

Maybe the best option would be to arrange a test drive of an Elise. They are a very basic car and whilst they are very nimble, and can get uncomfy on any kind of long drive.

PLEASE dont put it up for sale, the missus would kill me if i bought this car, i was sooo tempted when james was selling it.

I keep changing my mind. I know I will never find another Corrado in this condition / spec and that I could potentially buy an Elise at anytime. Ive yet to have someone say its a bad idea buying one though (apart from on hear) and Im often one to regret doing something than thinking about doing it.

As you know, I've been using mine every day since it's build and it always makes me laugh, so I have no idea how or why people get bored of VRTs :D

I guess it's the usual Corrado love / hate thing that gets us all eventually :D

There are a lot of high performance cars entering bargain status these days, so I can totally understand the itchy feet.

I'm not sure an S1 Elise will float your boat for long, but at least you will have got it out of your system!

I quite fancy a MK1 Civic Type R turbo project myself. For me personally, nothing 'off the shelf" will ever keep me satisfied for long, unless it's a 997 turbo or something. Once a modder, always a modder!

i wont get bored of my VRT, but thats only since using it daily . When it was sitting around and being a weekend car it did become a bunch of cash sitting on the drive that i never really got to use. Now i use it daily i clean it more, race in it more, enjoy it more :D

Now i use it daily i clean it more, race in it more, enjoy it more :D

Totally 100% true :D Nothing sets me up for the day better than blowing away some kn0bbers on the way into work! And then I get to enjoy more of that on the way home from work too :D

if you feel bored with it park it up for 1 month and use public transport then jump back in it and sure as hell you wont sell...like you say your self where on gods earth will you find a gem of a car like you have again...??????

ive just got mine back onthe road today after being without it for nearly 2 months and thought i was bored and mines is only a 9a 16v and buy gum a rado is a great car to drive...i want to hug mine

Im not bored of this car, I just get the feeling that Im bored with VW's in general. As I said Ive driven them ever since passing my test and I think its the grass is greener phase at the moment.

Same here. MK1 Jetta 1.5CL -> MK2 1.6 CL -> MK2 16V -> MK2 8V -> MK1 16V -> Another MK2 16V -> MK2 16V Turbo -> Corrado VR6 NA/SC/Turbo

With a few BMWs, Vauxhalls etc in between.

Driven other people's M3s, Evos, Westfields, 911s etc etc too and I've never once thought about chopping my VWs in for one of them. Dunno why. I'm not brand loyal to VW at all. In fact VWs annoy the feck out of me sometimes, but something about them just keeps my interest.

So anyway, keep us posted with what grabs your fancy :norty:

Same here. MK1 Jetta 1.5CL -> MK2 1.6 CL -> MK2 16V -> MK2 8V -> MK1 16V -> Another MK2 16V -> MK2 16V Turbo -> Corrado VR6 NA/SC/Turbo

With a few BMWs, Vauxhalls etc in between

VAUXHALL :shock: can kev be kicked off the forum for typing that??

VXR8, VX220.... they've sold some reasonable cars. Kev's was a Cavalier though, and can't be counted as reasonable ;)

true jim, but the vxr8 was not designed/built in the country, and the vx220 is just a lotus really.

and Kev had a cavalier, thats even worse.