Sign in to follow this  
Dr Forinor

I LOVE my Rado!!!

Many of you may know by now I have just recently bought the new GTR.

After driving only the GTR for a week, I took the Rado out yesterday, and to my very pleasant surprise, I actually realised that I missed driving the Rado.

Clearly everyone can figure out the GTR is miles ahead of the Rado in pretty much every dept, its in a massively different league but the driving pleasure to be had from the Rado is really something very special! My car at the moment isn't in the best condition, needs a few things done which I just cant get around to doing for one reason or another, and even with it running a little "ill", it's still such an amazing drive!

For a very short period, I considered getting rid of the Rado and only keeping the GTR as it does everything so damn well, and I mean everything, but after taking the Rado out again, it's slapped me about and I'm now fully convinced, it would have to be a "life or death" situation for me to consider selling the Rado. I'll sink thousands into it before considering selling!!!

Consider yourselves very lucky to be owning one very special car, I do!

Thats good to hear mate.

You have just saved me £60k on a brand new GTR :grin:

Look fwd to seeing you spam up the Corrado eventually

It's great to hear the Rado still lights your fire.. amazing it can deliver a driving experience anywhere near the GTR.

Had a 160 mile drive back from Harwich last night and did not get back through the door till midnight but hopped out of the VR as fresh as a daisy, having loved every mile of the tedious a14. They sure do have the magic!

Great post and sums up the mystique (and 'classic', sorry, had to!) bond that these cars have with their owners. Although recently, I've a feeling that the car in fact owns us! :lol:

Just to say, I've withstood the desire to have a spin in pops 993 C2S for fear it would somehow lessen the 'rado experiance, same with my Bro's Renault 5 GT Turbo, just didn't want to get in the VR and feel any kind of drop in power/feel etc.

As you point out Doc, I think I've been doing a big dis-service to the C.

Could be a case of never meet your hero's i guess...... :shrug:

Dont get me wrong, the Rado now feels stupidly slow in comparison (mine is not turbo'd... yet :norty: ), obviously, but the experience, the feel, the magic, the x factor, is there in HUGE chunks and still puts a cheesy grin on the face!!!

I was just talking to a friend and was saying that getting back into it after driving only the GTR for a week, it's somehow managed to revitalise the love for the Rado, I dunno how that works but it has. It's sparked up the level of motivation that I had when I first got the Rado.

I'm completely mystified how the hell this is possible but thats how I'm feeling.

Long live the Rado!! :D

"Abscence makes the heart grow fonder" is what they say. :D

Great to hear you've still got the love for the rado and glad you're still going to keep it.

Ur dead right mate no matter what other cars ive got or had during ownership of my rado which has been quite a few .Its always nice to get in and drive again it gives you that warm feeling inside :D

I took mine for a quick 15 mile blast down some B roads just for the crack. Despite the wheel wobble and brake pedal vibration i actually enjoyed it, first time for a while.

Ive had 3 rado's in the past (well one was the GF;s) and its the one car I keep thinking of going back to.I've had a polo40, lupo TDI, Beemer 7 series, Jag XJ8 Sport, Rado VR6, 16V and a Bahn Brennered one, golf Cab and am currently driving a Lexoid is200... but the lure if the Rado has pretty much taken hold now. How else do I explain i want to swap my electric & alcantra heated, sat-naved, V reg car for a 1992 G plate G60 with 170k on it!

The rado will always be my first automotive love.

Its the first post ive read with a smile..... Fair play to you for posting it! I feel much better realising that there are many other corrado mad owners out there. I drive around all day in a beaten up ford transit 100 that splutters in the morning and makes everyone caugh whilst they walk past. But when I get into the c, its like day and night. Im on my 4th corrado now, each time I would look on a website for a new car, I always just checked the corrado and talked myself back into one. The classic in the mists!

never really had the pleasure of driving the C on a daily bases (will quite soon though) - but even if it's pretty much been sitting in my ownership - due to a total overhalling I still tend to catch myselfe smiling when I'm sitting in the seat of the C - funny thing is that way before I knew wich car this was I was with my father at a VW workshop years ago (must have been around 90) I saw this Volkswagen car drive into the shop just in front of me - from that day I knew I had to have one of these cars (even if it was years later I learned that that car was a Corrado - at the time of sighting I had no idea what it was called).

And to "top it" - the C was never "officially" sold new in Norway - a few of em came thru as special order cars - but that must have been like 2-4 cars.....lol

it would have to be a "life or death" situation for me to consider selling the Rado. I'll sink thousands into it before considering selling!!!

Good, good!! Now come and talk to uncle wire about how to spend some of those thousands on your Corrado :norty:

it would have to be a "life or death" situation for me to consider selling the Rado. I'll sink thousands into it before considering selling!!!

Good, good!! Now come and talk to uncle wire about how to spend some of those thousands on your Corrado :norty:

Hahaha, trust you to pop along with an appropriate reply! :lol: :lol: :salute:

Or inappropriate, depending how flush your wallet is feeling :lol:

It is a good testament to the Corrado that you've got one of the most desirable cars on the planet as well, but your Corrado still floats your boat!

I keep telling everyone when I speak to them aswell, I would sell the GTR before I sell the Corrado.

I can't explain it mate, the Corrado is something very very special indeed.

Here's a funny thing, when I first got into the GTR, I found myself comparing the "feedback", the "magic", the "x factor" to that of the Corrado's....

The GTR might be a better car in many many respects, but my attitude is it can be the best at every single thing in the world, but if it doesnt have the magic, then it's no use to me. I need that to make me feel good when I'm driving the car, and the Corrado just oozes of it, as well as being capable in many other departments!

Not been out for a blast in the Corrado in a LONG time. Took it out tonight for a drive & wow, just WOW!!!

I feckin love the damned thing! Opening it up again tonight brought back all the reasons I love to drive! It's not right at the moment so when I get the car all fixed up it'll be even better but just, WOW! :D

Absolutely love it myself - just recently got mine registered so I'v done less then 2000 km in it yet, but always manage to put a smile on my face - and actually seem to putting smiles on other faces as well.

when mine was about to be registered here in Norway I met a guy that used to own one when he lived in the canaries - as he said he missed the car, and had have lots of fun in it :)

it's also satisfying to see how many people that actually *look* at the car when one drives by :)

Had a couple of guys doing an "overtaking" on a dual road - passing all other cars on the road - once they come up to the Corrado they take a he*** of a long time to move passed - for anyone not checking the car out....lol...:)

(have to add that the Corrado is a very rare care in Norway)....:)

Not been out for a blast in the Corrado in a LONG time. Took it out tonight for a drive & wow, just WOW!!!

I feckin love the damned thing! Opening it up again tonight brought back all the reasons I love to drive! It's not right at the moment so when I get the car all fixed up it'll be even better but just, WOW! :D

That post kicks arse. :salute:

That post kicks arse. :salute:[/quote:t3jwy2ah]

SO true :)