stormseeker

VAG-COM scanning & help

OK, are you having some ECU/ABS related problems and want to scan those DTCs? This is the place to be - where forum users can check to see if there's anyone in their local vicinity with VAG-COM, the PC based VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda diagnostics tool.

Drop your local volunteer a PM or email and we'll see what we can do! :-)

for clarification: The 95 model year cars got the "16pin OBD2" style diags connector, whereas earlier cars will have the "2x2" connectors - if you're unsure which your car has, just pull gently up on the gearshift boot plastic surround and the diags socket will be exposed underneath... see pictures below for clarification

Stormseeker - 16pin OBD2 and 2x2 connectors - can cover Lancs, Merseyside & Cheshire

dan_r_901 - VAG-COM 16pin OBD2- Surrey

corradovr6sc - VAG-COM 16pin OBD2 - N. Staffs, S. Cheshire, parts of Shropshire and Derbyshire

Corvr6 - 16pin OBD2 connector - Peterborough,Cambs

stevef - VAG-COM 16pin OBD2 Connector - Manchester

PhatVR6 - VAG-COM 16pin OBD2 Connector - York/Leeds/Teesside

Reggit - VAG-COM 2 x 2 Connector - Manchester/Preston

dr_mat - VAG-COM 16pin OBD2 Connector - Reading (daytime)

daves16v - VAG-COM OBD2 connector in Notts, Derbys, Leicestershire

Kebabman - VAG-COM OBD2 connector in Oxford.

buttles - VAG-COM OBD2 connector in Redhill, Surrey.

chargedupstorm - 16pin OBD2 and 2x2 connectors North Surrey and South London

H2VEW - 16pin OBD2 and 2x2 connectors - Wales

willmason - 16pin ODB2 - Liverpool

aclwalker - 16pin OBD2 - Glasgow

Jay_vr6 - VAG-COM 16pin OBD2 - East Sussex

schrickvr6 - 16 pin OBDII and 2X2 OBDI

Anyone else who wants to help, comment to this thread and I'll edit you in to this first post...

FOR REFERENCE:

VAG-COM can only communicate with the VR6's Motronic ECU (not G60's Digifant or 16v/8v's) but all Corrados' ABS, Auto G.box and OE Immobiliser (if fitted).

Below are pictures of the two types of diagnostics interface found on the Corrado...

Edited by Kevin Bacon

i've got vag-com and am willing to help anyone in my area.

If you can let us know what leads you've got with your VAG-COM (The 16pin OBD2 style connector and/or the older 2x2 connectors) and what area you're prepared to cover (Staffs?) I'll edit you into the top message...

Good idea this, nice one! When did you get the "2x2" Criss? If I can find my missing vag-com plug I may give you a call if I'm going to be in the merssyside area. Where does the plug run to? (ECU?)

Good idea this, nice one! When did you get the "2x2" Criss?

made my own adapter last week before I went to look at a local VR6 that was for sale for jims16v

If I can find my missing vag-com plug I may give you a call if I'm going to be in the merssyside area. Where does the plug run to? (ECU?)

Don't know how it gets there but it goes to the ECU and the ABS. Unfortunately for G60 owners VAG-COM can only talk to the ABS, not the G60's ECU.

Have a look here - http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/dlc.html for possible locations of your plugs...

The 1.8 16V doesn't have em - different ECU... the 2.0L does have em (2x2 style) but like the G60 can only diagnose ABS faults...

Just to clarify,my VR is late 94 and has the sixteen pin OBD2 style connector.

I have just received my vag-com software and would be willing to help out on a limited basis. :)

The only limitation being vehicles would have to be driven to my location,Peterborough,Cambs. :wink:

Sorry no longer available

I have VAG-COM and a 16 pin connection lead.

I will help anybody in the Manchester area with a reading.

Cheers

The 1.8 16V doesn't have em - different ECU... the 2.0L does have em (2x2 style) but like the G60 can only diagnose ABS faults...

Does that mean that G60 Fuel/Ignition fault codes cannot be read at all, or is it just VAG-COM that can't read them?

Can they be read by the old VAG1551, or by using a diode/test lamp circuit?

Cheers

Does anybody in the S.Wales area have VAG COM as my ABS light is on :-(

Or could anyone do me a copy??

I've got a PC with it on at the moment.

16 pin style connector.

York area if anyone need it?

Laptop with VAG-COM

I have the lead with 2*2 connector that fits VR6 Corrados up to 1994.

Will help anyone out within the Manchester / Bolton Area

Scott

So can anyone do me a copy of VAG-COM as there seems to be no one from S.Wales on this forum :(

So can anyone do me a copy of VAG-COM as there seems to be no one from S.Wales on this forum :(

It's not just as simple as "doing a copy" - even if it were legal :-)

The copy protection in VAG-COM once it's registered means that it will only run on the PC that it was installed on... :-(

Is that definate as i've heard a few mixed reports is it not possible to diagnose engine related fault's on a 1993 2.0L 16v corrado?

Nope, sorry.

Only the VR6 reports engine data. It's a *fully* managed engine. i.e. it's timed and injected electronically and the ECU is fully OBD1 compliant. 16Vs are mechanically injected and timed with a distributor. There are no crank or cam phase sensors and therefore nothing to actually report in that respect.

I guess the 16V could report on O2 levels etc but the brain doesn't have that facility, AFAIK.

I think some people have managed to talk to a G60 digifant ECU using some obscure hybrid protocol but it's a hit and miss affair.

K

Anyone near Telford (Shifnal)? My ABS lights on and my VR intermittently cuts out and won’t start for a few seconds?.. Get’s a little annoying after a while :mad: !!

Much appreciate any help!

I'd just like to give my VR the once over on VAG-COM... anyone in the Cambridge-Stortford type area that I could come pay a visit to? If you have a VR too then even better, cos I'd like to compare a few things :D

Thanks

just to confirm, I now have a fully working copy of vag-com, and and OBD 2 stlye lead for the later connector.

York/leeds/teesside area.