Sad times, but needs must. I kinda hoped it would stay on the forum though! Have you still got the S4? I was looking at C5 S6 Avants last night as a nice winter car... mmmm

S4 is for sale as well, Im probably going to run with one car for a while so need something slightly better on fuel. Maybe a 120d or 123d if I can find one I like. I know I'll be back with another Corrado at some point, its inevitable.

shame to see you sell but like you say you will be back!, also i dont feel as bad now for ordering a set of comps like yours!

Shame its gone, at least you had the adventure of owning such a car. Would the new owner be on here?

Whats next for you?

Doubt the new guy will be on here, he was quite young but is a VW tech at the local dealer. I did tell him I want first refusal if he sells. Not sure, thinking of going back to one car. Been eyeing up new Scirocco's trading in the S4 or maybe an Elise. Was even looking at Cerbera's.

One last pic I took outside the garage. Ive still got some bits left over like a baffled sump etc but I might just holf onto them for now. Already been looking to see if there are any cheap one floating about the area but Ive decided to have a break from them as I hardly used this thing this year apart from the odd day or trip.

Sad to see a great car go. I can however see the sense of having just one good diesel car at the moment for the slog of daily duties, and when the need for a toy returns i'm sure a Corrado will be on the list somewhere.

He is on a local VW forum but never comes on. I dont think he will change much if anything at all when I last spoke to him. Ive never seen it since I sold it and TBH I dont want to as I know I'll want it back.

Seen the car once on Union Street with few boys in about 3-4 weeks ago or so

Just read this thread from start to finish as I love the car and am tempted to come back to 'Rado ownership for this, with it being back up for sale, having sold my VR to a mate in Sept' 2011 and bought a 420 bhp S4 B5.

Only thing is it is a hell of a long way to go from Exeter to 'Deen to look at a car. I would also have to sell my S4 first, which I would only do for this particular car, so would need to be certain of its condition.

If I am honest I didn't miss the Corrado that much until I got a lift in my old one. Everything from the noise to the relaxed and low driving position makes me want another now. That and the fact the S4 isn't the sportiest through the bends, even with coilovers and fat rear arb.

Am I mental to be thinking of going from a thirsty and expensive to maintain S4 to another potential PITA.:bonk:

Edited by VR6 Gar

I saw you were asking about it on ed38. Its hard one to be fair. I still feel like I miss the car even now I have my RS to play with. It is a very well sorted car but you must keep on top of it. Mechanically I dont think it will want for anything but I have not seen the car since I sold it. I know the guy looks after it and is still a VW tech.

Body wise there was some minor chipping to the rear edge of the arches when I sold it but apart from that it was very good. Wheels were a little scuffed in places but thats about it. Only thing I would have changed was the clutch which I think Caol has done. Its worth the money all day long IMO.

Very different car from the S4 but performance wise there wouldnt be a lot in it. This would definitely feel faster and have you laughing a lot more. I was very very close to buying it back and would have if I didnt have the RS4. Coming from the S4 to this you will have the ideas on what to watch for and this has all the necessary gauges to do so.

It was the fact all the potentially expensive stuff has been done, so should be reliable if looked after well, that makes me want it.

Cosmetic stuff is a lot cheaper to sort and can be done whenever, so a few small bits here and there are no problem for me as its an old car and to be expected.

From my calculations you would need to be in the region of 550bhp in our cars to keep up with it given the weight and transmission losses associated with them? Or would you say less?

I am also thinking it will corner a hell of a lot better, no matter what you do to ours thanks to the engine position. Although its been so long since I drove one, and mine is so much better than when I first got it now, so maybe I am expecting a bit much?

Definitely one to think hard about.

Handling is better with the Corrado. I'll be honest it would take a lot for me to got back from the RS4 but (no offence here) not as much from an S4. Value for money the Corrado is very good and its easy to work on, especially with the turbo position.

When I replaced things I tried to use bits that would last as in the long run it made sesnse. I think the fact that is was a brand new lower end helped a lot.

I wish I had managed to get a dry track day as Im sure it would have kept up with some serious machinery. I realise its quite a distance and a big step though.

Lol, non taken.

The Corrado is a seriously good looking car and far sportier than my S, and the GF has a company E91 Estate oil burner that I am insured on so don't really need the S4, although it was great fun in the little snow we actually got down here this winter. Leaving a fully iced over car park on Dartmoor sideways whilst others were struggling to even move is something I would dearly miss. :cool: