Sign in to follow this  
CorradoVR6-Turbo

S3 build....from 6 to 4 cylinders-doh!

have you ever seen opti-seal, would of been perfect i reckon, bit pricey but good for a quick fix :)

good to see this car gone to a better home as well mate :wink:

Very nice, look forward to this. Audi sport won't be happy with you doing the front rings black lol

I actually think the wheels look ok on your car, what would you replace them with?

Cheers bud,on audi sport they all black out the rings,it suits the yellow,not all do,as for the rims yea they are not horid but not my taste and weigh a tone! so im after 18" oz superleggera's they are super light and should help with the unspring weight. 8)

yom yom yom ........the s3 like snow :tongue:

My god this is fun in the snow,acts like a rwd with front wheel drive assistance.....wierd to get used to unlike 50/50 split 4wd but i love it :luvlove:

DSC_0206.jpg

wow cant believe its that bad only up the road. we have had a dusting but very little is settling tbh! bet the car is great fun in this haha

yom yom yom ........the s3 like snow :tongue:

My god this is fun in the snow,acts like a rwd with front wheel drive assistance.....wierd to get used to unlike 50/50 split 4wd but i love it :luvlove:

DSC_0206.jpg

Half the reason I'm thinking about a 4wd car myself at the moment. C for sunny days, 4wd for all year practicality and winter fun! :lol:

What's the brakes lime with the abs.

On the TT if you even thought about touching the brake in the snow it would just kick the abs in and just skid you down the road even though I could have braked it better if it wasn't been too keen.

Yea the S3 is a daily keeper and a toy for the summer will be on the card for next year... :clap:

Brakes are fine,if you hit the brakes hard like any abs system is will react quickly and never stop,so i dab the brakes to get a feel for how much traction i have then apply it nice and easy...so far its ok and when my winter tyres turn upo i cant wait!! :tongue:

Some more pics of" one man and his Audi" absolute loving the snow at the mo!

DSC_0214.jpg

DSC_0217.jpg

DSC_0220.jpg

DSC_0221.jpg

DSC_0219.jpg

Im never going back to two wheel drive!

But that's my point the fact I never stood on them and as you say dab them to feel how much traction there is and it would just kick in.

For once in my life I will say the 312's must be too powerful lol.

really liking the s3 James - hadn't seen this thread until now.

it looks like a lovely example, no wonder you're chuffed with it.

i made the mistake of selling my evo last year just before all the snow came, then regretted that loads over that month. (m5's aren't exactly the best vehicle to use when there's snow & ice about!)

4wd and snow is ridiculously good fun! it will be awesome when you get hold of some winter tyres.

i'm back around the middle of Jan, if all this snow hasn't disappeared by then, then i'll have to look into getting some snow chains; they're not cheap either - 275/35 18's isn't exactly the easiest size to get chains for!

care to make/post up some sideways vids for us?!? ;)

stunning pics James, always loved the S3, yours will have been well fettled too, so would be a serious beast! :salute: I'll have to pay you a visit next time I'm up 'oop norf'

This must be alot of fun in the snow... Drove an S4 last year in the snow and it was much fun!!

But that's my point the fact I never stood on them and as you say dab them to feel how much traction there is and it would just kick in.

For once in my life I will say the 312's must be too powerful lol.

yea 312 are good but my 323mm brembo set up is super sensitive to get right in the snow/slush but its still allot of fun! :tongue:

care to make/post up some sideways vids for us?!? ;)

Cheers Pete :wink: yea ive already pulled a few bmw with the s3 in my estate as its like a ice ring,but cant fault the s3 in snow,its so much snow grip lol.

This weekend if i finish off my mates s3 we are going on a road trip up the dales,with shovels,tow ropes etc just in case :grin:

stunning pics James, always loved the S3, yours will have been well fettled too, so would be a serious beast! :salute: I'll have to pay you a visit next time I'm up 'oop norf'

Cheers Hasan :salute: and likewise when im back down your parts so please do give us a ring if you do mate will be good to meet you in person :D

Nice pics there buddy

Cheers matey no doubt you will see it about sometime and i need to have a look at your beast to see how its coming on,you used it in the snow :lol:

nice s3 8)

Cheers mate :D

This must be alot of fun in the snow... Drove an S4 last year in the snow and it was much fun!!

Very mate,once you have one it will be hard to switch back to rwd/fwd really good all round car...even happy with the power :ignore:

My splitter well um....split in two due to it being a mini snow plough doh! should have taken it off,the snow up north is crazy at the moment if it was not 4wd i would have been caught out ive passed so many cars abandoned on the side of the road!

Still waiting on my snow tyres :confused4: at this rate the snow will be gone boo!

One word Nope!!!

Hasnt even been near the road I can hardly see it. been walking to work

Shame your tyres havent come as yeah think your right prob gone by the end of the week

Not much progress to report :( but off next week so hopefully all hands on systems go and the engine will be built up ready for installation

Your car looks awesome in this pic you've taken.

DSC_0220.jpg

So no possibility of ever going back to a Corrado then?